Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

^^^^The story goes that in the dressing room Ari reminded the players if they lost they'de be playing in the ???? Cup and  have to return to training  in a month or so early   he said he could feel the reaction.   ...CLASSIC man management. Luv it...

• 3 weeks later...

So... Been thinking bout our managers.  Levys had/made  a dificult learning curve.. marked by  arguaby the worst in graham.. I saw us four nil up and STILL the crowd gave Graham him stick... Anyways. Our top four since billy nic.... I'de go

1/ poch

2/ burkenshaw

3 el Tel

4 Ari boy

Thoughts guys ?

Looking forward to a fully fit squad Kane and  moussa bac will be very welcome.. though don't hold your breath for sissoko to get in full stride.. he'll be one i'de say will need plenty of game time.. and our c defence won't have gained an extra yard in pace  but we'll c.

I hope the training been good and they prepare well for the important game against United. Looking at the table a win over United would mean a lot for our confidence and we would be back on track for top 4.  We lost 3 games in a row at home, need a good start here. 

Edited by balo

13 minutes ago, balo said:

I hope the training been good and they prepare well for the important game against United. Looking at the table a win over United would mean a lot for our confidence and we would be back on track for top 4.  We lost 3 games in a row at home, need a good start here. 

when is the game against United ... 

Looking forward to see Kane and Son back after their injuries, we should have the best team available, so no excuses this time Mourinho. Whatever happens I expect a good fight. 

11 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If I see our players taking a knee and wearing a political message on their shirts I'll be switching off until they are gone.

No time for this insidious political message in football.  

Only Spurs game affected will be the Man U one. Apparently there will be logos on shirts for the remainder of the season.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If I see our players taking a knee and wearing a political message on their shirts I'll be switching off until they are gone.

No time for this insidious political message in football.  

Totally agree mate.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wilai said:

Only Spurs game affected will be the Man U one. Apparently there will be logos on shirts for the remainder of the season.

Then I simply won't watch....I'll be cancelling my club subscription too if it carries on to next season....I can't support such nonsense.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Then I simply won't watch....I'll be cancelling my club subscription too if it carries on to next season....I can't support such nonsense.

Are you gonna give Dominic Raab a thumbs up for his comments earlier ????

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I expect they will do it in every game this season. I wonder what will happen if a player refuse to bend down? 

6 hours ago, balo said:

I expect they will do it in every game this season. I wonder what will happen if a player refuse to bend down? 

I have less of a problem with the kneeling thing....its the official sanctioning on the shirts of what is really a political entity.

End to racism? Yes....Violence and disorder? No.

They are being bullied into it whether they want to or not.

Do you remember the push back the FA gave when it came to putting a poppy on the shirt?

It's just for this game but if players keep on making political gestures then they should face sanctions imo.

Any links for tonight's game?

cant see ANY good enuf reasons to NOT have the logos on the bac of the shirts...time this nastiness was openly downed.. and football/sport  is a classic example of it being perpetuated... just look at eastern Europe and Italy.. time the mother <deleted> were MADE to know the 'bigger boys' ain't gonna put up with their <deleted>... this should be a start... anyways bac to footie  tbh ide be hapi with a point tonight  their team has a vibrancy and balance that hasn't been there since fergies days.. whereas us..when fit  sparkling going forward but... an aging and mistake ridden defence WILL NOT /cant be sorted by tactics alone..  anyways always look forward to utd games traditionally good  entertaining games... let's hope tonight's the same

after match reaction.. overall I suppose a draw was fair enuf  tho always disappointing after holdin on for so long to lose 2 pts late..ish..  espec 2 a pen.. looked soft to me,   contact yeah   but would that have been a foul outside... hmmmmmm not sure  Think dier was a touch  stupid..   BUT  our perfomance.. kane was poor.. I know 6 months out   but 2 nIte he showed nothin power pace and touch were lacking.. dier barrin the pen had a decent game as did Sanchez.. that looks like it could be our pairing goin forward.  though if the pen was on the rhs dont think pogba would have gone past him quite as easily as he did,  so a natural lhs defender would be nice.  aurier   needs to go poor distribution, caught in possession  and far 2 many mistakes and no quality into the box... dont think I saw a n effective free kick or corner... when he's on, celso has a quality delivery.. HE SHOULD BE TAKING all... Sissoko has to b our man of the match. immense  even bullied pogba a few times.NO EASY TASK.. so that arguably was our tufest  game in the run in..  still think champs lge ain't gonna happen ... but we live in hope..

Edited by 3 minus 2

Appalling refereeing...two gifts he tried to give his pals and got away with one of them 

Cancelled my subscription this morning too....I'll still watch the games for free but I won't be at the ground or paying anything in until this <deleted> is long gone.

• Like 1

Better

...even if the first goal shouldn't have stood.. think overall we deserved the 3 points, barring hitting the post dont think Hugo was troubled.. no mistakes from aurier and Sanchez which is a plus.. celso is takin our midfield up a notch.. and surely is soon to be a regular starter.. and all getting run out and seemingly no injuries... a good thing..

2points.. the prem fixturing is absolutely nuts, 2 games this  Saturday next.. TV is really cAlling the shots and changing footiee.. all playing on sat gave a certain equality and workin out the table led to surprises ... Now Going into most games now  you know what you have to do and changes the games dynamics  ..  And. As for VAR .. I hesitate to say we told you so.  however One system with issues replaces another...  Personally I preferred it b4... But hey ho...

• 2 weeks later...

A pretty toothless Spurs today even with a full attacking squad. When are the usual questions of Mourinho going to begin? And when is Kane going to start edging towards an exit?

Sheffield just scored for 3-0. They've been the better side by far today.