Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

I was talking to a guy about the PC game Football Manager. It seems quality but apparently they have made match-ups so the very best of players can at times loose to poor players regardless of skill.

I'm on the edge of getting into football again as I was once in a fantasy league but I suppose it would be more fun with money on it! Sorry if this post is a bit of tangent.

8 minutes ago, balo said:

No women on that picture from 1934, how times have changed.  Now we even have women football commentators , especially when Arsenal play. 

...and barely a person without hat. As we all know ???? Stockport was a leading manufacturer of hats - even a massive hat factory in my village - think it must have been nice to wear a cap, trilby, whatever, when going out. Ah those were the days!

On 2/26/2021 at 5:05 AM, mrbojangles said:

No Jelly. He was born but just hadn't made the pilgrimage from Scotland to England yet. His journey from the land of men in skirts to the land of opportunity, better beer, better football, better food and better looking women was soon to follow.  ????

When I was growing up your better players were all heading to Rangers.

Better beer is not really true....bit of both in each country.

Better food than langoustines, fresh salmon and fillet steak?

I've never had an English chick threaten my very existence...so that's something I suppose.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...and barely a person without hat. As we all know ???? Stockport was a leading manufacturer of hats - even a massive hat factory in my village - think it must have been nice to wear a cap, trilby, whatever, when going out. Ah those were the days!

You dont half talk some garbage most times 

Failsworth inline with the best in the world and now with the largest factory in Europe. At the end of the 1940’s a major development was agreed with John B Stetson Company of the USA to manufacture, under licence, men’s hats bearing the famous Stetson brand name. https://www.failsworth1903.com/history/

Just now, ChipButty said:

Failsworth inline with the best in the world and now with the largest factory in Europe. At the end of the 1940’s a major development was agreed with John B Stetson Company of the USA to manufacture, under licence, men’s hats bearing the famous Stetson brand name. https://www.failsworth1903.com/history/

The Nawab in Failsworth is a superb curry house.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

The Nawab in Failsworth is a superb curry house.

Further to this it used to be at the site of a block of flats behind the Northern Quarter....good jukebox at the real ale pub along the road too name I forget but a famous old boozer.

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Firstly I was having a bit of fun...sorry I rattled your cage.

Secondly I don't understand your post at all.

Guess it's a coincidence the UK's only hat museum, the Hat Works, is in Stockport.

Guess it's also a coincidence  that Stockport County are called 'the Hatters'.

I know Roy Keane tries to live up to a persona he's created, but I thought he had a point - plus it was highly entertaining to see Rednapp burst a blood vessel. ???? So non-Spurs fans, who would you like from Spurs team? I'll bet we all would say Kane, Son, Bale in that order but no-one else.

17 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I know Roy Keane tries to live up to a persona he's created, but I thought he had a point - plus it was highly entertaining to see Rednapp burst a blood vessel. ???? So non-Spurs fans, who would you like from Spurs team? I'll bet we all would say Kane, Son, Bale in that order but no-one else.

You could say the same for most sides who can't spend £80m on a player and £300k a week wages.

Stick Dembele and Modric in their prime and Jan and Toby sane in that team and it would be outstanding.

Getting eleven great players at once is tough enough never mind a full squad...just look at Liverpool struggling this season.

Edited by mrbojangles
spelling correction at ops request

18 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You could say the same for most sides who can't spend £80m on a plater and £300k a week wages.

Stick Dembele and Modric in their prime and Jan and Toby sane in that team and it would be outstanding.

Getting eleven great players at once is tough enough never mind a full squad...just look at Liverpool struggling this season.

Not sure if you watched Keane in the video, but his point was that several years ago Spurs had a very good team with decent players (he mentions Trippier, Dele and others) but now there's only Kane, Son and Bale, plus none of the defenders/goalie are good enough.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not sure if you watched Keane in the video, but his point was that several years ago Spurs had a very good team with decent players (he mentions Trippier, Dele and others) but now there's only Kane, Son and Bale, plus none of the defenders/goalie are good enough.

That is pretty much true...jury out on Lo Celso so far due to injury and Ndombele hasn't cut it against the top sides.

Our defence needs a total rethink...apart from Reguilon who is an outstanding player.

Aurier aaaaaaaaarghier!

14 hours ago, jellydog said:

How much longer is Kane going to tolerate the Spursiness? You know he's got to be thinking about making a move. He'll be 28 in July. Time to see his way to some trophies.

Would you take him over Haaland at City?

Kane would be a good fit for Liverpool. Can they afford him?