Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

half time and our Ari boy.. unlucky with a free kic and 2nd game in a row hoje gives a pen clumsily  away. On a better day Hugo would have saved the pen..But atm things just ain't quite goin his way..  sterlings 'got' Davies which could/will be a prob 2nd half... Tbh i'de be controversial and go bale down the lhs.. bearin in mind he started as a bac... Maybe he would give us somethin/extra diferent there . son ain't exactly settin the world to light atm... but I live for him to make me eat my words...

Kane hasn’t scored from a direct free kick in his last 37 attempts. 

Surprising stat that. 

Whats happened to Hojbjerg recently. People raving about him when he joined and how he was making the difference and the rock in front of your defence. Recently seems error proned and a bit of a liability. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, balo said:

Good for the confidence before the derby against West Ham.
But I will not be happy until we start winning again in the PL.   

You know times have changed when you'd likely prefer Moyes as your manager instead of the Special One.:coffee1:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Bale played well 2nd half...its a new defence we need!!

Yeah, trouble there as well. Why ain't Toby starting?! Can someone convince me that Dire and Sanchez are better than Toby?:blink:

31 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I like seeing Maureen with an angry head

There is something satisfying seeing humble people succeed whilst watching self righteous ones implode. 

Just watched his post match interview. To be fair he wasn't using the mid week Europa game as an excuse. Not that he could really as Dire was the only one who played both games apart from Moura who played 64 minutes the other night and was their best player (his words). 

So it does beg the question why he can’t get them going at the start and playing to their potential, and why he persists on playing that defence. 

Is is that really the best back 4 at his disposal? 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, jellydog said:

Yeah, trouble there as well. Why ain't Toby starting?! Can someone convince me that Dire and Sanchez are better than Toby?:blink:

Spurs need an entire new defence bar Regulion.....3 quality defenders needed in close season

2nd half yesterday Spurs were purring with Bale running the show and Jose opting for all out attack instead of breakaways

He wont be happy at another loss but the 2nd half augurs well for rest of season

15 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

There's an expensive Mourinho divorce for Levy on the horizon maybe funded by letting Harry Kane go and get the rewards, aka medals, he deserves.

No I dont think Levy will go remotely near the trigger this season. It would take a <deleted> start to 2021/22 for him to cock that pistol

You can see Man City winning game after game right up to the League Cup Final and then Spurs doing them over. Typical Jose style

Mourinho offer nothing to this team, he think he is in control of the best coaching team in the world.   His exact words. 
tottenhams-mourinho-my-coaching-team-is-best-in-world

Which player is he going to blame this time?  

BTW   Bale had a great game to my surprise, he looks fit again.  

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Chivas said:

Spurs need an entire new defence bar Regulion.....3 quality defenders needed in close season

As City found it, that isn't easy to get. Getting quality players available, who gel and most importantly, who Levy will stump up money for instead of last minute haggling. One player he may get but 3 is impossible

On 2/22/2021 at 4:28 AM, Chivas said:

2nd half yesterday Spurs were purring with Bale running the show and Jose opting for all out attack instead of breakaways

He wont be happy at another loss but the 2nd half augurs well for rest of season

Yes Bale needs to be playing every week now.

10 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

As City found it, that isn't easy to get. Getting quality players available, who gel and most importantly, who Levy will stump up money for instead of last minute haggling. One player he may get but 3 is impossible

Sanchez has turned into a joke...and that's £40m...remarkable.

11 hours ago, jellydog said:

Arsenal vs. Tottenham. 1934. I've been told Ronnie wasn't quite born yet.

No Jelly. He was born but just hadn't made the pilgrimage from Scotland to England yet. His journey from the land of men in skirts to the land of opportunity, better beer, better football, better food and better looking women was soon to follow.  ????

• Like 1