Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

19 hours ago, deej said:

FWIW????

One League Cup win(silverware),over 2 decades,or so

Serial CHOKERS ,imo????

To "choke ," in a sporting sense, is to fail to perform at a crucial point of a game owing to a failure of nerve. That hardly applies to that game with Spurs only 2  shots on target and so little possession. A missed penalty would apply to choking.  Spurs winning would have been against all logic, predictions and bookmakers odds and they aint stupid.

• Confused 2

19 hours ago, deej said:

FWIW????

One League Cup win(silverware),over 2 decades,or so

Serial CHOKERS ,imo????

In the real world we got beat by this year's league chamions.

Given your net spend you're massive underachievers never mind massive bell ends.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

In the real world we got beat by this year's league chamions.

Perhaps so, but your club Totts, have a habit of Choking Etc Etc ,under Old Bahamas Joe, Loser Levyowner/leadership, 2 League Cups in 20 odd yrs,certainly vindercate,s that.

And presently  with no mngr ,loaded  with a massive debt to be serviced , and not to mentioned  being Cash strapped and a empty shinning new stadium,plus the dog,s are out barking that your Gun players are looking for greener pastures, if no CL place, those player,s will be off at a drop of  Loser Levy,s hat, just to pay Mou,s severance pay out,Totts are in Sh##ters ditch,simple as that,not looking at it????

4 hours ago, Sparkles said:

To "choke ," in a sporting sense, is to fail to perform at a crucial point of a game owing to a failure of nerve. That hardly applies to that game with Spurs only 2  shots on target and so little possession. A missed penalty would apply to choking.  Spurs winning would have been against all logic, predictions and bookmakers odds and they aint stupid.

You really don,t get anything at all ,DoYou?

My posts clearly state choking is not winning any  silverware ETC ETC.

Please run along ,like a good  laddy????

3 hours ago, deej said:

Sorry but you are showing yourself up here... or at least on your understanding of 'choke'. 

As Sparkles suggested, if Spurs consistently reached finals and lost, or if they weren't heavy underdogs, it could be considered choking. The fact is Spurs aren't at a level where this can be called a choke. 

17 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Sorry but you are showing yourself up here... or at least on your understanding of 'choke'. 

As Sparkles suggested, if Spurs consistently reached finals and lost, or if they weren't heavy underdogs, it could be considered choking. The fact is Spurs aren't at a level where this can be called a choke. 

It might be true if we were winning every game 5-0 and consistently losing in finals...but its hardly the case...the sides we come up against recently have been heavy favourites for a reason.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 4:20 PM, deej said:

Well I clearly understand the word "choke", used in a sporting sense more than you do.

Spurs were overwhelming underdogs not helped by playing a vastly superior team with Kane on one leg and a RB, Aurier who is not Premier L:eague standard, in fact is a liability and gave away a stupid, needless free kick that led to their loss.

That is I repeat is  not choking, its losing to a superior team when you are odds on favourite to lose.

Suggest you run along and get an education

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 3:23 PM, sanuk711 said:

Pic thumbnail.

On 4/27/2021 at 3:29 PM, mrbojangles said:

Screenshot_20210427-152631_Messenger.thumb.jpg.ab3e0024c898e5e7edd4f2eeb768f2f4.jpg

8 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Pic thumbnail.

37 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Well I clearly understand the word "choke", used in a sporting sense more than you do.

Spurs were overwhelming underdogs not helped by playing a vastly superior team with Kane on one leg and a RB, Aurier who is not Premier L:eague standard, in fact is a liability and gave away a stupid, needless free kick that led to their loss.

That is I repeat is  not choking, its losing to a superior team when you are odds on favourite to lose.

Suggest you run along and get an education

21 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I am not alone with my  thought,s of a Choke on Silverware,very fitting pic,s

I might add ,to support my claims that Totts are serial  Silverware Chokers under the owner/adminstrator of Old Bahamas Joe and Loser Levy .

23 hours ago, RickG16 said:

The fact is Spurs aren't at a level where this can be called a choke. 

No it can't be called a Choke IMO...I thought they done quite well to just concede 1 goal......

And there still ahead of my team....(at the moment)

image.png.c244ec1e20e69f7b158e5bb1c301f071.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, deej said:

I am not alone with my  thought,s of a Choke on Silverware,very fitting pic,s

I might add ,to support my claims that Totts are serial  Silverware Chokers under the owner/adminstrator of Old Bahamas Joe and Loser Levy .

Ignorance is bliss ey. 

11 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Ignorance is bliss ey. 

I,am being the above

????????????

My recent post,s are proven fact ,that Tott,s are serial Silverware Choker,s spanning over 2 decades plus.

I,am happily moving on,and look forward to see how Tott,s FC ,will escape from Sh#tter,s Ditch, that they are presently in.

Edited by deej

On 4/29/2021 at 1:00 AM, deej said:

I,am being the above

????????????

My recent post,s are proven fact ,that Tott,s are serial Silverware Choker,s spanning over 2 decades plus.

I,am happily moving on,and look forward to see how Tott,s FC ,will escape from Sh#tter,s Ditch, that they are presently in.

The only way is to win the last 5 games....I am not holding my breath.

Collective hearts sank when Sissoko was brought on in the final....hardly a match winner.

• 2 weeks later...

Nuno on his way to Spurs? If so a really good choice I think. The opposite of Mourinho save they are both Portuguese. A super good guy and a player's manager. Did wonders with Wolves despite having a thin squad.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Nuno on his way to Spurs? If so a really good choice I think. The opposite of Mourinho save they are both Portuguese. A super good guy and a player's manager. Did wonders with Wolves despite having a thin squad.

Jimenez will be a decent replacement for Kane too.

• Like 1