Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

This has become a joke in poor taste.  The missing list gets longer...

Kane, Dele, Son, Sissoko, Lucas Moura, Wanyama.

Most worryingly the players on the list represent three of our four best scoring options and with the hopeless Llorente leading the line we are in deep sh1t!!

I also think its a fair call to suggest the back three selection was forced on Poch whether he wanted it or not due to the unavailability of players in midfield.

Anyway, back to the game.  Poor in the first half, much better in the second half, didn't give up and ended up making ourselves a bit of luck.

On a side note, looking at the constant threat of the impressive Mitrovic made Llorente look an even bigger joke.  I'm hoping Poch will give Sterling a chance.

Chelsea will never have a better chance of turning us over on thursday.  

11 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We need a physio room miracle for Thursday....at least Dier should be able to start.

Did you see Ranieri's face at the end? ????

We know thursday's side already with the possible rotation of Rose.  How can he persist though with Llorente when he was that awful even against the worst defense in the league?

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

We know thursday's side already with the possible rotation of Rose.  How can he persist though with Llorente when he was that awful even against the worst defense in the league?

We need to spend some money now or get a loan in.

Loved the Andy Carroll nonsense this morning...my first laugh of the day!!

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

Llorente has as much mobility as a mafia victim in cement shoes. Bring in Crouchie.

25 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Llorente has as much mobility as a mafia victim in cement shoes. Bring in Crouchie.

Kasaiah Sterling was on the bench.  Poch has to give him a chance.  If he's deemed good enough for the bench surely he's good enough to play.  Llorente is an absolute waste of space.

I'm expecting Sterling to feature in cup games next season so why not start him now?  Chelsea won't know anything about him so that helps.  

I'm expecting the same "ish" side on thursday but i want to see Sterling brought in and if Sissoko is still out, a pivot of Dier and Winks.  The way Chelsea are being deployed at the moment if we can nick an early goal we could hold out and go through.  If he played Kante and Hazard in position and gives Giroud a game we are in trouble.  Thats my take anyway.

Edited by carmine

one point i forgot to mention was the real ding dong battle going on between Sanchez and Mitrovic.

And considering Sanchez is only 22yo what a center back he already is but he's going to be a magnificent player in his prime.  He's still learning a lot from Toby i believe but the concerns over Toby's forthcoming departure are fading.  Its the left side we still need to address.

Harry Winks was impressive last night, lets hope he can keep it up, the rest of the players need to work hard over the next weeks. 

Edited by balo

20 minutes ago, carmine said:

for any of you that are not aware Georges-Kevin N'Koudou, having made that assists for Winks' winner, is not officially our january signing.  ☺️

Apparently he's going to be our next sale along with Wimmer in order to finance our bid for Andy Carroll.

Yes I was overlooking a chav reading his newspaper this morning.

Thats Kane and Dele Alli now out till the end of march.

No news positive on Wanyama and Sissoko could be a month away.  Its also highly unlikely South Korea will make an early exit.

Thats our season screwed chaps and don't think for one moment buying a couple of players in the summer could have gotten past this nightmare.  Some things just aren't meant to be.

Edited by carmine

6 hours ago, carmine said:

Thats Kane and Dele Alli now out till the end of march.

No news positive on Wanyama and Sissoko could be a month away.  Its also highly unlikely South Korea will make an early exit.

Thats our season screwed chaps and don't think for one moment buying a couple of players in the summer could have gotten past this nightmare.  Some things just aren't meant to be.

Let's see what happens tomorrow but it could be very messy indeed.

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Let's see what happens tomorrow but it could be very messy indeed.

Three of our best four goalscoring options out, midfield without Sissoko, Wanyama and Dembele gone.

Then Aurier goes mad and chins his missus!!  

We need a frigging miracle!

• Haha 1

I think we can just forget tomorrow and move on, the bookmakers has Chelsea as clear favorites.  Our only hope is to keep a clean sheet. A tight defense and lots of Chelsea shots off target. A miracle yes it could happen. 

Edited by balo

12 minutes ago, balo said:

I think we can just forget tomorrow and move on, the bookmakers has Chelsea as clear favorites.  Our only hope is to keep a clean sheet. A tight defense and lots of Chelsea shots off target. A miracle yes it could happen. 

You’re playing it down understandably with all the injuries etc but by the same token you will never get a better opportunity to beat Chelsea either. They are not exactly flying and all does not seem well internally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Three of our best four goalscoring options out, midfield without Sissoko, Wanyama and Dembele gone.

Then Aurier goes mad and chins his missus!!  

We need a frigging miracle!

I’m all for talking about injuries as it’s a key part of the game and you guys mention your absences several times a day but I remember us getting slaughtered off you lot for even mentioning KdB injury at the start of the season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I’m all for talking about injuries as it’s a key part of the game and you guys mention your absences several times a day but I remember us getting slaughtered off you lot for even mentioning KdB injury at the start of the season.

The difference being the depth in quality of your squad and the effect losing one player makes compared to smaller and less quality squads. 

Not buying more quality back up players was and still is a calculated gamble Spurs bosses took and til now has proved shrewd as Poch has worked miracles. 

The next couple of month  could make that decision not look so great and change the whole complexion of their season.

Fine margins. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The difference being the depth in quality of your squad and the effect losing one player makes compared to smaller and less quality squads. 

Not buying more quality back up players was and still is a calculated gamble Spurs bosses took and til now has proved shrewd as Poch has worked miracles. 

The next couple of month  could make that decision not look so great and change the whole complexion of their season.

Fine margins. 

I get all that but I was referring to stones and glass houses 

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yes we did because your midfield is so strong even if fit you could leave him on the bench and still beat any team in europe.  You're points going nowhere with this.

We are talking about going into a Chelsea derby missing three of our four top scores and a decimated midfield.  Its hardly like leaving KDB out when you have probably the strongest depth of midfielders of any side in europe!!????  Its a ridiculous point actually!!!

15 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Fine margins. 

We don't have endless cheque book facility.  Anyway, even if we had bought in a couple last summer it wouldn't have gotten us out of this fix.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Yes we did because your midfield is so strong even if fit you could leave him on the bench and still beat any team in europe.  You're points going nowhere with this.

We are talking about going into a Chelsea derby missing three of our four top scores and a decimated midfield.  Its hardly like leaving KDB out when you have probably the strongest depth of midfielders of any side in europe!!????  Its a ridiculous point actually!!!

Aah right. Double standards. I get it. Spurs can moan about injuries infinitum but City can't mention it. 

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Fine margins. 

The problem we have at the moment is not the quality of back up players but the amount of injuries and Son missing.

In fact being 3rd in the league and still in 3 cups with the amount of injuries we've had proves the squad is good enough, of course you can always improve the squad but we haven't got the money to buy expensive squad players, just like a majority of the Premier League hasn't.

Edited by alfieconn