Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

A win today would be nice but in my mind I picture a draw, and no Kane on the pitch, 

Hope I'm wrong, would be nice to be only 2 points behind Liverpool, when they lose on Sunday. 

Edited by balo

7 hours ago, balo said:

A win today would be nice but in my mind I picture a draw, and no Kane on the pitch, 

Hope I'm wrong, would be nice to be only 2 points behind Liverpool, when they lose on Sunday. 

Oh dear, come what may you will still be 5 points behind us, possibly 8. 

Poch losing his shi-t after the match 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

Disapointing result.. and not many plus's rose looked sharper but still failed to deliver consistent decent x's.. kane looked rusty. And 2 me should have gone off post goal.. serge our lb.. <deleted>.. he goes from amazin to shocking.. 2day  verged the shockin

Verity got his legs mixed up for their 2nd and really is should have cleared..   sissoko still  impresses keeps improving and to step up needs to start effecting games ie k more assists and more/ some goals. imo was our best player 2 day we/our bacs  failed to get in behind And they were open 2 it..  BOTH wide players need upgrading imo..  b4 the game and post kane injury i was thinkin of realistic OBTAINABLE bac ups for him and i kept on comin bac to woods..  

At the end, it was all too much for Mauricio Pochettino.

The Tottenham manager, furious at seeing his team beaten at Turf Moor, confronted Mike Dean in the centre of the pitch.

The conversation was heated, with a number of the club’s coaching staff becoming involved too. Yet while he took out his anger on the referee, Pochettino’s real frustration was caused by the sight of a Premier League title challenge slipping away SLIPPED AWAY

TELEMMGLPICT000189391675_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwXVFUrIiU-vdgUEEczacqzE.jpeg

Pochettino has been a breath of fresh air since arriving in EPL. Have always liked the guy-but not anymore.

So his team does not turn up, cant defend a basic set piece and he has a pop at the Ref, along with his staff. Totally disgusting behavior, I hope they throw the book at the lot of them.

• Like 2

Irrespective of the result tonight I have a gut feeling OGS has been assured of the job next season but the announcement is on hold as not wanting any distraction and to keep the momentum going.For the decision to be on whether they make top 4 or not seems unfair considering how points they were behind when he took over.

The only blip has been PSG and they were travelling ok before half time and the injuries to Martial and Lingard had a marked effect.

The tactics used against Chelsea were a bench mark for what we could expect in the future,absolutely spot on at venue where Uniteds record has been abysmal

The presence of Phelan shouldn't be ignored either he's been there and done it and with the media demands on Managers these days its essential to have a capable no 2. Carrick obviously has had input and perhaps someone like Rio Ferdinand, who has plenty of time on his hands, could come in and work with the defence. Speaking of which 3 defenders Valencia ,Rojo & Darmien have had so little game time its a bonus the likes of Lindelof, Bailly, Smalling, Shaw & Young have been able to lift their personal performances.

So after tonight lets see what the media come up with,must be like Christmas for them 

1 hour ago, hackjam said:

Pochettino has been a breath of fresh air since arriving in EPL. Have always liked the guy-but not anymore.

So his team does not turn up, cant defend a basic set piece and he has a pop at the Ref, along with his staff. Totally disgusting behavior, I hope they throw the book at the lot of them.

I must admit I was shocked at his reaction although he has shown some humility since. Struggling to believe he actually thought that this game was the be all and end all of any title chance. Spurs haven’t seriously been in the chase for a while and while they have done brilliantly they have pulled the rabbit of the hat a few times late in games this season. Ironically it’s happened the other way this time. 

I would imagine he would be better off using all that anger at his players. They won’t be the first team to go there and get outfought. If teams aren’t totally up for it Burnley is a difficult place to get a result. 

Be interesting to see what happens in the upcoming derbies and the return leg against Dortmund which should of been a given. 

Edited by Kadilo

6 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Irrespective of the result tonight I have a gut feeling OGS has been assured of the job next season but the announcement is on hold as not wanting any distraction and to keep the momentum going.For the decision to be on whether they make top 4 or not seems unfair considering how points they were behind when he took over.

The only blip has been PSG and they were travelling ok before half time and the injuries to Martial and Lingard had a marked effect.

The tactics used against Chelsea were a bench mark for what we could expect in the future,absolutely spot on at venue where Uniteds record has been abysmal

The presence of Phelan shouldn't be ignored either he's been there and done it and with the media demands on Managers these days its essential to have a capable no 2. Carrick obviously has had input and perhaps someone like Rio Ferdinand, who has plenty of time on his hands, could come in and work with the defence. Speaking of which 3 defenders Valencia ,Rojo & Darmien have had so little game time its a bonus the likes of Lindelof, Bailly, Smalling, Shaw & Young have been able to lift their personal performances.

So after tonight lets see what the media come up with,must be like Christmas for them 

I’m assuming that was for the United thread ????

2 hours ago, hackjam said:

He blows up one time after years of good behavior and your love affair with him, his staff, his wife and his kids is kaput. Looking for an excuse, were ya ?

Oh come on, yes he was frustrated last night , but how often do you see that from him ?

He is normally a very calm guy, there was no reason for him to complain but after some tough weeks I can understand he let out some emotions. He is still one of the greatest managers Spurs ever seen.

And the season is not over.

As for poch.. on one hand i'm seeing and feelin his frustration..its like he's 'intune' with us fans ... yet on the other hand your manager  totally losing his  head in pressure situ's is 100 % NOT WHATS needed.. and Im wondering if or more 2the point  just how much that will effect things to come .. we will see.

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

Carmine picked a good time to get outta Dodge.

If Spurs can't get it back together (or maybe even if they can) I'd expect the rumors of Pochy being off to Real Madrid will surface. Still, I think, his ultimate destination.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

Carmine picked a good time to get outta Dodge.

If Spurs can't get it back together (or maybe even if they can) I'd expect the rumors of Pochy being off to Real Madrid will surface. Still, I think, his ultimate destination.

He's on holiday you know, with Alfie. Expected back after Spurs next win :cheesy:

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Harry Kane can count himself lucky not to have been sent off on Wednesday.

I have experienced just how competitive these matches are and Kane lost his cool with Cesar Azpilicueta in the first half, deliberately moving his head towards the Chelsea defender.

There looked to be contact but it does not matter how severe the contact was with Azpilicueta. Even if it was an attempted headbutt, that still carries the same punishment – a red card.

The incident seemed to be missed by the match officials and the FA could now take retrospective action against Kane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1