Transferring stamps to new passport.

Mhmm, are you sure about the letter? I didn't have that last time when I did a marriage extension, they transferred the stamps to my new passport at the same time as doing the extension? Just to let you know, I have two valid passports due to my work and want to transfer as the old passport is almost full and I will apply for a new one later.

2 minutes ago, Tbone999 said:

Mhmm, are you sure about the letter?

It can depend upon the office you do it at. Many want it while others may not want it.

Not sure the will transfer the stamps from a valid passport to another one. Normally the will only do it if the one with your extension in it has been cancelled.

I did this last week, I had to get a stamp put on my old passport for Jomtien/Chon Buri Immigration from the Australian Embassy. Had to make an appointment on line to get into the embassy. This is what the stamp looks like.

Scan0002.jpg

Edited by OZEMADE
Spelling
  • Like 1

I have done it twice already, I never used a form or needed a letter (CMai).

When I get a new passport, I simply travel with that and the old one as well, the one with extension and re-entry.

When the time of extension renewal comes, the IO transfers what is needed on the new passport and adds the new extension and re-entry.

My embassy knows to cut out all pages of the old passport when they issue me a new one, except those with extension and re-entry.

I did it yesterday at Phuket, no letter required and even though I have two passports (both valid), with different issue dates rather than appearing to be a new issue to replace the old one, they didn't question it. One thing they didn't do was replicate the entry stamp in the passport (probably can't), so I'll have to take that one with me when I exit the country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Tbone999 said:

I did it yesterday at Phuket, no letter required and even though I have two passports (both valid), with different issue dates rather than appearing to be a new issue to replace the old one, they didn't question it. One thing they didn't do was replicate the entry stamp in the passport (probably can't), so I'll have to take that one with me when I exit the country.

That's good info that Phuket imm. doesn't require the embassy letter.  Although you didn't have an old expired/cancelled passport, but two valid one...!  I try next month and see,  do they ask for money for this transfer...? 

11 minutes ago, Agusts said:

That's good info that Phuket imm. doesn't require the embassy letter.  Although you didn't have an old expired/cancelled passport, but two valid one...!  I try next month and see,  do they ask for money for this transfer...? 

The transfer of stamps at Chaengwattana in Bangkok is free, no charge.