Anyone else never feel safe in the UK?

16 hours ago, jayboy said:

It's laughable how some get things mixed up. This fellow doesn't seem to understand that the ruling class in the UK ( Big business, the City and financial services, most of the media, BBC, the universities, well-off London, the Home Counties, most MPs etc) are solid Remainers.

This 'fellow' is not claiming that the ruling class is voting for Brexit in order to secure absolute power which is the conclusion that Jayboy has jumped to.  This 'fellow' is simply stating what he believes would be another unforeseen negative consequence, for most British people, of Brexit and how it might affect crime levels in the UK which is what this thread is about. Do try to keep up, there's a good chap! 

9 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

This 'fellow' is not claiming that the ruling class is voting for Brexit in order to secure absolute power which is the conclusion that Jayboy has jumped to.  This 'fellow' is simply stating what he believes would be another unforeseen negative consequence, for most British people, of Brexit and how it might affect crime levels in the UK which is what this thread is about. Do try to keep up, there's a good chap! 

You claimed that Brexit would return absolute power to the ruling class. I made the point that the ruling class was almost entirely anti-Brexit.

I appreciate that undeniable truth isn't that convenient for those like to rant about nest feathering public school boys.

• 3 weeks later...

UK population - 66 million people - 723 murders = 1.09 murders per 100,000 people.

Thailand population - 68 million people - 3,000+ - 4,500 murders = 4.45 - 6.61 murders per 100,000 people.

In 2016, there were more than 3,000 homicides by a firearm in Thailand - a rate of 4.45 deaths per 100,000 people, according to research by the University of Washington.

On 12/17/2018 at 2:05 PM, BritManToo said:

Tesco

chicken breasts, UK 3.80/kg, Thailand 117bht/kg, Thailand 20% cheaper.

pork loin steaks, UK 7.41/kg, Thailand 195bht/kg, Thailand 20% cheaper.

Pepsi, UK 1.25/2l, Thailand 38bht/2l, Thailand 27% cheaper

(I used 40bht = 1gbp in the comparison)

What food (locally available, not imports) is cheaper in the UK & Thailand?

I don't think meat quality is the equivalent, and you forgot about beef

• Thanks 1
On 12/25/2018 at 4:55 PM, rickudon said:

My local pubs (London/surrey border suburb) all under 5 GBP a pint. If Weatherspoons, sometimes under 4 GBP. There may be some shitty lager that is more expensive, but drink real beer.... 

Slightly off-topic, as Cambodia, not Thailand but ........... draft beer 15bht (50c, 35p) in all the bars.

P_20190120_123415 (1).jpg

On topic,

I feel safe everywhere, mainly because I look more dangerous than everyone else.

Never had any feelings of being unsafe anywhere in the world, and I've been most places.

Edited by BritManToo
3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Did you read the words 'locally available, not imports'?

Fair enough, You got me on the beef , Im just a steak lover and i eat it no matter what price it is but when i eat it abroad it reminds me how much i get raped in Thai 

Same with fine imported beers from Belgium and Germany, grossly overpriced but still drink them because life is short man ????

On 1/20/2019 at 10:34 PM, ta158 said:

In 2016, there were more than 3,000 homicides by a firearm in Thailand - a rate of 4.45 deaths per 100,000 people, according to research by the University of Washington.

That includes casualties from the war going on just south of here, so not really a fair comparison.

As for the OP and UK safety, he doesn't say where in the UK he was so terrified. Personally I spend one to two months back in the UK each year. Stourbridge isn't a hot bed of crime & violence, but I do venture into Brum for a shufty at the goings on on Broad Street, and/or a curry on Ladypool Rd, can't say I've ever felt threatened, but I don't go looking for trouble and touch wood none has found me.

Edited by Stocky
On 12/17/2018 at 12:38 AM, Kieran00001 said:

Sorry, but that is you, I don't feel afraid walking past anyone in the UK.

Depends what kind of person you are also the place and the time or you must think you are very capable of handling the situation.

UK Statisticians in 2017 said the data shows continuing rises in the number of "higher-harm" violent offences, which were most evident in knife and gun crime categories.

Mugging comes under violent offences.