Visa question

I have a UK passport and i have had used the 6 times limit on visa exceptions but generally stay between 10-20 days on each occasion. 

I decided on my current entry that i will use a 60 day visa as i plan to stay here for 31 days.  As i arrived i thought i skip the queue as i got sent to the Priority lane section.  I got questioned why so many times and i showed my returned ticket.  I was allowed in

My question is that when I go back to UK, i plan to go back after 2.5 weeks.  Can i use visa exception? Will i be allowed in?

Edited by pantsonfire

You perhaps should of obtained METV. Anyway just get another setv.

I'm not aware of the 6 VE limit rule. Think its more about time spent outside of Thailand between each entry. If its couple of days each time the io may suspect your working. Anyway that's not your pattern of entries. At very least next time have 20k on you flight out printout and maybe even hotel booking if io is having bad day

14 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

I have a UK passport and i have had used the 6 times limit on visa exceptions but generally stay between 10-20 days on each occasion. 

There is no written limit for visa exempt entries. There is an alert when you have 6 of them to inform the officer they should check your history of entries. What they are primarily looking for is to see if you are attempting to live here on visa exempt entries.

When entering again on visa exempt entry be sure you have at least the equivalent of 10k baht in cash and a ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival to show.

49 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

if i said i am visiting my gf?  would that be a valid reason?

Most officials will see that as a valid reason for spending a lot of time here. You will read some contrary views that suggest there are officials who are emotionally distressed by foreign men who strike up relationships with Thai women. My own belief is that stressing you have a serious Thai girlfriend is a good idea.

7 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

There is no set limit. It’s entirely up to the IO whether or not they let you in.

It’s the cumulative amount of time spent in the country rather than the number of entries made they’re interested in.

My question is that when I go back to UK, i plan to go back after 2.5 weeks.  Can i use visa exception? Will i be allowed in?

It’s an impossible question to answer. There is a higher chance of being denied entry under visa exemption than with a visa. But as long as they don’t think your trying to live/work in the country you should be allowed in.

if i said i am visiting my gf?  would that be a valid reason?

It’s a good answer to justify frequent visits. But I doubt it would stop an IO denying entry if they’ve decided you’ve spent too much time in the country as a tourist.