The Address Siam-pathumwan (i Love Siam)

I am looking at 2 buildings under construction by AP, called Manhattan Tower A and Central Park Tower B. They are close to Rajchathavee BTS station. They seem kind of expensive (around 80,000 baht per square meter. Can anyone give me any information or advice about these condo projects?

The two towers (Manhattan Tower A / Central Park Tower :o project name is Baan Klang Krung Siam Patumwan. The Address @ Siam project is a single tower project about 100 meters away from this project in the direction further away from BTS Ratchedewi station.

The attractiveness of this BKKSP project is: proximity to BTS station, Siam Square, MBK shopping area, Siam Paragon/Discovery/Center, not as congested as Sukhumvit Road locale, and located in area where several major universities, like Chulalongkorn Univ, are. And many families need housing for their children attending the schools in this area. And many new projects are going up in this area as well, which should bring general upgrade of shopping, restaurants, cleanliness, etc to the vicinity.

I'm going to try to upload a map showing the existing and new projects, but with new projects, you need to make a guess how the new projects will affect the outlook and view of whatever unit you may be interested in.

If this upload is unsuccessful, you can view the image by going to this link

<http://www.tangoll.com.hk/BKKSP.jpg>

I think the project is very well designed, good floor planning and layouts, good facilities, and with excellent location, a price of baht 80,000 per sq meter seems reasonable when compared to prices of projects in the Sukhumvit/Sathorn Road areas. But then everyone has their own ideas as to what is "reasonable" in light of their own requirements, objectives, sense of value, and priorities.

tangoll

I think this area stretching as far north as Chatuchak Park has the most promise of the entire city (well maybe until the day when they get round to developing the river a bit more..).

Personally I'd go for closer to Aree than Petchaburi Road (I don't really like that particular part).

As for the 80,000 per metre, I'd say start to compare prices a bit more. I agree with your instinct that it is too high. They'd get it a year ago..but now I sense a softening. I'd say 65,000 there now - further up Paholothin they are going for 50-65.

Good luck - I'm going to wait til things settle down and the visa issues are clearer. Think it will be more of a buyer's market in another 6-12 months. When we do buy it will be something already completed..not a partial constructed place.