Exchange rates

Total nonsense - you send your home currency and if after exchange here it is short just send some more.  But expect most people will have no problem sending a bit more to allow for any sudden exchange fluctuation.  The bank openly display their current TT rates so it is not a big mystery.  But at this point any speculation is putting the cart before the horse.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, cleverman said:

Yes, that's what I mean. Also, with the bank fees, currency exchange fees , I recon about a 10 percent drop in people's funds!

So that's why you send it from your bank in your currency and exchange it to Baht in Thailand.

Use First Direct from UK, and NO FEES whatsoever.

Edited by wgdanson

5 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

So that's why you send it from your bank in your currency and exchange it to Baht in Thailand.

Use First Direct from UK, and NO FEES whatsoever.

You serious. Can you demonstrate transaction deal. I bring money from au in cash. Then exchange. I have used OFX (same as transfer wise). You have a secret? Please share.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You serious. Can you demonstrate transaction deal. I bring money from au in cash. Then exchange. I have used OFX (same as transfer wise). You have a secret? Please share.

Go to First Direct website where it says, and I have done it several times, transfers to other banks be it in UK or here, are fee free. And money arrived in Bkk Bank within 24 hours. The secret is that you must have a First Direct account. I swapped from Nationwide to F Direct, and got a pair of Bose Wireless headphones as a thank you gift.

Edited by wgdanson

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Go to First Direct website where it says, and I have done it several times, transfers to other banks be it in UK or here, are fee free. And money arrived in Bkk Bank within 24 hours. The secret is that you must have a First Direct account. I swapped from Nationwide to F Direct, and got a pair of Bose Wireless headphones as a thank you gift.

First Direct  website, UK only from what I read. 

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your many topics are fairy floss.

What does that mean? Please give an example. I've had some critism that what I have posted is untrue, I always ask to give an example, none have been able to. <removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
baiting comment removed

4 minutes ago, cleverman said:

What does that mean? Please give an example. I've had some critism that what I have posted is untrue, I always ask to give an example, none have been able to. Put up or shut up. 

people will have to have their home country bank transfer the 65000 in baht

8 hours ago, cleverman said:

Because of the flexulations in the exchange rates, people will have to have their home country bank transfer the 65000 in baht.

I see not reason for people to have to do that.

Just check the current exchange rates for foreign transfers on the bank website that you will be transferring to and subtract a baht or two to allow for a decrease of the rate. And do that transfer based upon that rate.

My income for my extensions based upon marriage is significantly greater than the required 40k baht. If the exchange rate got low enough to cause me a problem there would be lot of people having problems before I did.

• Like 1

that's why, bring ca$h, if possible of course.....

..avoids all the bank cheating transfer fees and bad exchange rate ..all just a bunch of thieves these banks and money transfer instutions should they be "wise" or not !!!.....

However, cash obviously not always possible, but if you can, ca$h rules and exchange at SuperRich.... case closed.

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I see not reason for people to have to do that.

Just check the current exchange rates for foreign transfers on the bank website that you will be transferring to and subtract a baht or two to allow for a decrease of the rate. And do that transfer based upon that rate.

My income for my extensions based upon marriage is significantly greater than the required 40k baht. If the exchange rate got low enough to cause me a problem there would be lot of people having problems before I did.

Why is it that your the only one on here who respects my comments and can make common sense replies?

41 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

..avoids all the bank cheating transfer fees and bad exchange rate ..all just a bunch of thieves these banks and money transfer instutions should they be "wise" or not !!!.....

However, cash obviously not always possible, but if you can, ca$h rules and exchange at SuperRich.... case closed.

Yep, bring in cash from your home country, put 65k in to a Thai bank every month then in a years time, book your ticket home. 

I was asking Drjack why my comments were fairy floss, got no response. 

3 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Your spot on. I Do note that you mentioned "if possible". I have been posting in few threads re income letter vs 800k in bank. (esp with some major embassies not issue in future).  I generally bring in 50k aud each year because I go au each year. Then i Exchange at super rich. Not sure if some people have really examined accurate comparisons. 

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your spot on. I Do note that you mentioned "if possible". I have been posting in few threads re income letter vs 800k in bank. (esp with some major embassies not issue in future).  I generally bring in 50k aud each year because I go au each year. Then i Exchange at super rich. Not sure if some people have really examined accurate comparisons. 

Doesn't the money for the 65k have to come from your home country,each month?

4 minutes ago, cleverman said:

Doesn't the money for the 65k have to come from your home country,each month?

There is no such requirement for 65k each month presently - the current requirement is Embassy letter of income.  Until Immigration makes an announcement nobody knows what may be required, or even if anything other than letter will be accepted.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Well a good opportunity to get your anti-financial institution rant in, but not the best solution for those having a need to prove 65,000 baht being transferred to them from outside the kingdom each month. 

12 hours ago, Olmate said:

Going back to the 65K monthly, is likely this won’t satisfy TI isn,t it not acceptable? Or are you meaning getting to 800K in 12 months x 65K?If it’s not ok then why bother anyway?

I asked this yesterday ?Is 65 K monthly acceptable to TI?

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well a good opportunity to get your anti-financial institution rant in, but not the best solution for those having a need to prove 65,000 baht being transferred to them from outside the kingdom each month. 

That is NOT a necessity YET.