UK PM May urges devolved nations to back her Brexit deal

webfact

33 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

But 1.3 million is still a majority.

Sure, just wanted to mention that it isn't easy to govern a country where nearly 1/2 of the citizens have a totaly different opinion than the other 1/2.

Also taking in consideration that it isn't like an unsual voting, where people can eventually change their mind after x years.

In my opinion a simple majority was not the way to decide about the well-being & future of a nation.

But it is now what it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baboon said:

And we are meant to find this reassuring, are we? Christ almighty...

Of course we're not supposed to find this reassuring!

We're supposed to believe her propaganda "I am confident that what we have agreed delivers for the whole of the UK," - and that:-

1) The uk will fall apart in the event of no deal - requiring the army to intervene and

2) the deal loved by her and the eu is not leave in name only ????!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

We're supposed to believe her propaganda "I am confident that what we have agreed delivers for the whole of the UK," - and that:-

1) The uk will fall apart in the event of no deal - requiring the army to intervene and

If you’ve already switched off your critical functions to be able to believe Johnson, Gove, Rees-Mogg and Farage you can believe any lie you are told.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If you’ve already switched off your critical functions to be able to believe Johnson, Gove, Rees-Mogg and Farage you can believe any lie you are told.

Heavy sigh....

I don't for one minute believe any politician, as I know they are only interested in themselves....

Please answer the points made in my post, rather than attacking the poster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IssanMichael said:

Its too late, Cameron said he would let the people decide in a simple referendum   "to stay or leave" the people voted leave thats it F*** remainers lost deal with it.

Why should we have to deal with it. Your lot clearly can't. How come their is no leaving arrangement after over two years, given the negotiations were to be the easiest deal in human history?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baboon said:

Why should we have to deal with it. Your lot clearly can't. How come their is no leaving arrangement after over two years, given the negotiations were to be the easiest deal in human history?

Because the politicians have no intention of leaving, but are finding their avenues towards remaining severely reduced....

They'd hoped that the never ending fear campaign would change views, but as far as I can make out it's only hardened views?

The negotiations for a trade agreement should have been easy, bearing in mind that the uk had the same standards as the eu - but the eu has still (two years later....) shown no interest in talking about trading agreements, and for some obscure reason, neither has the uk ????!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

They'd hoped that the never ending fear campaign would change views, but as far as I can make out it's only hardened views?

The tanking Pound, loss of confidence and job losses being part of this campaign?

3 hours ago, IssanMichael said:

Its too late, Cameron said he would let the people decide in a simple referendum   "to stay or leave" the people voted leave thats it F*** remainers lost deal with it.

It is not our fault that YOUdont  understand

Cameron committed HIS government and HIS party. NOT  parliament.

Also not our problem so many working class think they are CONs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, baboon said:

The tanking Pound, loss of confidence and job losses being part of this campaign?

I doubt many brits are paying much attention to the fall of sterling, and the only reason for a loss of confidence is politicians and money makers ever stating that brexit would result in devastation for the uk.....

Job losses?  Let's wait and see.

Incidentally, I'd prefer you quote my entire post (it's against forum rules not to do so....), which was:-

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Because the politicians have no intention of leaving, but are finding their avenues towards remaining severely reduced....

The negotiations for a trade agreement should have been easy, bearing in mind that the uk had the same standards as the eu - but the eu has still (two years later....) shown no interest in talking about trading agreements, and for some obscure reason, neither has the uk ????!

Please respond to the points raised, rather than answering your own (preferred...) questions....

26 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I seriously doubt that.

But who cares? Parliament is sovereign and does not need to bow to a moronic idea.

Yes, because you (like me) think that MPs are intelligent, knowledgeable and not at all interested in their own personal financial interests.....  Except you've admitted that you too think otherwise!

Which is why I'm at a loss at to why you still think MPs should be the deciding factor?

Surely not because they are looking to their own self-interest, and so support your POV?? ????

30 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It is not our fault that YOUdont  understand

Cameron committed HIS government and HIS party. NOT  parliament.

Also not our problem so many working class think they are CONs

Who is "our" when you say -  'Also not our problem so many working class think they are CONs'?

But I do agree with you insofar as I'm at a loss as to why so many poor and ordinary people support the conservative (as you say, "CONs) party ☹️.

Edited by dick dasterdly

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

May is certainly racking up the pressure with her latest ploy of "preparing" for a no-deal Brexit.  3,500 troops on standby and sending a letter to every business warning them to prepare for the fallout etc. etc.  She is enthusiastically practicing project fear now in the hope it will give MPs no choice but to vote for her deal.  By delaying the vote to late January she leaves little time for any other options.  It's a strategy that might work but could easily backfire.  Maybe she feels now she has nothing to lose.  She will be handing over anyway so if the UK is screwed why should she care. 

Edited by dunroaming
  • Like 1