Thai man arrested for refusing to return tourist’s lost smartphone

webfact

11 hours ago, balo said:

I'm surprised they managed to catch him , good job by the police this time. 

Try to drop your phone in London or Paris and report it to the police. Your chances of getting it back is 0.0001 % . 

Na, the .0001% is the quality of life living in either one of those cities.

Loosing your phone there is more like a casualty of war, not vacation.

12 hours ago, balo said:

Try to drop your phone in London or Paris and report it to the police. Your chances of getting it back is 0.0001 % . 

You obviously do not understand the technology, if turned on, they can be track by the imei number, also there are tracking apps available, that you can install, eg, for android phone, wheresmydroid.

Edited by Aussie999
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, balo said:

In London or Paris, police is not waiting for extra money.

• Like 2

I love the thought that went into this photo.

Do the reconstruction to show him picking up the phone. Oh hang on, we can't show a photo of someone with his hands tied. Cover the handcuffs and we are good to go. Publish and ( don't ) be damned !! Smiles and pointing all round.

On 12/19/2018 at 7:45 PM, madmen said:

What happened to finders keepers? Looks like moto taxi not good heart like taxi drivers who always return all lost items

In australia the offence is theft by finding.  If you don't take all reasonable steps to find the owner you will be charged with theft.

23 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

You obviously do not understand the technology, if turned on, they can be track by the imei number, also there are tracking apps available, that you can install, eg, for android phone, wheresmydroid.

I am aware of the technology but there is nothing in the news story that suggest that was what happened. Not all phones have tracking apps installed. 

2 hours ago, balo said:

I am aware of the technology but there is nothing in the news story that suggest that was what happened. Not all phones have tracking apps installed. 

Well actually one can simply use Android device manager which simply requires a Google Account on the phone and the location services turned on too. No specific App. 

Not sure about Russian phones but I believe many US ones location services are always running.

On 12/20/2018 at 7:00 AM, Aussie999 said:

Of course not.he  still clings to his Motorola brick phone

On 12/19/2018 at 11:02 AM, balo said:

drop it anywhere in Japan,

chances of getting it back is HIGH

once dropped a phone in CH - got it back, same same in NOR

once dropped a phone at Don Muang - bye bye, bought new one in SIN a few hours later

10 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

drop it anywhere in Japan,

chances of getting it back is HIGH

once dropped a phone in CH - got it back, same same in NOR

once dropped a phone at Don Muang - bye bye, bought new one in SIN a few hours later

Are you missing a few fingers?