Two and a Half Hours for 90 day signing

can confirm it ???? that is why I bring always my copies with me from home. Then it is like 45min drinking a coffee in the sun and waiting the queue. 

Did you see the mobile (truck) immigration service in front of the building? Samut Prakan is too small. They need to expand and they need a bigger building and more employees in my opinion. A lot of people moving from Bangkok to Samut Prakan in the last months/years.

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I have never been to Immigration offices to do 90 day report

for years,I have done it by post ,no problems,and last 4 times

i have done it online,once a year at the office is enough for me.

regards worgeordie

Can you tell me where you did it online? Does the online service works now? I tested it a year ago or so it didn't work well.

For many years I reported myself every 90 days, in an out in no time. . . but something changed at my local office, I don't know what, but they became jerks and the queues became longer and longer. I read that the number of younger employed expats in Thailand is plummeting. No wonder, when there is so much on offer in places like Singapore or Hong Kong. I don't report myself anymore, I have staff to do it for me, but even after 17 years, I find it absurd that I still have to report and say that nothing has changed. Is it any wonder younger talent gets tired of this and moves on {rhet}.

Edited by NilSS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just did my 90 day at Jomtien a little over an hour ago.

Was #3 for the desk, was done and out the door in 6 minutes (from the time they started calling numbers). Only need to bring passport (and previous 90 Day report slip). Barely had time to sit down in the chair when my number was called and then I was back up again and heading for the door.

And that is all it takes to be "legal" for another 90 days. Amazes me at how many people whine about it. I guess having to wake up, shower and put on some clean clothes once every 90 days is too much effort for some.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I guess having to wake up, shower and put on some clean clothes once every 90 days is too much effort for some.

Some people might have a one  or two hour drive just to get to the Immigration Office. The rules should be changed so one doesn't have to do these reports unless you,ve changed your address.

• Like 1

I also prefer to get smartly dressed and present in person for the 10 min 90 day reporting, mainly because over time I become familiar to the IO staff who usually motion me to jump the queue. 

Some of these are people I may "confront" when I do the 1yr extension.

For a little effort I think it helps in the long run (battle).

They have also advised me (in the past ) to get the embassy letter. ..so will see how it goes in January.

samut prakang is a shithole immigration office, never understood while you have to go that sitty place instead of making some room at the freaking AIRPORT... at least you would get there by skytrain but people that did not ever go to that samut shithole will not understand, there is not even a toilet and queues are getting longer and all this imposed shit and you have to pay for you own copies for bullshit they want...  jealous that like some people say, there is not even a passport scan or check to give you what you need asap...

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dickjones2018 said:

never understood while you have to go that sitty place instead of making some room at the freaking AIRPORT... at least you would get there by skytrain

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong place but isn't the skytrain station only a five minute walk from immigration?

I usually mail in my report because the time I did do it in person at CW it took 3 hours (in addition to the two hours to get there.) I renewed my retirement extension this week: got due ticket 157 at 11:00 AM, out the door with extension at 5:30 PM. Massive crowds and pure mayhem all day. 

20 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Just did my 90 day at Jomtien a little over an hour ago.

Was #3 for the desk, was done and out the door in 6 minutes (from the time they started calling numbers). Only need to bring passport (and previous 90 Day report slip). Barely had time to sit down in the chair when my number was called and then I was back up again and heading for the door.

And that is all it takes to be "legal" for another 90 days. Amazes me at how many people whine about it. I guess having to wake up, shower and put on some clean clothes once every 90 days is too much effort for some.

You need to try it at Chiang Mai and Samut Prakhan, I have had to wait for as long as 5 hours in Chiang Mai. Used to go at 4:00 AM just to get a decent place in their queue and then another two hours for the actual 3-4 minute job.

11 minutes ago, assayer said:

You need to try it at Chiang Mai and Samut Prakhan, I have had to wait for as long as 5 hours in Chiang Mai. Used to go at 4:00 AM just to get a decent place in their queue and then another two hours for the actual 3-4 minute job.

Or you could do it online or by post and not add to the queues at Chiangmai immigration.

Absolutely no need to go there for 90 day reports.

Your experience is unusual, you must have hit it on a bad day.  I have had nothing but good, friendly efficient service at Samut Prakan Immigration office.  My retirement extension in October took only a few minutes.  But then I read the instructions and bring the passport copy and other documentation required. 

The office is small and sometimes crowded, avoid Mondays and day after holidays. Contrary to another post, there is a toilet inside on first floor to the left of entrance near the stairs to the second floor, and another larger toilet facility outside to the right of the building.  There are a lot of foreign workers go through this office, but few farang expats. There is minimal English, but the male officer at the far right window (#6?) is fluent and helpful. 

And now with new BTS green-line extension opened a couple of weeks ago, the PakNam skytrain station is right at the corner of the driveway to the Immigration office. And if you have waiting time, there is the view and walkway along the mouth of the Chao Phraya river right there. 

Samut Prakan Immigration website by Richard Barrow is as clear and informative as you can get. 

http://www.samutprakanimmigration.go.th/

If you have time after your appointment, there is a big marketplace nearby and from there you can take a boat for a few baht across the river to visit Phra Samut Chedi with Buddha relics and powerful spiritual energy IMO, and an old fort with an elevated walkway through a mangrove and palm forest.  http://paknam.com/

The Erawan museum (Chang Erawan BTS) is unique and has one of the best and well maintained gardens I've seen in Bangkok area. 

The Muang Boran ancient city is near the end of the line, Kheha BTS station. 

If you have to be in the big city, Samut Prakan is on the coastal outskirts of Bangkok and is affordable and not a bad place to live in my opinion.  And now very accessible with Skytrain. And Immigration is not as bad as portrayed in this discussion.  

• Like 1