What Helmet For BKK?

OliverKlozerof

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:
At 200km/h it will probably get a little windy around your head. But that shouldn't happen too often if you ride only in Bangkok. emoji6.png

Would wearing sunglasses be a problem with motocross type helmets?

Try!

I had a off-road helmet and I was wearing glasses without problem.

And recently I thought about buying another helmet like that and with the helmets which I tested I couldn't use my glasses.

But it also depends on the glasses. My glasses have straight hinges like in this picture. They are easier to put on and off in helmets.

Glasses.png.5e4ae624f9cf6a7f94c36b6a4ed5ddc5.png

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

One of the downsides of buying online, you can't try. although there are companies that allow you to return, but its a PITA

There must be somewhere a shop where you can buy helmets somewhere in your area.

The size is another issue, L or XL or whatever is never exact. And because the helmet should fit your head you have to try...

There must be somewhere a shop where you can buy helmets somewhere in your area. The size is another issue, L or XL or whatever is never exact. And because the helmet should fit your head you have to try...

i plan to buy when i go back to the UK for a week. i know with Shark, Shoei and Nolan I'm a L, so I'll stick to them so they should fit, bit like shoe makes perhaps, i buy Adidas and Merrell online for that reason 

• Like 1

Found out there is a "Real Garage" shop in Mega Bangna, which is not far away, that sells Real helmets. So I guess this evening I'll go check some out.

Make sure you get one with fully removable lining, I'm not sure Reals are removable.

Unless you are Thai and don't sweat you will want to wash every 3-4 weeks

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:24 PM, OliverKlozerof said:

Found out there is a "Real Garage" shop in Mega Bangna, which is not far away, that sells Real helmets. So I guess this evening I'll go check some out.

They have a list of their dealers on their website:

https://www.real-helmets.com/dealer/index

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

They have a list of their dealers on their website:

https://www.real-helmets.com/dealer/index

I saw that. 22 pages worth. In Thai. Even if I open it in Chrome and translate to English, rather daunting.

Instead, I opened google maps and entered "helmets" in my area; found a few shops.
Tonight I popped into a small helmet shop on Suk Soi 101/1, where I was going anyway for dinner. Tried on a modular Real. Does have removable lining. B3000.

I'll probably want to go to a couple more shops before deciding. I may go to Real Garage in Mega Banga, since that's a short cab ride away. May also go down Suk Soi 26 where there are some hi-so motorbike shops to see what they have. I guess there's a well known shop over on Ramkamhaeng, but huge hassle to get there for me.