X-Ray Outlaw: Weekly crackdown nets hundreds more foreigners

webfact

It may not have a lot to do with this thread, but I think it might be relevant. Has anybody noticed that the Thais that are a product of their public education system don't seem to have any knowledge of the outside world, all they seem to know is what they have gathered from other Thai people and this information, many times, is not accurate at all. They don't want the outside world coming to Thailand period. I've found that the doctors, lawyers, engineers, have been educated in Europe or the US. I think this speaks volumes about keeping the Thai people generally ignorant. The US has the same policy now. The kids that are a product of the public education system in the US are about as smart as a plastic spoon.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Blue Water Sailor said:

It may not have a lot to do with this thread, but I think it might be relevant. Has anybody noticed that the Thais that are a product of their public education system don't seem to have any knowledge of the outside world, all they seem to know is what they have gathered from other Thai people and this information, many times, is not accurate at all. They don't want the outside world coming to Thailand period. I've found that the doctors, lawyers, engineers, have been educated in Europe or the US. I think this speaks volumes about keeping the Thai people generally ignorant. The US has the same policy now. The kids that are a product of the public education system in the US are about as smart as a plastic spoon.

Bang on the money there Blue Water Sailor.

After being here for a number of years, I find that even farang are being 'dumbed down'.

Half the news on the internet is 'fake'. The BBC is just so biased. The news from the US is just so bitty, and simply demonises everyone. The big boss 'imself is not putting out the quality tweets that he once did.

Are we losing our ability to critically analyse and think 'outside the box'? If it wasn't for TVForum and the local bar girl's gossip I wouldn't know a thing.

Of course, the Thais do see the world in a different light to us. And one has only to listen to the top people to realise why the things are as they are. 

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Bang on the money there Blue Water Sailor.

After being here for a number of years, I find that even farang are being 'dumbed down'.

Half the news on the internet is 'fake'. The BBC is just so biased. The news from the US is just so bitty, and simply demonises everyone. The big boss 'imself is not putting out the quality tweets that he once did.

Are we losing our ability to critically analyse and think 'outside the box'? If it wasn't for TVForum and the local bar girl's gossip I wouldn't know a thing.

Of course, the Thais do see the world in a different light to us. And one has only to listen to the top people to realise why the things are as they are. 

Yes, When you have a "Dumbed Down " citizenry, you can do what you will with them. Make them dependant upon the government and they are no more than slaves. In Thailands case, it seems to me anyway, the powers that be do not want any outside influences that might might enlighten the citizenry. Therefore, they want to discourage foreigners from doing that very thing. the best way to do that is try and make it difficult for them in as many ways as possible. This round up seems like a small insignificant thing and the fact is these folks were out of compliance, but I can only report what has been told to me by men that have been in Thailand for a long time. These guys are telling me that they are tired of the BS and are considering leaving. None of this has impacted me personally so I can't state that I have first hand experience.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, dcnx said:

Exactly.

This is what every imbecile cheering this operation on hasn’t considered yet. It might end or they might go after older white males who forget to add a Moo number to their forms. Xenophobia is alive and kicking in Thailand, and usually more so in the ranks of the apes running this place.

Just yesterday you have a general saying that foreigners commit all the crimes here against Thais, and he means it. We’re not fighting legit rules and common sense here, we’re fighting against people like this who hate (or fear) us so deeply that they are unable to see past their viewpoint, blaming foreigners for all of their problems. 

Today it’s the black man and Indians, six months from now it could be raids on the homes of every retiree and married foreigner, looking for anything that gives them a reason to show them to the door. It could also be an indirect attack, where they double the financial requirements and raise the age limit by 10 years. How many would that hit?

Stop moaning and get legal.

• Thanks 2

On 12/21/2018 at 11:10 AM, Pib said:

I'm so confused...Big Joke has said before there are no more overstayers left...he found and kicked them all out.  But now he said he just found 45 more.   Since I'm not good at Thai math I will blame my confusion on myself.

They’ve kinda found out but coming in is WIP

Edited by DJ54
Left out aword

On 12/21/2018 at 2:13 PM, dcnx said:

Exactly.

This is what every imbecile cheering this operation on hasn’t considered yet. It might end or they might go after older white males who forget to add a Moo number to their forms. Xenophobia is alive and kicking in Thailand, and usually more so in the ranks of the apes running this place.

Just yesterday you have a general saying that foreigners commit all the crimes here against Thais, and he means it. We’re not fighting legit rules and common sense here, we’re fighting against people like this who hate (or fear) us so deeply that they are unable to see past their viewpoint, blaming foreigners for all of their problems. 

Today it’s the black man and Indians, six months from now it could be raids on the homes of every retiree and married foreigner, looking for anything that gives them a reason to show them to the door. It could also be an indirect attack, where they double the financial requirements and raise the age limit by 10 years. How many would that hit?

Sad to say but its already been like that for years.......worse still it wont get any better

• Sad 1

On Fri Dec 21 2018 at 9:05 AM, peterb17 said:

Absolutely-  I’m terrified I will be thrown out at any moment, I always have a suitcase packed at the front door - it’s really frightening.

well this is the fun and the joy living  here..isnt it ?..will the police come around blaming me on the yaba in town...?will i discover that the brother of my wife is actually her husband hanging around till our house gets finished ?...are the vitamin supplement s she is insisting i take regularly realy vitamins or small doses of poisson that kill me right whe nour building is finished ?? Is my wife the hooker everybody tell me or just the innocent lovely waitress in a beer bar at pattaya as she tells me..? and who the hell is this bill with us accent that i encountered when i took the call  last time she left her phone  in the house when she was shopping...?  a lot of questions but no answers just smiles ( dirty or innocent who knows )...

• Haha 2

On 12/21/2018 at 11:12 AM, Odysseus123 said:

This is very good-just like the 1,017 other topics on Thai razzias..

I show them to my colleagues-none of whom evince the slightest desire to visit Big Joke's paradise..

..but two have been before and one,at least,was contemplating it!

I also show them photos of Thailand's construction sites-commonly referred to as tourist attractions,resorts, and exotic locations-but that is off topic..