Kids or dogs? Who are more important?

webfact

11 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Children are lower to the ground and can look directly in the animals eyes, triggering an aggressive response..........not excusing the owner of these animals, the dogs should be euthanized, and the owner prohibited from ever owning another animal again.

Thais do not put down animals not even vets . god knows what some of them think when they are munching away on one.  seen it myself ! dogs head in a glass counter top to advertise the menu of the day.

21 hours ago, keith101 said:

Children are definately more important than a pack of savage dogs but Thai dont kill anything unless its for food so unless they get mysteriously poisoned by someone nothing will probably happen .

Thais don't kill anything unless it's for food, what planet are you on?????

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, chrisinth said:

What a crazy, dangerous situation. To me, it is long past the owner taking responsibility with repeated attacks on multiple children from May. That is 8 months for Christ sake!! One attack is more than enough.

His defense (the owner) needs looking at as well. Letting a dog (or dogs) out of confines without supervision is a No in itself, but to let dog(s) roam with known histories of attacks is more than irresponsible, more paramount to encouragement.

I'm a dog owner myself, GSD & Siberian, which I walk everyday that I am home. We pass several kids on the Mooban and some of them will try to show off in front of their friends, shrill yells, running away and the like which raises unwanted 'interest' in my animals which could lead to a confrontation. If they were off the leash, which they never are.

And for clarity, the above points that children can cause reaction in no way justifies what is happening here. It is all on the responsibility of the owner; no more chances, no more excuses, the animals need to be either removed from him or put down. Nuf said.

Well said...  I'm sick of hearing of irresponsible dog owners.... Finally a responsible Dog Owner has spoken up and tells it how it should be... 

If people are unable to properly look after their pets, they should not have them.

In this case the animals should most definitely be put down, they are too much of a danger to other people in the neighborhood, especially the children. 

To be honest, I'm quite surprised that matters haven't been 'handled' already and we're not reading news of how 'someone' in the neighborhood has poisoned some dogs.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Katia said:

I doubt he's telling the truth about that... but what I wondered is, if your kid gets attacked by certain dogs even once, you let them keep going past that area unattended so it can happen again?  I know parents can't watch 24/7, but... I can tell you that if that happened to me, my parents would've immediately forbidden me to go anywhere near the area.  Is there a reason they can't avoid the spot?

Know what you mean.

My first, personally 'owned' dog (when I really knew bugger all about how to train dogs ☹️) once bit a neighbour's child who had rushed through the gates to make a fuss of my dog, when I was taking him out for a walk and had my back turned as I was closing the door to my house ☹️.

Fortunately, he didn't break the child's skin, and the neighbour was very understanding as to what had happened - even though they didn't have dogs themselves.  The mother explained to her child that it was never a good idea to rush up to an unknown dog. even if he was on a lead.

The next door neighbour's children (on the other hand.....) were a pain in the neck, constantly teasing my dog through the fence.....

Not that I'm defending the owner in this case.  If his dogs have bitten a number of children, then he should have the sense to ensure that his dogs can never get anywhere near children - as his dogs clearly don't like children!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Something does not make sense. Owner said he lets dogs out only at night behind his own house, what are kids doing out at night behind his house?

Umm, no. Read again, it's not a complicated article unless English is not your first language. From the OP:

"Amarin spoke to the owner of the dogs who keeps them running free behind his house most of the time. 

The dogs seemed fine when he was around but their demeanor changed when his back was turned. they started barking and behaving aggressively.

He said he lets them out to defecate in the neighborhood only at night."

I'll recap/summarize for you:

• During the day the dogs are left at the back (behind) of the owner's house.
  • The writer of the article observed aggressive behavior, in addition to witnessing the injuries incurred by the children in the village.
  • The lazy owner lets the dogs run free in the neighborhood/village at night, to crap/defecate in public and on other people's property.

I'd guess the dogs are let out more than "only at night" and probably in the evenings when kids are out playing, where they are vulnerable to a group of dogs that are in full, aggressive pack-hunting mode, due to an ignorant and lazy owner.

• Like 2

Life is not much worth here anyway , good for them trying to change something . Sadly nothing will happen , The dogs need to die or be adopted to someone who really cares about dogs. 

On 12/22/2018 at 1:26 PM, Hank Gunn said:

Umm, no. Read again, it's not a complicated article unless English is not your first language. From the OP:

"Amarin spoke to the owner of the dogs who keeps them running free behind his house most of the time. 

The dogs seemed fine when he was around but their demeanor changed when his back was turned. they started barking and behaving aggressively.

He said he lets them out to defecate in the neighborhood only at night."

I'll recap/summarize for you:

• During the day the dogs are left at the back (behind) of the owner's house.
  • The writer of the article observed aggressive behavior, in addition to witnessing the injuries incurred by the children in the village.
  • The lazy owner lets the dogs run free in the neighborhood/village at night, to crap/defecate in public and on other people's property.

I'd guess the dogs are let out more than "only at night" and probably in the evenings when kids are out playing, where they are vulnerable to a group of dogs that are in full, aggressive pack-hunting mode, due to an ignorant and lazy owner.

Thanks Buddha for yet another English teacher .So what are kids doing out at night?

Edited by BestB
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Hank Gunn said:

So you actually believe someone who's too lazy to train, socialize, and look after his dogs, when they claim they let their dogs out "only at night". From the photos I saw, they look to be pretty young kids; under the age of 5 easily. I know parents here are pretty lazy but I doubt there are a bunch of 3-5 year olds out wandering around at 10:00PM at night. And even if they were out after dark, at this time of year it gets dark at 6-6:30PM, so not very late. The real question is, what the hell has the owner of these dogs done to prevent this, after his neighbors have made several complaints about these attacks.

As for your "English teacher" comment, I was not correcting your grammar or spelling. I just pointed out three consecutive sentences, in a very simple OP that clearly addressed your comment, and I quote, "...what are kids doing out at night behind his house? ". The quotes from the OP I provided quite clearly showed that the kids were not wandering off behind his house to be attacked. It was clear you either didn't read the OP fully or willfully neglected the facts of the story to fit your opinion (it's the children's fault for being bitten by these mutts, which have demonstrated violent tendencies in the past and during a visit by the reporter of the story) or you just didn't understand it (which would not be surprising, as there are quite a few members on TVF whose first language is not English).

Oh, nah, i am much more inclined to believe a faceless, anonymous, previously banned English teacher who knows all,can even read minds and can read what is not written

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/21/2018 at 11:34 AM, webfact said:

He blamed the children for annoying his animals and stepping on them. 

I bought a Siberian Husky before my son was born. It wouldn't matter what he did to that dog, the dog would never have responded aggressively.  One wonders why there isn't a modern variant of village justice applied to the dog owner.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BestB said:

Oh, nah, i am much more inclined to believe a faceless, anonymous, previously banned English teacher who knows all,can even read minds and can read what is not written

You must have me mistaken for someone else. First, I've never been banned (I've been a longtime lurker but only signed up/registered on TVF about 1 1/2 yrs ago) and I've never been an English teacher. In this topic, you originally wrote "what are kids doing out at night behind his house? " implying it was the children's fault for being bitten. I merely quoted the OP to refute that claim.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

I bought a Siberian Husky before my son was born. It wouldn't matter what he did to that dog, the dog would never have responded aggressively.  One wonders why there isn't a modern variant of village justice applied to the dog owner.

There is a huge difference between your own pet and someone else one

26 minutes ago, Hank Gunn said:

You must have me mistaken for someone else. First, I've never been banned (I've been a longtime lurker but only signed up/registered on TVF about 1 1/2 yrs ago) and I've never been an English teacher. In this topic, you originally wrote "what are kids doing out at night behind his house? " implying it was the children's fault for being bitten. I merely quoted the OP to refute that claim.

So what are kids doing out at night on regular basis, unsupervised? or what are kids doing in his backyard during the day?

1 minute ago, BestB said:

So what are kids doing out at night on regular basis, unsupervised? or what are kids doing in his backyard during the day?

Kids are kids. They're probably out playing. Nothing unusual with that. It's late Dec. and being in the northern hemisphere here it gets dark at a pretty early hour (6-7 PM?) The OP says this occurred in "a village in Saraburi" and if you know anything about village life here, kids wander around to play with other kids. The real question that should be asked, is what is the dog owner doing letting his dogs out "on a regular basis, unsupervised".

Regarding your question, "what are kids doing in his backyard during the day?" where in the OP does it state that the children have been in his yard or that that's where they've been attacked/bitten. Now you're just making crap up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank Gunn said:

Kids are kids. They're probably out playing. Nothing unusual with that. It's late Dec. and being in the northern hemisphere here it gets dark at a pretty early hour (6-7 PM?) The OP says this occurred in "a village in Saraburi" and if you know anything about village life here, kids wander around to play with other kids. The real question that should be asked, is what is the dog owner doing letting his dogs out "on a regular basis, unsupervised".

Regarding your question, "what are kids doing in his backyard during the day?" where in the OP does it state that the children have been in his yard or that that's where they've been attacked/bitten. Now you're just making crap up.

Where does it say 6-7 pm? where i come from 6-7 pm is called evening, not night.

Secondly, why dogs bite only kids and not the adults? no adults outside at that time?

Dogs let out at night according to OP and dogs are savages and yet the only humans being bitten are the kids.

Yup, all makes perfect sense.

Well if kids are not out at night, then they must be getting bitten in his backyard, because it does not say anywhere when and how kids get bitten, you are the only one making all sorts of speculations, including the times which are clearly not mentioned.

Perhaps a good reason why police has not taken any action, because neighbors are lying? and either kids climb into his yard and do step on the dogs or it happens at night which again makes no sense as to why kids would be out at night

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

Where does it say 6-7 pm? where i come from 6-7 pm is called evening, not night.

Secondly, why dogs bite only kids and not the adults? no adults outside at that time?

Dogs let out at night according to OP and dogs are savages and yet the only humans being bitten are the kids.

Yup, all makes perfect sense.

Well if kids are not out at night, then they must be getting bitten in his backyard, because it does not say anywhere when and how kids get bitten, you are the only one making all sorts of speculations, including the times which are clearly not mentioned.

Perhaps a good reason why police has not taken any action, because neighbors are lying? and either kids climb into his yard and do step on the dogs or it happens at night which again makes no sense as to why kids would be out at night

Where did I say the OP said the kids are going out at 6-7 PM.

• The OP says they were bit at night.
  • You asked why are kid wandering around at night.
  • I stated that since it's now Dec. it gets dark pretty early, typically around 6-7PM. (Where I come from, night means the sun has set and it's dark.)
  • I only made the statement about it being dark early enough for the kids to be out, to address your claim that the dog owner is to be believed and the kids are being bitten/attacked at night.

If the kids are out playing in the village, as is pretty typical here in Thailand, then it's quite possible for the dogs to attack them if they're let out, unsupervised. Again, it you knew anything about Thai village life, the adults and older children are all sitting at home, washing dishes and/or watching TV. Also, as far as we know the kids are actually being attacked/bitten in the daylight hours (late afternoon?). It is only the specious claims of the lazy dog owner that leads the assumption of the dogs attacking at night.

A little bit of semantics here but the OP (i.e. the reporter) doesn't state that the dogs are let out only at night. The typical, lazy Thai dog owner claims that he only lets the dogs out at night, in his interview with the reporter. There's a difference there, and going on pretty much every story about vicious dogs in Thailand, the owners pretty much 100% of the time will refuse responsibility, so it's reasonable to assume this owner is doing the same. (If you don't know that, you obviously don't know Thailand too well, and I say that as someone who probably has lived in Thailand for a lot less time than you.)

You make a big assumption about the kids getting bitten in his backyard, as there is nowhere in the OP where that is stated. Pretty ironic for you to make that claim, after you accused me earlier of being someone who "can even read minds and can read what is not written".

As for police not taking any action. You've got to be joking. If you know anything about the BIB, you'd know they're about as useful at enforcing the law as "tits on a boar", as the old saying goes, which means pretty useless.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hank Gunn said:

Where did I say the OP said the kids are going out at 6-7 PM.

• The OP says they were bit at night.
  • You asked why are kid wandering around at night.
  • I stated that since it's now Dec. it gets dark pretty early, typically around 6-7PM. (Where I come from, night means the sun has set and it's dark.)
  • I only made the statement about it being dark early enough for the kids to be out, to address your claim that the dog owner is to be believed and the kids are being bitten/attacked at night.

If the kids are out playing in the village, as is pretty typical here in Thailand, then it's quite possible for the dogs to attack them if they're let out, unsupervised. Again, it you knew anything about Thai village life, the adults and older children are all sitting at home, washing dishes and/or watching TV. Also, as far as we know the kids are actually being attacked/bitten in the daylight hours (late afternoon?). It is only the specious claims of the lazy dog owner that leads the assumption of the dogs attacking at night.

A little bit of semantics here but the OP (i.e. the reporter) doesn't state that the dogs are let out only at night. The typical, lazy Thai dog owner claims that he only lets the dogs out at night, in his interview with the reporter. There's a difference there, and going on pretty much every story about vicious dogs in Thailand, the owners pretty much 100% of the time will refuse responsibility, so it's reasonable to assume this owner is doing the same. (If you don't know that, you obviously don't know Thailand too well, and I say that as someone who probably has lived in Thailand for a lot less time than you.)

You make a big assumption about the kids getting bitten in his backyard, as there is nowhere in the OP where that is stated. Pretty ironic for you to make that claim, after you accused me earlier of being someone who "can even read minds and can read what is not written".

As for police not taking any action. You've got to be joking. If you know anything about the BIB, you'd know they're about as useful at enforcing the law as "tits on a boar", as the old saying goes, which means pretty useless.

Since when dark means night?

I did not make any assumptions, i asked the questions, 

The story makes no sense because neighbors claim kids get bitten on regular basis , yet no adults get bitten

Owner of the dogs stated dogs kept in the back all day and let out ONLY at night. Owner also stated dogs bite kids because kids step on them.

So if kids are not out at night, the only other place where dogs can bite the kids is in his backyard. And even if kids are out at night, why adults do not get bitten?

As for Police inaction, you should believe less into bar stool myths.

My dog was once accused of biting an old bitch, police was over and willing to act What old retarded witch did not know was that my house had CCTV and she opened the gate, hit my dog and in response dog bite her.

But her version of events was that dog was running around in soi, bite her and after run back and even closed the gate after itself, she wanted 5000 for loss of income plus the medical bills.

What she got was big fat zero.

• Thanks 1