Kids or dogs? Who are more important?

webfact

1 minute ago, Hank Gunn said:

Okay, this is my last response to you, because you've obviously got some kind of axe to grind.

Where the hell did you come up with me saying dark means night. I mentioned it getting dark earlier because you asked why were kids running around at night unsupervised. When the sun goes down (i.e. it's dark) we call that night. There's no specific time for "night". The dictionary says" The period of darkness in each 24-hours; the time from sunset to sunrise."

No adults have gotten bitten, because like I said, they're most likely at home.

What the owner says in this particular case is up for debate, as with all Thai dog owners (notice I mentioned Thai and not farang) they don't have a reputation for being responsible. So to take the dog owner's claims on a literal basis is taking a huge leap of faith.

Again, you jump to the conclusion that the kids must be getting bitten while in the dog owner's back yard. They can just as easily and most likely are, attacked in the roads, sois or empty lots. Pretty typical for a Thai village (where these attacks are occurring) and not an urban/suburban area.

As for the reputation for the Thai police, you need only talk to people who've interacted with them or to read the dozens of stories here on TV. These are not myths but anecdotal evidence of real events.

You just have an axe to grind because some crazy witch came to abuse your dog and deservedly got bit for her efforts. The only reason the police showed up was that they were hoping for a "farang payday" after hearing the crazy witch's story. That's how the "Thai justice system" works. The police negotiate financial settlements between parties but and take a cut. In your case they were thwarted by the evidence of your CCTV recordings. I say good for you.

Being a dog lover myself, I'm glad to hear that witch got what she deserved for coming onto your property and hitting your dog. But as for Thai dog "owners", they're mostly willfully ignorant and lazy.

Done!

Can not be bothered going through your pile of repetitive wash, where did you say dark means night, well just few posts above, claiming it gets dark early at 6-7 pm, 

Unlike you, i do not have any axes to grind or anyone to teach.

OP does not make sense full stop, Dog owners story makes more sense then the neighbors claims.

And thank you for your explanation on how police works, not doubt you an expert on that also, so now that we established police does get involved, what would be the reason for police not to get involved in the case of OP?

Could it be that owner IS telling the truth?

• Sad 2

The entire OP story is just messed up and stupid.  No details as to the real facts... where and why are the children getting bitten, for example.  

1.  Why are the young children, basically pre school age, wandering around all the time without any supervision at all, especially after they have been bitten so many times already?  OP hints that they kids are even out alone in the dark!!!

2.  Why do the kids parents allow their children to still go out and get bitten?

3.  No one has took action against the dogs themselves (which is very common and normal practice here for problem dogs on the street)?  

I blame not just the dog owner here, I blame the children's parents for allowing they kids to be in such danger in the first place.

I was having some problems with the neighbours children thinking its fun to annoy my dogs by running up and down our fence, throwing stuff at them, and making barking noises.  Then my neighbour complained to me that my dogs were barking and noisy.  It was easy to sort out though, simply keep my dog in the house at the time the kids come home.  

There are basically about 20 dogs and 8 puppies that just run wild in the street, barking, howling, ripping open bin bags, shitting everywhere.  My 2 dogs are looked after, walked on a lead 2 x a day, and are super friendly and quiet.  I was worried they were barking (as maybe I did not notice), so I counted all the times they barked in 2 days.  Only time they barked was when the kids were teasing them.. and then only for a few minutes as I got them in the house.  

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

No, no way in hell is he telling the truth, he is avoiding the truth to keep from being responsible for all the hurt his dogs have done in the neighborhood  -  and Guys, Galls, Guys, no where in the Sanook Post (and the Thai post) does it say this happened at night, he is claiming he only lets his dogs out at night (To Terrorize the Neighborhood I suppose)  I say F'em put the dogs down, neuter the owner and order him not to have any animals for the rest of his life as he is obviously too stupid to take care of an animal.  That and pay for all the hospital bills for the kids.

No where does it say it does not happen at night , and once again , how is it that only kids get bitten? It makes no sense. Why would they not state where and when kids get bitten? I am certain if dogs attacked during the day on the street, police would have made him pay the bills at the very least , but the fact that police has done nothing as per OP, someone is lying big time or not disclosing the full story

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dcnx said:

You have a lot of faith in the police. We also don’t know the influence of the person who owns the dogs. He might be a poo yai. 

If he was, i have no doubts it would have been mentioned by the reporter

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Youlike said:

Now the national animal of Thailand will be the fighting fish! Perfect for a buddhist country don't you think?

Off Topic - but if you ever witnessed a real fight between two male Siamese Fighting Fish, you'd just be glad they don't weigh 40 lbs............those little buggers dance around biting pieces off each other until one runs away, still no gaurantee the other will stop biting the loser............shows you how clueless Thais are about their proposed National Animal choice.  Vicious lil buggers they are.

3 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Off Topic - but if you ever witnessed a real fight between two male Siamese Fighting Fish, you'd just be glad they don't weigh 40 lbs............those little buggers dance around biting pieces off each other until one runs away, still no gaurantee the other will stop biting the loser............shows you how clueless Thais are about their proposed National Animal choice.  Vicious lil buggers they are.

Yes off Topic... but interesting.  The male fighting fish might be vicious to other males, but he is a wonderful caring father to his babies.  He makes a nest out of bubbles, cleans and guards the eggs, and protects the babies from predators.  They are also really beautiful and graceful.  Maybe start a fish keeping thread?

Anyway, back to the OP.  Need a follow up to this story with the real details.. like :

Where are the children when they get bitten.

Where are the parents

Dog owner is in the wrong, but its the parents job and responsibility to keep their young children safe from harm.  If they can't do that they also need educating how to take care of children.  The kids could just as easily get run over playing in the middle of the road, or drown in a lake, etc. They will the parents blame the cars, the farmer for having a pond?  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes off Topic... but interesting.  The male fighting fish might be vicious to other males, but he is a wonderful caring father to his babies.  He makes a nest out of bubbles, cleans and guards the eggs, and protects the babies from predators.  They are also really beautiful and graceful.  Maybe start a fish keeping thread?

Anyway, back to the OP.  Need a follow up to this story with the real details.. like :

Where are the children when they get bitten.

Where are the parents

Dog owner is in the wrong, but its the parents job and responsibility to keep their young children safe from harm.  If they can't do that they also need educating how to take care of children.  The kids could just as easily get run over playing in the middle of the road, or drown in a lake, etc. They will the parents blame the cars, the farmer for having a pond?  

Sent you a PM.