Does anyone know about this Visa service? Least expensive that I have seen.

OK...."correct documents" in the past have been the "income letter" which is now mostly unavailable except from the Embassy of Burkina Faso. (lame attempt at humor)  Supposedly there is one other service advertising a price of 7000 baht, but I can get no information. I have sent an email and am waiting for a response. I was under the impression, that the police were "cracking down" on what is supposed to be a major source of their income. I am just trying to stay here legally without completely destroying my budget and paying my bills at the same time. I want to move away from Pattaya, to Nakhon Pathom, where my fiancee has shown me condos and apartments for less than what I pay here with more amenities and more space. I can't really expect her to marry me if I can't guarantee her that I won't have to leave the country. 

1 hour ago, KhunFred said:

OK...."correct documents" in the past have been the "income letter" which is now mostly unavailable except from the Embassy of Burkina Faso. (lame attempt at humor)  

Yes that was EXTREMELY STUPID comment.... There is ONLY 4 embassies who refuses to have a plan in place to help their citizens and that is USA, UK Australia and Denmark. And do NOT offer any income letter. The rest of the world is doing this and we all live happily ever after...

glegolo

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunFred said:

OK...."correct documents" in the past have been the "income letter" which is now mostly unavailable except from the Embassy of Burkina Faso

Actually Burkina Faso only maintains an Honorary Consulate in Bangkok on Ratchada but maybe they might be enterprising enough -- as the Austrians seem to be -- in offering income affidavit to citizens in Thailand other than from Burkina Faso which BTW is a French speaking country.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Well no it's just a whinge like your comment that, if you ever need insurance for an extension, you can sign up for insurance but not pay for insurance so you can convince immigration, at least for the time when you do your extension, that you have do insurance when you don't have insurance even though you have a paper from the insurance company saying that you do have insurance even though you haven't yet paid for the insurance which, after you receive your extension, you never do.

You mean like that?

Nup. Bit like I have the visa so I don't care how I got it, insurance wise. However personally, I won't be obtaining an O-A. My point from unrelated thread (you mention) is don't make up a requirement too difficult to enforce/police. Oh just an eddit to add ....reminds of imm accepting an affidavit from me at au embassy that my monthly income is 100k. Lot of trust involved in that. Perhaps someone said....hey this affidavit cr## is just that.

Edited by DrJack54
Error

6 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

My apologies -- I didn't realize you made a point.

You have used that little quip in replies to many other members posts. I often enjoy your posts but work on some new lines.

Back to the OP. This stuff is just similar to many threads (often from the usual suspects)...."Have you heard / I  read somewhere/ I overheard / did anyone else see...

This forum is in the main for serious info. MY POINT IS.....This thread pollutes. Belongs in pub forum.

Edited by DrJack54
Error

1 hour ago, glegolo said:

Yes that was EXTREMELY STUPID comment.... There is ONLY 4 embassies who refuses to have a plan in place to help their citizens and that is USA, UK Australia and Denmark. And do NOT offer any income letter. The rest of the world is doing this and we all live happily ever after...

glegolo

I'll bet you have a lot of friends with that mouth and attitude. You should work at the American Embassy.

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You have used that little quip in replies to many other members posts. I often enjoy your posts but work on some new lines.

I'll get a new line when people stop saying "the point is" or words to that effect when, if they actually made the point, they wouldn't have say the "The point I was making was ..." or words to that effect.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Just put 800,000 Thb in a bank for 3 months,2 if first time,

then after you get extension to can start spending it,this is

now the only legal way to go,if you don't have 800,000 THB

what are you doing here trying to scrape by,what if you have

an accident,fall ill,trying to do it in an illegal way is not going

to end well.things have changed now.

regards worgeordie

Another 800 thousand baht millionaire with the answer to all my problems. If I had that kind of money, I would not be looking for a way to stay in Thailand.  I live on a monthly income.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

I'll get a new line when people stop saying "the point is" or words to that effect when, if they actually made the point, they wouldn't have say the "The point I was making was ..." or words to that effect.

Thankyou for grammar lesson. In future perhaps concentrate on the point that I am not making, as to save your time. Do you get my point?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Another 800 thousand baht millionaire with the answer to all my problems. If I had that kind of money, I would not be looking for a way to stay in Thailand.  I live on a monthly income.

Then what are you doing living in Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

I'll bet you have a lot of friends with that mouth and attitude. You should work at the American Embassy.

And that comes from the guy that thought that the whole world besides Burkina Faso have stopped the income letter.

glegolo

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Goodnight.

Goodnight to you but since it's Christmas courtesy of the Marx Brothers (1935):

Fiorello (Chico Marx): Hey, wait, wait. What does this say here, this thing here?

Driftwood (Groucho Marx): Oh, that? Oh, that's the usual clause that's in every contract. That just says, uh, it says, uh, if any of the parties participating in this contract are shown not to be in their right mind, the entire agreement is automatically nullified.

Fiorello: Well, I don't know...

Driftwood: It's all right. That's, that's in every contract. That's, that's what they call a sanity clause.
Fiorello: Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! You can't fool me. There ain't no Sanity Clause!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, robsamui said:

Well, if people can't manage to live here on 82,000 baht a month (like one poster here) then I feel really sorry for them. I'm on a pension of half of that, and I'm now leaving Thailand to live elsewhere after 22 years.

Just for interest...where perhaps would you consider moving to with a pension of 41kbaht. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, robsamui said:

Well, if people can't manage to live here on 82,000 baht a month (like one poster here) then I feel really sorry for them. I'm on a pension of half of that, and I'm now leaving Thailand to live elsewhere after 22 years. Not just the money - I'm sick of being treated like an animal by the officials every time I go across the border and back.

Then stop going across the border and back, stay in Thaialnd.