Ridiculous festive fleecing?

AtoZ

Third time though most likely unlucky again, in a tiny little house with my 9 dogs. Surely someone who knows all the dark holes of Pattaya would know there are no houses on Soi Buakhao, unless of course you still saving up for a bus trip to check out for yourself instead of what you "heard"[emoji23]

Let you in on a little secret, single unit in Soi Buakhao are going for 13 million up? thats 13 with 6 zeros after it.[emoji6]

Bigger secret, tiny little houses on the outskirts of Pattaya actually going pretty cheap these days, can get one from as little as 20 mil, so thats 20 with 6 zeros after it.

Now back to this outrages 5000 baht per night 4 star hotels who are a total rip off
OMG what are you smoking? What a total load of cow manuer!!

What are you scared of? Sure you rub people the wrong way but trust me no one will track you down waving a machete.

I thought you owned a crappy guesthouse but you don't even plug that.

Just another expat living in slime city without 2 satang the day before pension hits

Enjoy!!

No need to fight guys.

Btw I was not writing about cost of hotel accommodation but ONLY what they charge for NYE dinner/party. As the prices are ridiculous, often more than in Europe. For example the bar at Holiday Inn is 12,000 THB for a table - no drinks or food included. Then there are plenty of places with 7000 THB just for food. In a country where the average salary is 10k!

On 12/29/2018 at 5:40 PM, BTB1977 said:

Hotel here in Hua Hin asking 5,900 baht per person to celebrate New Year's..  Think I will pass. 

I just had a big bowl of chicken & vegetable soup, 1/2 a bagel and a mince pie, washed down with a cup of tea.

Made it all myself and it cost around 40bht in total, you high flyers and your 6,000bht celebrations, have more money than sense.

7 minutes ago, AtoZ said:

No need to fight guys.

Btw I was not writing about cost of hotel accommodation but ONLY what they charge for NYE dinner/party. As the prices are ridiculous, often more than in Europe. For example the bar at Holiday Inn is 12,000 THB for a table - no drinks or food included. Then there are plenty of places with 7000 THB just for food. In a country where the average salary is 10k!

Actually, average salary is 25 000, 9900 is the minimum.

I am guessing price is high at Holiday Inn due to prime view and no doubt high demand.

I also think 12 000 is the minimum to be spent, not the actual cost of table

On 12/30/2018 at 2:02 AM, madmen said:

OMG what are you smoking? What a total load of cow manuer!!

What are you scared of? Sure you rub people the wrong way but trust me no one will track you down waving a machete.

I thought you owned a crappy guesthouse but you don't even plug that.

Just another expat living in slime city without 2 satang the day before pension hits

Enjoy!!

See...... once again shows thinking is not your strong suit,

6 minutes ago, BestB said:

Actually, average salary is 25 000, 9900 is the minimum.

No it is not... you really seems like smoking something :whistling: I guess you believe the 1% unemployment rate as well?

9 minutes ago, BestB said:

I also think 12 000 is the minimum to be spent, not the actual cost of table

No it is not. I bet they would say so otherwise https://www.facebook.com/events/2264894413599792/

7 minutes ago, AtoZ said:

No it is not... you really seems like smoking something :whistling: I guess you believe the 1% unemployment rate as well?

No it is not. I bet they would say so otherwise https://www.facebook.com/events/2264894413599792/

Oh and here we go again with trolling, 9900 is the minimum wage it is NOT the average wage, feel free to google it to save yourself the embarrassment of me posting links

Though i believe you struggle with reading, your own link says "with your choice of champagne or special Joseph Boroski cocktail"

9 minutes ago, BestB said:

Oh and here we go again with trolling, 9900 is the minimum wage it is NOT the average wage, feel free to google it to save yourself the embarrassment of me posting links

300bht/day is the minimum wage for people employed by a registered company.

There's no requirement to employ them for 30 days in a month either.

Most rural workers (about 80% of the Thai population) earn between 3000bht and 5000bht per month, self-employed and selling what they grow. 

But they usually have a few bottles of rice whiskey or a Leo or two on new years eve, and some of them have invited me round for a drink this evening (no charge).

I just had a big bowl of chicken & vegetable soup, 1/2 a bagel and a mince pie, washed down with a cup of tea.
Made it all myself and it cost around 40bht in total, you high flyers and your 6,000bht celebrations, have more money than sense.

I’ve just shared a 150 baht “ big fish “ from the market with ‘er indoors, probably gonna have a cup of jasmine tea ( 60 baht for 25 from Big C ) and a handful of wheat crackers in about 15 minutes.
Have a shower and take the young lady to the local temple about 11 pm so she can do her stuff !!

Might splash out on an iced tea later on but that will be my New Year celebrations !!

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

300bht/day is the minimum wage for people employed by a registered company.

There's no requirement to employ them for 30 days in a month either.

Most rural workers (about 80% of the Thai population) earn between 3000bht and 5000bht per month, self-employed and selling what they grow. 

business  does not have to be a company and a registered one to have to pay minimum wage. 

please share your source of information how you gathered 80% of thai population earns between 3000-5000 per month?

Archived