Jump to content

Marriage Visa in Hong Kong

Recommended Posts

I am on a  retirement extension and want to change to Marriage visa as I am bored out of my mind and want to work  for a small company (already have the  offer etc.) but don't want to go the non-imm B route.  I can't renew/change my extension since I don't have the funds in my account for  the seasoning requirement as I was out of the country (emergency family stuff) when it had to be deposited.


I looked on the embassy page for Hong Kong but  there was no mention if they issue Non-O marriage visas there.  I know they do in Savannakhet but I really can't stand the thought of 2 days in Sav. again (seems like 2 weeks).


Does  anybody know if HK issues Non-O marriage?



Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, candoman89 said:

Does  anybody know if HK issues Non-O marriage?

I don’t know the answer, but I expect they would issue a single entry non ‘O’ if you had the right paperwork; that might include money in the bank. I can’t find any recent reports anywhere.


Unless you’re going to HK for other reasons it would probably better to go to Vientiane (Single entry only) or Savannahket (Single or multiple entry).


The website is next to useless!

Edited by elviajero
Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Hong Kong will, but both Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi are known to if, as I fully understand, you want to avoid Savannakhet. If you go to Hong Kong, and they do not issue multiple Non O for marriage, I am pretty sure (like Vientiane) they would give you a single.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...