U.S. Democrats manoeuvre to end shutdown, without Trump wall money

webfact

5 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

Again and again, if you watch Trump supporters parrot their leader, it's always in superlative terms, with no reasoned arguments supported by data or facts, no educated analysis. Trump feeds them soundbites like "Mexico will pay for the wall" through some kind of fuzzily defined process without any quantitative explanation of a magically reformed NAFTA that miraculously results in funds being funneled to the "wall" budget of Homeland Security without any regard for legislative process.

Lack of critical thought and wholesale adoption of hyperbole. the Trump supporter.

Decades of no solutions to the border issues

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps Trump thought giving a $1.3 Trillion tax break to corporate USA was more important.

Think about it Riclag, taking care of the hyper rich first then coming begging for cash to pay for the wall he promised you.

Meanwhile at the other end of the Forbes Rich list, over 60% of Americans don’t have $500 to cover an emergency.

But, America needs a wall.

Or Trump needs a distraction for the impoverished masses while he hands over a $Trillion to the hyper wealthy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2016/01/06/63-of-americans-dont-have-enough-savings-to-cover-a-500-emergency/#687d8294e0d9

Enjoy!

Many American's feel that the politicians have failed them GOP and DEM they have a lower approval rating then the POTUS! I would like to see a budget with 5 B  for the wall and shutdown until there is a compromise! Just my patriotic opinion

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, riclag said:

Many American's feel that the politicians have failed them GOP and DEM they have a lower approval rating then the POTUS! I would like to see a budget with 5 B  for the wall and shutdown until there is a compromise! Just my patriotic opinion

False!

According to the latest Gallup poll re favorability ratings of Dems and Repubs taken on sept 4-12 Democrats had a favorable rating of 44 percent and Republicans 45.

At that time Trump had a favorable Gallup rating of 40 percent.

• Like 2

Fact checking Individual-1's endless lies on the so called wall. If you were an employer filling a modest position, would you hire an applicant proven to lie constantly (with the exception of position of con man)? Of course you wouldn't. Yet enough Americans made it president.

President Trump’s error-filled holiday tweets on the border wall

Over the holidays during the government shutdown, President Trump repeatedly posted on Twitter a variety of rationales for why a wall along the southern border is necessary. He also spoke to reporters before and after his brief post-Christmas visit to Iraq. We’ve covered many of these issues in previous fact checks, but here’s a quick overview for readers who might have missed — or tried to ignore — the tweets between Christmas and New Year’s Day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/02/president-trumps-error-filled-holiday-tweets-border-wall/

11 hours ago, bristolboy said:

It's just so bizarre the incoherent thinking of border alarmists. On the one hand they say that America is without protection to keep it from being inundated with illegals. Yet on the other hand, illegal immigration into the US over the southern border has declined precipitously. So what's keeping these would-be illegal immigrants from crossing the border? Magic?

As I've posted before, arrests of illegal aliens at the southern border is up 78% in the month of Nov. 

16 minutes ago, mikebike said:

So according to this we'd be better off disbanding the Border Patrol because stopping illegals from entering is illogical. We'll stop repairing the barriers we have because after all, what good does it do. That's an outstanding plan.

Or, we can continue to let Trump do what a president is supposed to do like protecting the citizens of the US and the borders. I know what I'm favor of.

14 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So according to this we'd be better off disbanding the Border Patrol because stopping illegals from entering is illogical. We'll stop repairing the barriers we have because after all, what good does it do. That's an outstanding plan.

Or, we can continue to let Trump do what a president is supposed to do like protecting the citizens of the US and the borders. I know what I'm favor of.

I didn't hear him advocate any of those things. I heard a lucid, well-articulated appeal to reason from a guy who looks like he could be a Trump supporter. He also pointedly refrained from saying "Trump," and referred to the government as advocating the wall through fear-baiting, but we all know who really is behind planting these illogical fears in many American's conscience.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, keemapoot said:

I didn't hear him advocate any of those things. I heard a lucid, well-articulated appeal to reason from a guy who looks like he could be a Trump supporter. He also pointedly refrained from saying "Trump," and referred to the government as advocating the wall through fear-baiting, but we all know who really is behind planting these illogical fears in many American's conscience.

Listen to yourself " from a guy who looks like a Trump supporter"???? What, as opposed to a clean shaven guy in a suit without southern drawl.

1 minute ago, keemapoot said:

Listen to yourself deflecting that guy's arguments.

If extending the barrier is a bad idea, then by default that means the existing barrier is also a bad idea. If that's the case having a Border Patrol monitoring a meaningless barrier is also a bad idea. What's not to understand.

• Sad 1

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

If extending the barrier is a bad idea, then by default that means the existing barrier is also a bad idea. If that's the case having a Border Patrol monitoring a meaningless barrier is also a bad idea. What's not to understand.

How in God's name do you draw that conclusion??? The existing barrier is a good idea, and supplementing it and adding to it in strategic places wisely is also a good idea. There is a whole host of measures that have been discussed that would work for border security, all of them better than this simplistic low-technology wall idea. The wall is symbolic and for Trump represents the ultimate ego stroke.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

How in God's name do you draw that conclusion??? The existing barrier is a good idea, and supplementing it and adding to it in strategic places wisely is also a good idea. There is a whole host of measures that have been discussed that would work for border security, all of them better than this simplistic low-technology wall idea. The wall is symbolic and for Trump represents the ultimate ego stroke.  

And that's exactly what Trump himself said recently on TV. he himself said many locations don't need a barrier because of natural barriers. And the 5 billion is just a starter. The only problem with Trump's plan is it's coming from Trump mouth. If we had a Dem president the money would have been approved without all this drama.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

And that's exactly what Trump himself said recently on TV. he himself said many locations don't need a barrier because of natural barriers. And the 5 billion is just a starter. The only problem with Trump's plan is it's coming from Trump mouth. If we had a Dem president the money would have been approved without all this drama.

Not true. The Dems are willing to negotiate a comprehensive package that includes methods that use innovation, not just legacy structures. True, the amount will not reach 5 billion, but it will be a wiser use of less money resulting in greater security. However, it will not have the INTENDED EFFECT of being "a big beautiful wall" or monument to one person.

That is the bottom line here. This is all about the ego of one man.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

If we had a Dem president we wouldn't have all this drama because there would have been a grown-up in the WH instead of a morally and mentally challenged drama queen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The democrats can manoevueur all they want. As an American who supports this wall its "No Money, No Honey" get it! We will have that wall.
There never will be that wall. Even the 5 billion would be a small down payment. Individual-1 has peaked. He lost the house. He's under threat of impeachment. Face the reality.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, Jingthing said:

There never will be that wall. Even the 5 billion would be a small down payment. Individual-1 has peaked. He lost the house. He's under threat of impeachment. Face the reality.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Exactly. the 5 billion is the the start of the ultimate boondoggle. Trump is stuck in the era of "big dumb capex," which means building BIG buildings and BIG monuments and the biggest thing he can stick his name on. With today's innovations, you can build things smarter, faster and with much higher performance. But, Trump is a master at planting simple concepts in minds that strike at the nerves of unfounded fears.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mikeasq60 said:

The democrats can manoevueur all they want. As an American who supports this wall its "No Money, No Honey" get it! We will have that wall.

So you don't care who is laid off, can't pay their mortgage, have to go to food banks to survive etc all because Trump wants "His" wall that he claimed that Mexico was going to pay for.

And Trump is the person that you chose to become POTUS?