Leaving thailand

Need some advise.......i will be leaving thailand on the 9th january. My 90 days reporting is due on the 9th and my retirement visa expires on the 10th. I will be back in australia on the 10th. I am going back to apply for my pension, i have to be a resident there for 2 years but can go on holiday for a short time. Question willl i need re entry application or can i just get a tourist stamp at airport when i come back to thailand. My retirement visa will be useless for 2 years.

51 minutes ago, Gazza0308 said:

My retirement visa will be useless for 2 years.

Your original non-OA or non-O visa has, in fact, been useless ever since it expired way back when. And you will need to apply for a fresh one once you have met the residency requirements for your pension (not sure whether non-O visas are still obtainable on the grounds of being aged 50 or over in Australia, though).

Alternatively, you could eventually return with another visa-exempt stamp and then apply for a non-O conversion at your local immigration office before hitting the retirement extension of stay road once again.

Just be careful to avoid racking up too many visa-exempt stamps over the next 2 years, though! If in doubt you might be best advised to consider applying for single-entry tourist visas first. 

Thanks Ojas. Yes i was thinking when i come back here for holiday just to get a tourist visa. I dont know how other guys can stay here for a long time and still get their pension. The government department in australia for pensions told me if i leave australia for long period i will lose the pension

13 minutes ago, Gazza0308 said:

Thanks Ojas. Yes i was thinking when i come back here for holiday just to get a tourist visa. I dont know how other guys can stay here for a long time and still get their pension. The government department in australia for pensions told me if i leave australia for long period i will lose the pension

Keep an adress back home , get the money paid into an Aussie account and make withdrawals in Thailand and no one will know ?

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Keep an adress back home , get the money paid into an Aussie account and make withdrawals in Thailand and no one will know ?

That strikes me as risky. I believe the Australian authorities would have a record, if they wanted to check, of your departures from and arrivals in Australia, certainly if it was done by air. Sure, they probably would not bother to check in most cases, but I could imagine random checks or checking if there was suspicion.

7 hours ago, BritTim said:

That strikes me as risky. I believe the Australian authorities would have a record, if they wanted to check, of your departures from and arrivals in Australia, certainly if it was done by air. Sure, they probably would not bother to check in most cases, but I could imagine random checks or checking if there was suspicion.

in nz they checked with immigration, showing ALL  my depatures and returns to nz...before i could could be eligible to have more pension transferred overseas..

i had to have worked in nz for 45yrs-continuously, before i was eligible..

fortunately, our pension is NOT  means or asset tested...

it should be "ongoing' forever-unless govt change the rules---

fortunately, im not dependant on it...

On 1/2/2019 at 9:55 AM, OJAS said:

Alternatively, you could eventually return with another visa-exempt stamp and then apply for a non-O conversion at your local immigration office before hitting the retirement extension of stay road once again.

@Gazza0308 Upon further reflection I don't think applying for a non-O conversion on the back of a visa-exempt stamp is to be advised. Not so much because of Thai Immigration but rather more on account of the difficulties you might encounter in being permitted to board your flight from Australia on the basis of a one-way ticket, unless you also purchase an onward flight ticket out of Thailand within the following 30 days. Obtaining a single-entry tourist visa beforehand should eliminate the risk of possible difficulties arising at check-in.