State Of Origin - Qld Vs Nsw

if you can get somewhere with imparja coverage bronco you can watch it live..

adeliade is a problem child when it comes to state of origin coverage

:o

They showed it a few years ago but then they came out with this waffle about lack of viewing audience.

Willie Mason is diagnosed with attention deficit disease, explains his outrageous behaviour, give me a break

Gasnier making obscene ph calls and all this after the kffufle earlier on with canterbury.

These blokes really must be stupid or think themselves bulletproof.

was thinking I might go to the bus stop and see if they have it on... will put my queensland jersey on for the occasion... they had the league grand final on there last year, so I might be lucky..

what time does the game start, 8pm EST.. and it is on wednesday night - right?

these team bonding sessions for NSW are becoming a farce, wasn't it last year someone fell off a horse and broke his leg?

:D

ABC Asia Pacific is available on satelitie in Thailand and they broadcast two NRL games per week. They are showing all the State of Origin games live so now the tricky part is finding a palce with ABC Asia Pacific

I am going to be controversial here... rugby leage is soooo unentertaining.

Granted I am a Melbournian at heart, but I love playing touch rugby and I love union, but something about league which just doesn't do it for me!!

Anyway, bus stop in Soi 4 is a decent place to watch the game, if you can get a seat.

I await being flamed........

Granted I am a Melbournian at heart, but I love playing touch rugby and I love union, but something about league which just doesn't do it for me!!

Anyway, bus stop in Soi 4 is a decent place to watch the game, if you can get a seat.

I'm with you Samran , league is dumb down version of union. Union is quite complex requiring a combination of smarts & brute strength. You need great fowards in scrums, lineouts, rucks & mauls. Good scrum-half fly-half connection. Centres with great attacking and defensive skills. The wings and the full-back also need to work well. Probably the most important the loose fowards/flankers to provide cover defense and secure loose ball at breakdowns.

Its all quite complex

I'm with you Samran , league is dumb down version of union. Union is quite complex requiring a combination of smarts & brute strength. You need great fowards in scrums, lineouts, rucks & mauls. Good scrum-half fly-half connection. Centres with great attacking and defensive skills. The wings and the full-back also need to work well. Probably the most important the loose fowards/flankers to provide cover defense and secure loose ball at breakdowns.

Its all quite complex

No flame, but if you look at the history of League and it's roots, played mainly by the coal miners in the North of soapdogerville, and in Oz one of the oldest teams used to sell dressed rabbits on Sat mornings.

It was plainly the poor man's version of Union, but they make no apologies for this and IMHO is a more watchable game than Union. :D

No comment about last nights game :o

Alot depends on what you grew up with I guess

Grew up watching Aussie rules which I like. Union, while obviously not the same, has a similar "feel" for some reason, making it more watchable for me.

Obviously living north of the Murray now, AFL doesn't get much of a run here, and alot of people feel the same way about AFL, they just don't get it. Each to their own.

• 3 weeks later...

wed 16th june, down to the bus stop to see if the mighty maroons can square the series.

there are things to learn from playing league, that you will not get just playing union.

that said, I personally like union better for the extra tactics required.

and I sure could go a cold coopers pale ale..its been a while..