Non-o Visa Expiry Date Missing

Hi all,

I have been staying here with my wife of five years for almost ten months now and have the thought of having to renew my Non-O visa in the back of my head. Having just checked it I see no reference to an expiry date. My twelve months (if it is twelve months) will be up on the 1st April as that was when I entered last year.

Whats the deal, do I need to go out of the country to get a new one or do I just carry on going to the border every 90 days with the one I have. My next visa run is due on 28th March so any help would be gratefully received.

Strange that there is no expiry... Never noticed that before.

Regards

Dan

There should be a 'must enter before' date which is the final day on which you can enter the country using that visa (actually best the day before). That date will be 1 year from the date the visa was ISSUED not the first date you entered the Kingdom.

If you still can't find it, post a scan of the visa, someone will assist :o

EDIT As to what next, you can go to KL and get another multi-entry non-o OR if you meet the financial requirements get a full 12 month extension by visiting immigration.

Lots of threads detailing the hoops required for an extension :D

Edited by Crossy

My twelve months (if it is twelve months) will be up on the 1st April as that was when I entered last year.

Are you quite sure you are talking about a multiple-entry non-immigrant visa, put in your passport by a Thai consulate?

The date when you entered Thailand last year (1st April) has absolutely nothing to do with the validity period of your visa.

If you do have a visa, it should have two date stamps on it: the issue date and the date before which the visa must be utilised. Look again. Look at the visa, not the entry stamps.

Below is the last non-immigrant visa – for a single entry – I have in my passport:

post-21260-1172058349_thumb.jpg

See at the bottom the text “Issued on <date>”? See above that the text “This visa must be utilized before <date>”? What dates are stamped on your visa?

--------------

Maestro

Ok, cheers for the replies, it says "Date of Issue 6 Mar 2006 - Enter Before 5 Mar 2007"

So the stamp they gave me at Ranong says to leave for the next 90 day run on the 28th March.

So do I in fact have to go to KL on the 5th or can I wait until the 28th?

And yes it is a full multi-entry Non-O obtained at the Visa office in London. It states No of entry "M"

:o

Edited by redbyteonline

Further to this, I think I may reach the financial obligations for the 12 month extension. I have definitely had on average 40,000 per month paid into my Thai bank acct so would that make me eligible?

Do they look into where the money has come from, I work in the "gray" web area you see and don't want them delving to far.

Can I also combine UK bank records with Thai records to show the amount of 40,000 or is it one or the other?

Also if the above is possible does anyone know if I could extend it at Koh Samui immigration or is it a trip to the border?

Thanks all in advance

Dan

Edited by redbyteonline

Last time you arrived, you were prmitted to stay for 90 days. I assume this was on December 29th, (how many fingers do I have to count 90 from and incl. 29?) wherefore your stamp should read: Permitted to stay until March 28/07. So the date shown until .... is the day you must leave.

You can leave earlier but must return under your present visa before it expires. Let's say you enter Thailandf again on March 4th you will be permitted another 90 days til June 3.

Enter Before 5 Mar 2007

You have no visa after the 4th of March. Any entry after that date will be for only your alloted visa free period. If you want to use your current visa you must exit and return not later than 4 March for another 90 day stay from that entry date.

Right, got ya. I will now be going to the border on the 2nd of March. So then I will be right for another 90 days and then it finally expires?

That is a lovely surprise for a Saturday morning, here was me thinking I had to go to KL next month.

I am going to celebrate with a coffee.

Thanks all

Dan :o

Edited by redbyteonline

OK, enjoy your coffee. If you come back on March 2 you should get a permitted to sty-stamp til May 30th.

Your VISA expired after March 4 but your permission to stay will be til May 30th.

Count the 90 days incl. March 2 and upon return watch what date the officer stamps. :o