Animal cruelty: "Soldier" orders staff to tie up and throw out annoying dogs

webfact

Animal cruelty: "Soldier" orders staff to tie up and throw out annoying dogs

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News Online reported that the fan page Watchdog Thailand (WTD) said that a soldier at a camp in Lopburi had ordered people under his command to mistreat and dispose of two dogs. 

The soldier had been for a bicycle ride at 9am and been annoyed by the dogs.

They were tied up by their front and hind paws and muzzled. They were left in the sun in the open for seven hours before the soldier ordered them thrown out like trash. 

They were taken to a dump three kilometers outside the camp and left there. 

It is not known if the animals survived their ordeal. 

Daily News reported that though the event happened on military property the person or persons responsible should be held accountable to the law. 

Thailand has tough laws when it comes to animal cruelty. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-04

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

Surely you jest as this cannot happen in a Buddhist country.

That's probably why they didn't just shoot them in the head. It's like the stupid releasing birds and and turtles at temples; it's all about form, and nothing to do with real compassion. Anyway, makes me sick; in my view, a person who lacks empathy for a dog, probably lacks empathy for another human. It's well known that psychopaths often have a history of cruelty to animals.

OP is not entirely accurate. It was not a soldier but a very high ranking general. What’s worse he stated if anyone tries to help for dogs and a human helping to be shot.

Thai generals a beacon of humanity and self control ????????????

The article states " a soldier at a camp in Lopburi had ordered people under his command..."

So, a soldier and an officer. I wonder if he treats his subordinates like dogs?

Perhaps the officer should have taken a pistol and shot the dogs and caused less of a problem. An officer, not a gentle man.

edit

having just read the post by BestB, an even more despicable character in uniform and brass..

7 minutes ago, nausea said:

Anyway, makes me sick;

I'm surprised you didn't say it made you nauseous. 

8 minutes ago, nausea said:

It's well known that psychopaths often have a history of cruelty to animals.

Come on now, you know this isn't possible here in a country where most believe in Buddhism.

15 minutes ago, nausea said:

That's probably why they didn't just shoot them in the head. It's like the stupid releasing birds and and turtles at temples; it's all about form, and nothing to do with real compassion. Anyway, makes me sick; in my view, a person who lacks empathy for a dog, probably lacks empathy for another human. It's well known that psychopaths often have a history of cruelty to animals.

You can learn a lot about a society by how they treat their animals. 

This was in the news yesterday. The dogs were saved by animal rescue volunteers.

The soldier's torture of the dogs is unforgivable but dogs can be aggressive towards cyclists. Some form of self defence would be better, a revolver firing chilli powder for example.

1 hour ago, TonyClifton said:

Surely you jest as this cannot happen in a Buddhist country.

Because it is a Buddhist country, the dogs were not shot (see Buddhist precept #1).

They were just "re-located".

So, as long as no theft, sexual misconduct, falsehood or intoxication was involved, the 5 basic precepts of Buddhism have been respected.

Everything else, that Westerners seem to think of as obligatory (as the 10 commandments are in Christianity) such as "compassion", are just tools which facilitate the individuals personal journey (unrelated to a wider "morality" or obligation to a "God").

That is why the country is full of emaciated, disease ridden, strays.

That is why so many Westerners in Thailand end up like this: image.png.ba402601f4a34c5e8efd1095ba26d155.png

15 minutes ago, Enoon said:

So, as long as no theft, sexual misconduct, falsehood or intoxication was involved, the 5 basic precepts of Buddhism have been respected.

so intoxication is a  Buddhist precept then judging by Thai drivers who would have thought it

Glad dogs were rescued hope  POS general meets a fate a 1000 times worse!

The General who ordered this disgraced his uniform and betrayed the King's Guards. On this basis, for bringing his regiment into disrepute, he is deserving of an inquiry, and if substantiated, a court martial.  He is protected from being named but as long as this continues he has shamed his regiment and embarrassed the personnel who are decent military professionals. His act of cruelty has destroyed the good work military volunteers have done over the years and betrayed their donation of time and money.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

OP is not entirely accurate. It was not a soldier but a very high ranking general. What’s worse he stated if anyone tries to help for dogs and a human helping to be shot.

Thai generals a beacon of humanity and self control ????????????

We will see the moral character of the  generals as they must deal with this cruel  man.

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

The article states " a soldier at a camp in Lopburi had ordered people under his command..."

So, a soldier and an officer. I wonder if he treats his subordinates like dogs?

Perhaps the officer should have taken a pistol and shot the dogs and caused less of a problem. An officer, not a gentle man.

edit

having just read the post by BestB, an even more despicable character in uniform and brass..

Your comment about subordinates is what sticks with me and is one of the first things that i thought of. I have the feeling that he is a real abusive bully. Unfortunately, I doubt that he will be brought to justice.

I would like to know  if he  ever had dealings with the Rohinghya refugees or  migrants from Myanmar, Cambodia Laos etc. I expect that this chap has a history. People just do not manifest psychopathic cruelty suddenly.

1 hour ago, nausea said:

It's well known that psychopaths often have a history of cruelty to animals.

As a Clinical Psychologist, I would really appreciate you citing the extensive research by which you came to reach this conclusion and to support your premise.  Just curious.

'nuf sed

25 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

The General who ordered this disgraced his uniform and betrayed the King's Guards. On this basis, for bringing his regiment into disrepute, he is deserving of an inquiry, and if substantiated, a court martial.  He is protected from being named but as long as this continues he has shamed his regiment and embarrassed the personnel who are decent military professionals. His act of cruelty has destroyed the good work military volunteers have done over the years and betrayed their donation of time and money.

We will see the moral character of the  generals as they must deal with this cruel  man.

Your comment about subordinates is what sticks with me and is one of the first things that i thought of. I have the feeling that he is a real abusive bully. Unfortunately, I doubt that he will be brought to justice.

I would like to know  if he  ever had dealings with the Rohinghya refugees or  migrants from Myanmar, Cambodia Laos etc. I expect that this chap has a history. People just do not manifest psychopathic cruelty suddenly.

"The General who ordered this disgraced his uniform and betrayed the King's Guards. "

image.jpeg.79959f568122cc0c13444f6203f3ee69.jpeg

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

That is why so many Westerners in Thailand end up like this: image.png.ba402601f4a34c5e8efd1095ba26d155.png

I had to read this a couple of times - I thought at first that it was a trifle unkind to refer to Westerners in Thailand as disease ridden emaciated strays, mind you, as I sit posting this in Mai Sai bus station, (waiting for the bus home after a border run), looking around me...

????????

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

You have to be a real low life scumbag to do something like this. I would like to see him treated the same way, tied up, left in the sun and thrown on the garbage pile where he belongs.

He need throw out in the sun, typical hypocrit, of Buhudism, the p00k3r will be making merit and saying sorry later ... to33er

Lots of people weighing in to condemn the general. Not one solution has been offered, except maybe the chili pepper idea.

We often see stories about vicious dogs attacking children and others. Then the comments are all about condemning the irresponsible owners. In this case, these are strays with no owners.

I'm a cyclist and a golfer. I carry an extra water bottle on my bikes with an inch or two of vinegar and chili pepper. Get a pursuing dog once in the eyes and you'll never see him again. Does no permanent harm. Stings like hell for half an hour or so, enough time for the critter to learn his lesson.

I play at the two military golf courses here in Chiang Mai. One of them has stray dogs running roughshod, tearing up the bunkers, threatening us golfers, shitting where they shouldn't, even stealing balls off the fairway. I'm dismayed at the spinelessness of the military officers who run the place. So sad, someone might criticize them.

This country is overrun with filthy, diseased dogs. They don't belong in some places. It's appropriate for a general to decide if his camp is one of those places.

I applaud this officer for his decisive action to rid his camp of these dangerous disease-ridden vermin. I criticize his method. Surely a general can order up a backhoe. One short trench, a few bullets, problem solved.

8 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

Lots of people weighing in to condemn the general. Not one solution has been offered, except maybe the chili pepper idea.

We often see stories about vicious dogs attacking children and others. Then the comments are all about condemning the irresponsible owners. In this case, these are strays with no owners.

I'm a cyclist and a golfer. I carry an extra water bottle on my bikes with an inch or two of vinegar and chili pepper. Get a pursuing dog once in the eyes and you'll never see him again. Does no permanent harm. Stings like hell for half an hour or so, enough time for the critter to learn his lesson.

I play at the two military golf courses here in Chiang Mai. One of them has stray dogs running roughshod, tearing up the bunkers, threatening us golfers, shitting where they shouldn't, even stealing balls off the fairway. I'm dismayed at the spinelessness of the military officers who run the place. So sad, someone might criticize them.

This country is overrun with filthy, diseased dogs. They don't belong in some places. It's appropriate for a general to decide if his camp is one of those places.

I applaud this officer for his decisive action to rid his camp of these dangerous disease-ridden vermin. I criticize his method. Surely a general can order up a backhoe. One short trench, a few bullets, problem solved.

There are words to describe you and your post, unfortunately its prohibited to express it

9 minutes ago, bowerboy said:

Dogs here are not dogs as we know them from a Western Perspective.

Replace the word "Dog" with "Rabied Vermin" and then read this news and thread and see if it makes more sense.

Utter nonsense

3 hours ago, Enoon said:

Because it is a Buddhist country, the dogs were not shot (see Buddhist precept #1).

They were just "re-located".

Everything else, that Westerners seem to think of as obligatory (as the 10 commandments are in Christianity) such as "compassion", are just tools which facilitate the individuals personal journey (unrelated to a wider "morality" or obligation to a "God").

I was stalked by a muppet who hit that ('Confused' button) every time I posted something he didn't like! ????

Archived