Animal cruelty: "Soldier" orders staff to tie up and throw out annoying dogs

webfact

8 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Animal rights in SEA? Even India they treat animals very poorly. 

I know y'all who have been defending these dogs and calling the gunner a scumbag wouldn't dream of eating mass produced meat. 

Didn't you know all Thai Visa soi dog lovers are strict Vegans or vegetarians

Same as all Thais are, caring animal loving Buddhist Vegans or vegetarians

Massive, Pants on Fire. I would say.

1200-612480-quotes-about-two-faced-people.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Dogs attacking cyclists must be removed one way or another. They are a public health issue, period. I my new friend the general reads this, I let him know that I' love to share my rides with him.

The point rather is that whilst many (foreigners and Thais) probably agree that stray dogs are a problem, the General's actions caused excessive suffering to the  dogs and reveals a self centred cruel streak which reflects badly on the man, his profession and his suitability to command men. I leave further analysis to the astonishing number of Clinical and amateur psychologists who have emerged on TV!

It is interesting that he is initially carefully described as only "a soldier". Perhaps the original authors of this piece thought the same? After all, this is a society in which people's "rank" and status are absolutely central to any mention of them.

The bottom line remains: controlling the stray dog population need not mean such gratuitous cruelty.

21 hours ago, dcnx said:

You can learn a lot about a society by how they treat their animals. 

You can also learn a lot about society by the way their animals react in the presence of humans.

I judge a family by the way their dogs react toward me, not by the way the people do. And I'm usually right in my judgement.

Humans can and often are deceitful, but not dogs. They tell as it is.

37 minutes ago, JAG said:

The point rather is that whilst many (foreigners and Thais) probably agree that stray dogs are a problem, the General's actions caused excessive suffering to the  dogs and reveals a self centred cruel streak which reflects badly on the man, his profession and his suitability to command men. I leave further analysis to the astonishing number of Clinical and amateur psychologists who have emerged on TV!

It is interesting that he is initially carefully described as only "a soldier". Perhaps the original authors of this piece thought the same? After all, this is a society in which people's "rank" and status are absolutely central to any mention of them.

The bottom line remains: controlling the stray dog population need not mean such gratuitous cruelty.

So, the guy lost it, happens to all of us. And as someone who rides 9000 km a year around Buriram I know the level of frustration one can get to. 

19 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

So, the guy lost it, happens to all of us. And as someone who rides 9000 km a year around Buriram I know the level of frustration one can get to. 

You are really grasping at straws to justify a premeditated act of gross wanton cruelty. The guy did not "lose" it. The act was PLANNED.  The act went on for 7+ hours. The act involved continued and persistent threats against  those who objected.  When someone has a short outburst, a moment of a loss of self control, it is quick, and usually ends badly with the beating of a child or spouse, or road rage etc. (We do not all "lose" it in this way, at least those of us who are emotionally stable.)  In this case, it went on all day and required his insistence of non-intervention.

There is no excuse for a command officer, someone  who has the care control and custody of thousands of young conscripts, deadly ordinance and weapons and near impunity under the  current Thai administration. What occurred was something more usual to North Korea or a dysfunctional state.

Your continued insistence on justifying a depraved cruel violent act speaks volumes about you. This wasn't about a cull of soi dogs or even a defensive act. The man is reported as having inflicted mental trauma on subordinates, young men by forcing them to engage in an illegal, immoral act and then threatened and intimidated anyone who attempted to intercede.

4 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

You are arguing that anyone who conducts him/herself in a mature responsible and compassionate manner is a wrong. Do you not see that you are arguing in favour of a planned act of cruelty? Your posting demonstrates how people willingly participated in genocides like the Cambodian Killing Fields, Rwanda & Burundi massacres, Bosnia slaughter,  WWII concentration camps. Some people are anti-social, or as others have said psychotic. As such, they have no empathy for the pain other sentient beings suffer and can easily kill and torture. It is wrong to inflict pain in the manner that occurred here. You do not wish to accept that. The problem then is you as you are anti-social.

22 hours ago, bannork said:

The soldier's torture of the dogs is unforgivable but dogs can be aggressive towards cyclists. Some form of self defence would be better, a revolver firing chilli powder for example.

Only one sensible rule - attack a human. bang, then to the dump.

Guaranteed he will never attack another.

Those that bite children and some yahoo stands up for the dog should be given the same treatment.

22 hours ago, BestB said:

OP is not entirely accurate. It was not a soldier but a very high ranking general. What’s worse he stated if anyone tries to help for dogs and a human helping to be shot.

Thai generals a beacon of humanity and self control ????????????

Karma will come and bite him on the arse ... why, he may even come back as a dog !

37 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

You are arguing that anyone who conducts him/herself in a mature responsible and compassionate manner is a wrong. Do you not see that you are arguing in favour of a planned act of cruelty? Your posting demonstrates how people willingly participated in genocides like the Cambodian Killing Fields, Rwanda & Burundi massacres, Bosnia slaughter,  WWII concentration camps. Some people are anti-social, or as others have said psychotic. As such, they have no empathy for the pain other sentient beings suffer and can easily kill and torture. It is wrong to inflict pain in the manner that occurred here. You do not wish to accept that. The problem then is you as you are anti-social.

Try and get a grip of yourself. 

it's two soi dogs mate.  and that's it. :coffee1:

34 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

I read somewhere that about half the world population are just human bodies  without soul( spirit). Just an empty shell without empathy so there is no way for these entities to feel human compassion. ????

Soi dogs in their millions are a continuing and growing problem, made worse by many Thais not seeing them as a problem for religious reasons and the other one. It will always be a third world country with scabby dogs infesting every roadway, wat and shop entrance, no matter how many glittering malls they build. There is no way I could walk along the roadway where we live without being set on by packs of dogs, we will have to wait 20 years for the soppy dog rescuers to turn up!

Just now, Orton Rd said:

Soi dogs in their millions are a continuing and growing problem, made worse by many Thais not seeing them as a problem for religious reasons and the other one. It will always be a third world country with scabby dogs infesting every roadway, wat and shop entrance, no matter how many glittering mall they build. There is no way I could walk along the roadway where we live without being set on by packs of dogs, we will have to wait 20 years for the soppy dog rescuers to turn up!

I would say it has more to do with you personally than the dogs or Thai . I have no problem walking on any road anywhere in Thailand in 18 years and not once was I set on by any street dog or even growled at.

6 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

1200-612480-quotes-about-two-faced-people.jpg

I hate to disappoint you I am no vegan, let me loose on a good t bone or ribs  

This General is clearly unfit to hold such an important position,  and I hope his actions are reported on Thai media.

I have no doubt that the vast majority of Thais (like the majority on this thread), will be horrified - which may hopefully, result in him being sacked.

23 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

I'm surprised you didn't say it made you nauseous. 

Come on now, you know this isn't possible here in a country where most believe in Buddhism.

Stop harping on about religion mate. All countries have religion and all have bad people.

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

This General is clearly unfit to hold such an important position,  and I hope his actions are reported on Thai media.

I have no doubt that the vast majority of Thais (like the majority on this thread), will be horrified - which may hopefully, result in him being sacked.

Good news, I just asked my Thai cleaner about this - and she knew about it and said it is being reported on Thai news ????

6 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

There has been a huge push on social media to have him

arrrested and charged as well as removed . Notice that his name and rank is not mentioned anywhere , because talk is he is very high ranking.

momentum is growing , maybe general will have no other choice but to act , but then again if it’s one of his mates then nothing as usual .

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Only one sensible rule - attack a human. bang, then to the dump.

Guaranteed he will never attack another.

Those that bite children and some yahoo stands up for the dog should be given the same treatment.

The children typically torment and attack the dogs. The dogs react accordingly. Or, do you prefer to ignore the fact that some of these mutants are not  raised as cruel  brats?

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Good news, I just asked my Thai cleaner about this - and she knew about it and said it is being reported on Thai news ????

The news reports were  depressing, with the videos and photos just sickening. My friend was going on about how he had an NCO that was a sickie like this guy and how they wanted to frag him. Very bad for morale.

21 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

The news reports were  depressing, with the videos and photos just sickening. My friend was going on about how he had an NCO that was a sickie like this guy and how they wanted to frag him. Very bad for morale.

On the upside, I believe dogs were saved and are alive. Pics circulating on social media showing dogs freed and given water 

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

There is no such thing as karma, it was always a myth to pacify the downtrodden.

You know there is such a thing as karma. In a previous life you were known as jackie54 and now you're reborn as Thai3 living in Orton Rd.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

I would say it has more to do with you personally than the dogs or Thai . I have no problem walking on any road anywhere in Thailand in 18 years and not once was I set on by any street dog or even growled at.

Any road? Anywhere? Where have you been walking? Are you odourless like that Grenouille guy? I am challenged or attacked by dogs every day when I run. It seems running people is such a freakish occurrence to these dogs that they just have to have a go. 

42 minutes ago, androokery said:

Any road? Anywhere? Where have you been walking? Are you odourless like that Grenouille guy? I am challenged or attacked by dogs every day when I run. It seems running people is such a freakish occurrence to these dogs that they just have to have a go. 

naturally running through dog area would attract attention. maybe walking fast instead of running when in dog area Would be good idea to avoid being bitten or challenged. Running is excitement in dogs language, pack gets excited , you get chased 

Archived