Lost 500baht at oranage kiosk machine recharging AIS

Musing

So it turns out those orange kiosk machines don't give change so if you recharge 500 and put in 1000 baht seems to be saying goodbye to your money

I can't be the only one who has done this

Why wouldn't the machine know 1000baht was entered and recharge 1000 instead if it can't give change? 

Was recharging my AIS mobile

Okay so update! Good news, these kiosks remember the amount you put in, so I simply went back and recharged 500 and this time it didn't ask me for more money because it remembers the 500 balance remaining.

So got my 1000 baht worth after all

The AiS system (and probably the others) is pretty smart.

I bought a data roaming package for Malaysia a couple of years back. The trip was cancelled at the last minute (literally, I was about to leave for the airport) so no data was used. A while later the cost of the package was refunded to my phone. 

None of these self service machines returns change.

Neither the orange colored (or misc other kiosk machines) nor the machines at the AIS centers.

As you describe a "credit" remains and the next user might be very thankful.

And you were lucky that the 500 was not touched for hours :tongue:

I use those machines for small top-ups only.

Mostly 20 Baht to extend the validity of the credit for another month (up to a year).

Bigger top-ups via online banking.

On 1/5/2019 at 5:29 AM, KhunBENQ said:

None of these self service machines returns change.

Neither the orange colored (or misc other kiosk machines) nor the machines at the AIS centers.

As you describe a "credit" remains and the next user might be very thankful.

And you were lucky that the 500 was not touched for hours :tongue:

I use those machines for small top-ups only.

Mostly 20 Baht to extend the validity of the credit for another month (up to a year).

Bigger top-ups via online banking.

Nope, it is credited against the number, not the machine. So enter the same mobile number and the credit will appear.

38 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Nope, it is credited against the number, not the machine. So enter the same mobile number and the credit will appear.

Indeed, that is how the ones I use work. Not sure how long they keep the credit for though.

Archived