90 day reporting .....new rules?

Yesterday i reported my kids for a 90 day reporting, based on dependent extension of stay they had a immigration paper which stated 24-12-2018 while their passport entry stamp showed 11 -10 - 2018, as always i followed the 'new' entry date stamp  and was surprised to hear i missed the official date.

Long story short, i was told that whenever i left the country on a single or multiple entry visa i needed to get a new computer slip @ immigration office within 24 hours of entering Thailand. 

It seems they follow the computer data rather then the date stamp of entry now.

Could be very costly , luckily we were pardoned from paying a fine. (friendly warning only)

Location NongKhai @ 10.15 am

25 minutes ago, kannot said:

eh?

Serious...i had to pick up my own and my wife's passport too....in my (Lao) wife's case, she went to Laos 2 times after the immigration registered date and was promptly aligned on the spot with our kids new 90 day reporting date........mine was left untouched as it corresponded with the immigration computer slip.............(took the mrs with me just in case my Thai interpretation wasn't good enough, but she confirmed what we were was told.)

The OP has confused TM30 reporting requirements with the address reporting requirement for staying continuously in the country for 90 days.  His issue has to do with TM30 reporting requirements only. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hgma said:

Long story short, i was told that whenever i left the country on a single or multiple entry visa i needed to get a new computer slip @ immigration office within 24 hours of entering Thailand. 

As said that was for not doing a TM30 report of your presence at your residence that has nothing to do with 90 day reporting.

FYI this is the form used. TM30 Form Notification of aliens staying at a residence

15 years and always routine 90 day reporting, have seen this TM 30 when i arrived, and has indeed nothing to do with 90 day reporting i am talking about address notification every-time we do 90 day reporting assumable with a TM 30 form which in 15 years was never asked ....until yesterday. 

Anyway thank you all for your explanations.

HGMA