Russians race to Thailand

rooster59

Russians race to Thailand

image (3).jpg

Thailand is Russia’s destination of choice for the New Year 2019 festive period. Photo: Tatsuya Fukata / Flickr

PHUKET: Thailand will be the most popular foreign destination for Russian travellers this New Year festive season, the Russian Association of Tour Operators (ATOR) has revealed. Russian’s own Sochi is the most popular domestic destination.

Thailand’s beaches and Sochi’s ski resorts competed fiercely for Russian travellers this New Year festive season, being the top destinations of choice for tourists from European and Asian parts of the country respectively, said Maya Lomidze, the Executive Director of ATOR, whose members include Russian tourism powerhouses Biblio Globus, Coral Travel, Natalie Tours, Pegas Touristik and more.

Ms Lomidze shared the information at a recent tourism forum named “Tourism results of 2018, trends in New Year demand from Russians, forecasts for 2019”.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/russians-race-to-thailand-69891.php#qtcuHmj91XVZZHlO.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-01-06

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great stuff the Russians are Rushin' back then .. The rouble don't look too healthy though so look forward to more DIY street entertainment with plenty of Cossack dancing outside 7/11's once they've tanked up on some large bottles of Chang and maybe some punch-up's in Walking street .. 

I used to HATE Russian scuba beginning students. They never listened and wanted to go to the bottom of the ocean when they were required to stay at 6 meters then 12 meters during their intro dives. I would have to fight them, holding onto their tanks to keep them at the required depths.

EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

40 minutes ago, trigpoint said:

Apparently true, my wife works in a restaurant on pratamnak soi 5 and said more Russian now, miserable buggers she said, don't speak a word of English, don't tip or smile either. 

There's actually no reason why people should tip in Thailand, especially when they have double pricing. 

Before going to Russia last year I read that one should not smile a lot (like we do in Thailand) because Russians interpret smiling as being silly or stupid. And I can say that has some truth, especially with Russians who do not normally deal with foreigners.

13 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i wonder why Russians are so frickin' rude all the time?

they got nukes pointed at my country so they are on my shit list.

can't wait to get the go code.:cheesy:

My Nation dont have Nukes but you sent Mc Donald to secretly invade us.  I Dont blame the Russians, we can only hurly back Cod Heads in retaliation.:drunk:

40 minutes ago, nickstav said:

I wonder, do they know that the Thais don't like them (more so than other farangs)? Not that they would care, but do you think they know?

Russians might know but don't care what a thai thinks (me too) - does thais know how disliked they are all over Asia for their arrogance etc. ?

1 hour ago, quandow said:

I used to HATE Russian scuba beginning students. They never listened and wanted to go to the bottom of the ocean when they were required to stay at 6 meters then 12 meters during their intro dives. I would have to fight them, holding onto their tanks to keep them at the required depths.

EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

You can always tell a Russian.

But you can't tell them much.

31 minutes ago, Wallander4 said:

Russians might know but don't care what a thai thinks (me too) - does thais know how disliked they are all over Asia for their arrogance etc. ?

Whoever told you Thai know there is anything outside of Thailand ?????

a few believe Honda and Toyota are Thai brands 

53 minutes ago, racket said:

There's actually no reason why people should tip in Thailand, especially when they have double pricing. 

Totally Agree, not only that but must haggle over each baht. See fruits for 10 baht, offer them 5

2 hours ago, trigpoint said:

Apparently true, my wife works in a restaurant on pratamnak soi 5 and said more Russian now, miserable buggers she said, don't speak a word of English, don't tip or smile either. 

in Latin America americans, europeans and other "english speakers" can't speak a world of Spanish. 

miserable buggers.

What latin american people think of them -- go figure. ????

Funny how TAT is always chasing the wrong group:

- they aimed for high-income travelers, and soon after it became clear its mostly russians and chinese coming over

- they go after the russians and soon after the russians stop coming (currency crisis) and the chinese take over

- TAT starts focusing on chinese and ... the chinese growth stops and now russians are coming again

Waiting for next week where TAT announces they start focusing on the russian market again... only to hear that its chinese or indians now coming over in droves.

18 minutes ago, Bezdomny said:

He says that on the top of most annoying guest are Brits, than Israelis, Chinese, Americans. He actually like Russians.

Fake news, it never happened. 

3 hours ago, quandow said:

EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

the gene pool having a cleansing and you c'ckblocked the gene pool ?
you are a very brave man.

3 hours ago, trigpoint said:

if you lived in a very cold country, with a very bad president and a very bad currency would you be smiling???? I wouldn't!!!!!

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Whoever told you Thai know there is anything outside of Thailand ?????

they use to have same saying in the USA..... recently graduated students didn't know Canada and Mexico had a border with the USA

3 hours ago, trigpoint said:

Good to know they haven’t changed ????

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Great stuff the Russians are Rushin' back then .. The rouble don't look too healthy though so look forward to more DIY street entertainment with plenty of Cossack dancing outside 7/11's once they've tanked up on some large bottles of Chang and maybe some punch-up's in Walking street .. 

I was thinking,  more like loads more ATM skimming machines being fitted all over Phuket.

Archived