Russians race to Thailand

rooster59

1 hour ago, looking on the bright side said:

Most of the Russians are well behaved people, they come with their families, and their men don't hang in night bars looking for a woman like so many  men from other European countries. The Thai visa forum have a significant numbers of haters posting their toxic views all the time, they don't accept what is  perceived not to belong to their civilization.

I bet Russian would love to hang at "night bars", but since they travel with family, they are not able to. 

And since when is hanging in night bar a bad thing? That is what people do while on holiday. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tchooptip said:

I speak English , Yo hablo español tambien. My Thai is reasonable too... But I'm not an English native speaker :biggrin:

This explains that.

That explains nothings -- I'm talking about all of them and not about you in particular

Si hablaras esañol, no usarías "yo" en este caso. No hablas español

Why do people/tourits assume that they/tourists may judge what kind of other TOURITS may come to visit Thailand? The authorities of Thailand let them do so?

RUSSIANS WILL come, whether you all like it or not. And they won't need to ask your permission. And this is how it is. ????

You better come to them in real life and tell them that face to face -- that you don't like them. Will you all be brave enough to do so? ????

5 minutes ago, chado said:

Why do people/tourits assume that they/tourists may judge what kind of other TOURITS may come to visit Thailand? The authorities of Thailand let them do so?

RUSSIANS WILL come, whether you all like it or not. And they won't need to ask your permission. And this is how it is. ????

You better come to them in real life and tell them that face to face -- that you don't like them. Will you all be brave enough to do so? ????

calma hombre, no te enojes,  la vida es demasiado corta

11 hours ago, BestB said:

Totally Agree, not only that but must haggle over each baht. See fruits for 10 baht, offer them 5

Haggling over 5 Baht fruit. OMG! 

Bring back the Indians, Chinese AND Russians! 

13 hours ago, trigpoint said:

Apparently true, my wife works in a restaurant on pratamnak soi 5 and said more Russian now, miserable buggers she said, don't speak a word of English, don't tip or smile either. 

Your wife “sapek inglit leeten bit” herself, doesn’t she? 

By the way. Thais always treat their paying customers with respect. It’s part of their culture. Can’t imagine your wife bad mouthing her customers unless she is trying to please you because this is what you like to hear.

7 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

My wife has a small resort and our best customers and repeat customers are Russian families and we find them polite and respectful. They always bring us gifts and invite my wife to breakfast everyday when she does her checks in the morning. Even had one guy weld a bracket on the gate when it broke (Thai build). Our guests seem to be middle class and always laughing and joking but they are initially suspicious people but I can't judge them on that after working in Russia and how they have been treated by their own governments. They are careful about money because of the exchange rate but then so are us Brits at the moment. 

+1 Only decent post so far. 

Most Ruskies I've meet over the years, mainly in Europe, were spot on. As you said, initially wary, but once trust has been won, they were generally decent folk. 

After the thais have gone beyond 9 english words that they know, thanks to the tourists

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

calma hombre, no te enojes,  la vida es demasiado corta 

By the way, you've made a grammar mistake buddy, that should've been "cálmaTE hombre"

You're an English speaker and who speaks Spanish "un poco"?

Who is it telling you this?  A Russian speaker, who apparently speaks no English, let alone Spanish. ????

1 hour ago, chado said:

That explains nothings -- I'm talking about all of them and not about you in particular

Si hablaras esañol, no usarías "yo" en este caso. No hablas español

First I was joking 100% by "this explains that" so it's useless to attack me, secondly I should have said hablo español for sure,  a language I did not speak for decades but I have loved so much as the more beautiful in the world for me, it is not, of course, my mother tongue and because I add wrongly yo "???? grrrr you do not speak Spanish" I have been in Spain a least a dozen time and was understood  by the Spaniards, each more charming than the others I met in spite of my mistakes. Like in English sometimes I make huge mistakes absentmindedly because it's not my mother tongue. But let me congratulate you on your perfect integration to TV, your aggressivity  for no real reason will quickly make you a valued member????

:mfr_closed1:

2 hours ago, whitemouse said:

Yep, 28 days holiday for 34.000 thb, with flight and hotel is cheap. On peak season Europeans can pay 34k thb just for air fare. 

And 34k thb for 28 day vacation is same ball park as 15k thb for 10 day holiday. 

yes i agree and they also book proper hotels for 3-4-5000 a night. Plus they do daytours many times...and usually won't eat much from the streets...

There must be plenty of rich Russians from Moscow but i guess they book their own holidays,  not those cheap tours.

The Russians i've met were all very rude and i won't go in the same hotel as them anymore. Would rather stay home.

13 hours ago, chado said:

After the thais have gone beyond 9 english words that they know, thanks to the tourists

By the way, you've made a grammar mistake buddy, that should've been "cálmaTE hombre"

You're an English speaker and who speaks Spanish "un poco"?

Who is it telling you this?  A Russian speaker, who apparently speaks no English, let alone Spanish. ????

calmate means that I must know you to be able to TU you which is not the case, as for the missing accents it's due to using a different keyboard,  thus using CALMA means respect as it relates to USTED in that case the word CALMA is correct and I am not an English who speaks Spanish un poco but a latin person who speaks and writes 6-7 languages including Spanish, you should get down from you horse and relax, as a piece of advise, in life one should never make ASSumptions, unless one knows the whole story, otherwise it makes one look like the first 3 letters of the word 555555

15 hours ago, whitemouse said:

I bet Russian would love to hang at "night bars", but since they travel with family, they are not able to. 

They also got a large enough home grown industry back home, so unless they're into Asians, no need to let steam out.

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Europe gets the better ones from West of Ural. Thailand gets the bottom of the pile.

True, I have been to Saint Petersburg and very nice people there, curious about the world and foreigners are welcomed.  

The Russian tourists in Pattaya are from the east and the Siberia region,  just a different lower class. 

15 minutes ago, balo said:

True, I have been to Saint Petersburg and very nice people there, curious about the world and foreigners are welcomed.  

The Russian tourists in Pattaya are from the east and the Siberia region,  just a different lower class. 

So one could say, broadly speaking that is, that they blend in just nicely? 

30 minutes ago, djayz said:

that they blend in just nicely? 

They blend in with lower class people here perhaps, but at least the western lower class people can put a smile on their faces and enjoy the cheap life. 

2 hours ago, djayz said:

So one could say, broadly speaking that is, that they blend in just nicely? 

Uh-huh.

Birds of a feather.

You know how that is. 

Most require a good looking at themselves in the metaphorical mirror before casting assertions upon others.

Truly begs of contradictions.

4 hours ago, balo said:

We have had a few guests from the Siberia side and they have been well educated and I can remember having a great conversation with a couple from Siberia in Kuala Lumpur airport as they were on their way home in winter at the end of their holidays. 

Been to the Urals in winter, people are people and it's miserable as fk in winter watching old people trudge in the snow but the people in the hotel and bar where we went for food were really friendly.

p.s. Russian winter food especially soups are so tasty because they are so full of fat!

Archived