Russians race to Thailand

rooster59

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i wonder why Russians are so frickin' rude all the time?

they got nukes pointed at my country so they are on my shit list.

can't wait to get the go code.:cheesy:

A long long period under communism where all are equal, no need for politeness as it may be construed as deference mentality!

China was like that when I first stated visiting 30 years ago. Boy did they learn and change quickly! But not the Russians and some other East Europeans. Will take much longer if at all.

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

A long long period under communism where all are equal, no need for politeness as it may be construed as deference mentality!

China was like that when I first stated visiting 30 years ago. Boy did they learn and change quickly! But not the Russians and some other East Europeans. Will take much longer if at all.

china changed as they saw $$$$$$$ signs all over

1 minute ago, ParadiseLost said:

In Moscow last week, illustrious leader Putin announced that "Russians are racing to Crimea"... ????

Does anyone believe anything anyone in TAT says? Really?

I was about to say. Here is the big slogan and yet i do not see an increase of Russians at all

Saying that, package tours to Thailand are cheaper than going to Crimea.

They get airfare, room and meals for 15 000 baht for 10 day trip, Thailand

6 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

Why bother with thailand. its boring after a day or 2. Just found this russian beauty on youtube ill never get sick of it. ????

I never knew Keanu Reeves and Annie Lennox had a lovechild!

Such a catchy name though... ????

My wife has a small resort and our best customers and repeat customers are Russian families and we find them polite and respectful. They always bring us gifts and invite my wife to breakfast everyday when she does her checks in the morning. Even had one guy weld a bracket on the gate when it broke (Thai build). Our guests seem to be middle class and always laughing and joking but they are initially suspicious people but I can't judge them on that after working in Russia and how they have been treated by their own governments. They are careful about money because of the exchange rate but then so are us Brits at the moment. 

26 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

Why bother with thailand. its boring after a day or 2. Just found this russian beauty on youtube ill never get sick of it. ????

Looks like robocop when he takes his helmet off ..........

4 hours ago, chado said:

in Latin America americans, europeans and other "english speakers" can't speak a world of Spanish. 

miserable buggers.

What latin american people think of them -- go figure. ????

If all Latin Americans are prejudiced as YOU seem to be who cares what they think!!

6 hours ago, quandow said:

I used to HATE Russian scuba beginning students. They never listened and wanted to go to the bottom of the ocean when they were required to stay at 6 meters then 12 meters during their intro dives. I would have to fight them, holding onto their tanks to keep them at the required depths.

EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

Yep - genetically programmed to be cannon fodder and head into the breech no matter what

7 hours ago, quandow said:

I used to HATE Russian scuba beginning students. They never listened and wanted to go to the bottom of the ocean when they were required to stay at 6 meters then 12 meters during their intro dives. I would have to fight them, holding onto their tanks to keep them at the required depths.

EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

Why holding on to them,if they wanted to go, let them go ???? . or else tie a rope so they can't go further down then the required depth.

4 hours ago, BestB said:

I was about to say. Here is the big slogan and yet i do not see an increase of Russians at all

Saying that, package tours to Thailand are cheaper than going to Crimea.

They get airfare, room and meals for 15 000 baht for 10 day trip, Thailand

I just spoke to a friend, currently in Phuket. She paid 72,000 roubles per person, which is around 34000 baht for her twenty eight day trip.

Her accommodation is certainly nothing special.

1 minute ago, JamJar said:

I just spoke to a friend, currently in Phuket. She paid 72,000 roubles per person, which is around 34000 baht for her ten day trip.

there are suckers everywhere, business need them

4 minutes ago, JamJar said:

I just spoke to a friend, currently in Phuket. She paid 72,000 roubles per person, which is around 34000 baht for her ten day trip.

Pattaya.  Ambassador hotel, 10 day trips 15000 baht , no idea about Phuket deals 

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

PHUKET: Thailand will be the most popular foreign destination for Russian

This for the crazy "normal" low money Russians 

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Russian’s own Sochi is the most popular domestic destination

This is for the rich Russians 

21 minutes ago, BestB said:

Yup noticed that, double the days double the amount . Now you try to get 28 day holiday in Thailand including meals, room and airfare for this price ????

Triple(almost) ???? 

They get breakfast included.

8 hours ago, chado said:

in Latin America americans, europeans and other "english speakers" can't speak a world of Spanish. 

miserable buggers.

What latin american people think of them -- go figure. ????

I speak English , Yo hablo español tambien. My Thai is reasonable too... But I'm not an English native speaker :biggrin:

This explains that.

(I should add I'm joking, otherwise ????)

Most of the Russians are well behaved people, they come with their families, and their men don't hang in night bars looking for a woman like so many  men from other European countries. The Thai visa forum have a significant numbers of haters posting their toxic views all the time, they don't accept what is  perceived not to belong to their civilization.

miserable buggers.

What latin american people think of them -- go figure. [emoji41]
That's not my experience. If you go to a resort sure but outside of there at least limited Spanish is expected. They know it's easy enough for English speakers.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, JamJar said:

I just spoke to a friend, currently in Phuket. She paid 72,000 roubles per person, which is around 34000 baht for her twenty eight day trip.

Yep, 28 days holiday for 34.000 thb, with flight and hotel is cheap. On peak season Europeans can pay 34k thb just for air fare. 

And 34k thb for 28 day vacation is same ball park as 15k thb for 10 day holiday. 

Archived