What Percentage of Western/Thai Marriages Work? I'll Bet It Is Very Low!

TonyClifton

Do you think Thai/Western marriages can ever work?  

228 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Sex in Thailand with women who have been bonked (or would not have issue being bonked) by hundreds of Arabs doesn't appeal to me. At all. 

As long as they're young and slim with a working womb, and free of any disease I don't want to catch, it doesn't bother me.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However, what about in the first year of the relationship when we were bonking 4 times a day? I mean I wasn't "paying for it" back then either. Surely there exist needy and pathetic men like myself who don't want to be in relationship for sex only, but would rather have companionship. 

I prefer companionship - even though I have a roll in the hay five or six times a month with her, nothing beats just hanging out these days.

Sex in Thailand with women who have been bonked (or would not have issue being bonked) by hundreds of Arabs doesn't appeal to me. At all. 

I have in the past 'bonked' a few very pretty ladies that did this and after you have done one of them, you can say the next 20 or so are no different.

Companionship has a better standing now and my wife can tell some almighty funny stories daily about local and international issues.

I am pretty happy. 

Frightened of the comparison?

Maybe already mentioned :

difficult to know, mostly we hear/read about the couples where it goes wrong.

Nobody is really interested in a story where everything is ok, so we rarely hear/read about the couples where it goes well.

I am married since 18+ years with a Thai lady, 23 years younger than myself ( I am 70 now ) 

Not always easy of course, but still satisfactory.

3 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

Perversion or ritual.  If it's British, then I'm sure it must be a perversion.

No, definitely a ritual, I'd even bet that you've performed it at least once in your life.

16 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

I have been disappointed more times from a good looking (Thai) hooker then from the wife. Comparisons always vary but not all that glitters is gold as they say... 

I think that my comment shot straight over your head. I meant, your performance being compared to the performance of hundreds of Arabs.

I've always found that men who would prefer to marry a vestal virgin, are frightened of their performance being compared to the performance of their future wives previous lovers.

Me, I prefer a woman with a bit of experience, less on the job training required.

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I think that my comment shot straight over your head. I meant, your performance being compared to the performance of hundreds of Arabs.

I've always found that men who would prefer to marry a vestal virgin, are frightened of their performance being compared to the performance of their future wives previous lovers.

Me, I prefer a woman with a bit of experience, less on the job training required.

Yeah, it went over my head. I am a bit slow ...

I do not mind my performance being questioned. Only makes you better if you get critiqued and not every performance gets a standing ovation!  Having a professional work on you is good for future transgressions. 

35 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

I have been disappointed more times from a good looking (Thai) hooker then from the wife. Comparisons always vary but not all that glitters is gold as they say... 

There are some Pattaya groups on FB where mongers post their catch of the day. About 5% of them are what would pass as pretty, however, I don't judge. What gets me is some people sayin' my wife must be ugly because I am not paying for it. Lolz and behold, I know this is Thailand, but out of the respect for the customers they should really offer at least partial refunds. I mean most of the guys just complain that bargirl falls asleep at their place.

16 minutes ago, Spidey said:

So, you say I must be afraid of some 70 year old guy who popped a pill on his Thailand vacation?

Or perhaps an Arab who paid a premium to discharge his insides on a hooker? Sure.... you can say I am afraid of that.

Whatever makes you feel better about your choices. 

On 1/6/2019 at 12:53 AM, TonyClifton said:

A very good point.  I hooked up with someone here for about 6 months.  Her native language was English.  It was a much more satisfying relationship because not only could we communicate better, we had more in common.  The mindless chit-chat gets boring quickly.  It's not always the language.  Some of these pretty women just have nothing going on upstairs.

You could say the same for lots of expat men as well! (Nothing going on upstairs)

52 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I mean most of the guys just complain that bargirl falls asleep at their place.

What gets me is some people sayin' my wife must be ugly

I've only had one disappointing 'sleepover' in the last ten years (and that was in the Philippines).

The Thai girls have all been fairly eager to fulfil their commitment, even if I'm so drunk I just want to fall asleep.

All wives become ugly if you keep them long enough, I can't say I've ever seen a wife I wanted after 4 years with her husband, some that started out pretty get ugly within a year.

@Spidey,

My performance doesn't matter, only my satisfaction, they can get their satisfaction later when they're shopping.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Spidey,

My performance doesn't matter, only my satisfaction, they can get their satisfaction later when they're shopping.

That's where we differ. I can only achieve "satisfaction" if the woman, even if it's only a one hour rental, achieves "satisfaction" first.

I'm sure that says something deep and meaningful about me but I have no clue what.

8 minutes ago, Spidey said:

That's where we differ. I can only achieve "satisfaction" if the woman, even if it's only a one hour rental, achieves "satisfaction" first.

I'm sure that says something deep and meaningful about me but I have no clue what.

Guess that means that for you the woman comes first ???? ....as indeed I am sure any Gentleman would agree.

On 1/6/2019 at 12:56 PM, TonyClifton said:

I'm not looking for the exception that proves the rule.  I'm looking for hard numbers.  I suspect that only a small percentage succeeds. Can anyone prove me to be wrong?

Let us into the secret ... Why do you want to know ... are you just 'kin bored so thought up this question

...thinking about getting married to a local or... have done it and it failed.

I have to agree if you cannot communicate well it can see it can be a big problem...been unable to express how you feel and be understood must be flustrating...

FYI MrsJ has been MrsJ for 17years now and for five of those we lived in the UK...

Her fault ...and it is a big one ...she nearly always shoots lower on the golf course than I do...

Best of luck with your interest...????

I have been here for years on and off. Here is a conversation I had with a good looking neighbor lady this morning.

She has a farang BF. I have heard similar stories like this before but I always get a kick out of it.

I asked her why she didn't marry her farang? Oh no she said, he has been here for a long time and has had a Thai wife that took all his money! House, car, and a lot of land.

Ok I asked so why do you not marry him? Her answer was you need to get them when they first arrive. Then they will spend their money on you. House, car, everything.

I know the guy she is living with and he has a few bucks, so I said he has some money what is the problem.

Her answer was, after they have been taken the first time they are not so free with their money. So, he is only here until I find a new fresh farang.  haha.  I swear I am telling you exactly what she told me.

So in my opinion the deck is stacked against you if you come and get hitched before you really know the gal and really understand the Thai way of thinking..

This gal is college educated. Pretty sharp gal that makes good money. I have found this to be the general mind set of Thai women that want a farang husband.

Archived