Dogs found tied and dumped on Army officer’s orders ‘now safe’

webfact

Dogs found tied and dumped on Army officer’s orders ‘now safe’

By The Nation

620e2ea7cbd3266a2c25dbcb22b5e5c9.jpeg

Photo from: Watchdog Thailand

Two dogs, who were left to suffer the hot sun for seven hours with their legs and mouths tied up and then dumped at a dumpsite in Lop Buri province on New Year’s eve on the orders of a senior military officer, are now safe, according to Watchdog Thailand (WDT).

4882d18f20eec8a656ae85f47b4b8083.jpeg

WDT said on its Facebook page that the unnamed officer had got angry because earlier that day, when he was on his morning bike exercise, he was troubled by the dogs. The dogs, which lived in the vicinity, reportedly chased him, so he ordered his subordinates to catch and punish them.

The dogs were tied and left in the hot sun until 4pm. Even as they were barely able to breathe, they were taken away to be discarded at a dumpsite about three kilometres from the base.

c6d5990a1ef4de6ed8b1e7e7e7f201b6.jpeg

WDT reported about the “most dismal animal abuse committed by the head soldier of a Military Base in Lop Buri” to the authorities at the dawn of the New Year. A private had exposed the Army men’s actions by posting about the abuse on social media.

67f307f0075a0d315107ff6adb811689.jpeg

This led to a search for the two dogs. One dog, named Thong Lai, was found last week while the other, named Dam Noi, was found on Sunday. 

WDT quoted the Royal Thai Army as reporting that the Army chief had instructed all agencies to desist from holding a press conference to argue the case.

d6ad33ace90cbe6e78de29f91ef6d827.jpeg

The Army also promised to protect the unnamed whistle-blower private and his family. Veterinarians were called in to check on and provide treatments to the two dogs, which were under the Army’s care, the WDT said.

573b58140fd3357100b18fe93f3e67da.jpeg

611fbeda5bf51169e93333626d94f17a.jpeg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30361699

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-07

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The Army also promised to protect the unnamed whistle-blower private and his family. Veterinarians were called in to check on and provide treatments to the two dogs, which were under the Army’s care, the WDT said.

Run for your life, whistle blower...... 

2 hours ago, JAG said:

Well I'm glad the dogs are safe. The same cannot be said about the whistle blower, I am certain...

I'm not sure how safe they are since they are under the care of the military.  Look at the bottom picture - no food or water in the cage. The dog is panting. no cover from the sun and obviously thirsty?   i agree the dog lover who could not justify in his mind the abuse, and reported the problem, will have to clean the general's garden with no toilet available.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

WDT quoted the Royal Thai Army as reporting that the Army chief had instructed all agencies to desist from holding a press conference to argue the case.

So much for freedom of the press. 

5 hours ago, JAG said:

Well I'm glad the dogs are safe. The same cannot be said about the whistle blower, I am certain...

There is a good chance that they will make him swallow his whistle, discreetly of course :sad:

Just reinforces that their decision makers in this country are still why thailand is a 3rd world country...

an emotional reaction to a decision should lose his current rank..and this is a man who is going to lead men and women into battle?

incompetent to lead....and what’s worse is there will be no accountability for his poor decision......so nothing changes 

anyone want to bet he didn’t earn his ranking based on merit and accomplishments?

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Just reinforces that their decision makers in this country are still why thailand is a 3rd world country...

an emotional reaction to a decision should lose his current rank..and this is a man who is going to lead men and women into battle?

incompetent to lead....and what’s worse is there will be no accountability for his poor decision......so nothing changes 

anyone want to bet he didn’t earn his ranking based on merit and accomplishments?

Connections and a nice fat brown envelope is much more likely. Not that I'm saying the army is corrupt or anything... nonononono this sort of misunderstanding can happen anywhere... more-or-less.

32 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

There are sprays that repel dogs. Senior Officer needs psychiatric help. Reporting soldier needs quick release from Army.

LOL. Sounds about right. The psychiatric help bit anyway, though there's sod all psychiatric help in Thailand that's worth a damn. Better to use the spray to get rid of the officer.

Archived