Britons would now vote to stay in EU, want second referendum: poll

webfact

Morning fellow Brits and Europeans cold and clear day back in Blighty Nearly there now - one last push and then Vive L'Europe.....weasel words from Hunt here the pols can't bring themselves to admit we're staying in so all this theatre is necessary to show the electorate ....not me mate...., tried our best ....where have all the latest Leave memes gone - I miss Nauseous's latest facebook art....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/11/uk-faces-prospect-of-no-brexit-if-may-deal-rejected-says-hunt

Edited by beautifulthailand99

16 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Morning fellow Brits and Europeans cold and clear day back in Blighty Nearly there now - one last push and then Vive L'Europe.....weasel words from Hunt here the pols can't bring themselves to admit we're staying in so all this theatre is necessary to show the electorate ....not me mate...., tried our best ....where have all the latest Leave memes gone - I miss Nauseous's latest facebook art....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/11/uk-faces-prospect-of-no-brexit-if-may-deal-rejected-says-hunt

Has anyone here like Hunt?

Edited by Grouse

8 minutes ago, Jim1000 said:

Grouse , we may be kilometers , sorry  furlongs apart , politically but this is just to let you know that my hopes and prayers  are with in your quest to get 10,900 posts .  !

And all on one topic! Billy no mates indeed ????????

16 minutes ago, balo said:

I'm sorry to hear the British people are not interested in independence.  Winston Churchill would be supporting Theresa May for sure. 

'No Man is an Island'
No man is an island entire of itself; every man 
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; 
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe 
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as 
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine 
own were; any man's death diminishes me, 
because I am involved in mankind. 
And therefore never send to know for whom 
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

One last push? Are you giving birth?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

'No Man is an Island'
No man is an island entire of itself; every man 
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; 
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe 
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as 
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine 
own were; any man's death diminishes me, 
because I am involved in mankind. 
And therefore never send to know for whom 
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. 

Well there's a few clods on here that need washing away. 

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

It's a reality canonball from a lady sized crack - I do it selflessly and all for the 50 baht pound. We shall all cheer that glorious day. Then let's aim for 55.......

As disgusting as first thought. For 55+ you will have to wait for the next Asian financial crisis. And for your hangover to dissipate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Tell that to Trump. I deleted it after 2 weeks.

Twitter is brilliant if used in proper way. Loads of funny stuff around. Sometime more serious discussions as well. 

Do take a joke, in a good way, every now and then.

5 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Hedge Fund manager and Brexit supporter Crispin Odey placing big bets on the pound ... due to the likelihood of Brexit being cancelled.

:cheesy:

Don't be popping any corks. It's still all to play for out there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joinaman said:

i remember the miners taunting the police with bottles in their face too

i remember sp called miners stopping the country from working, each time they wanted  big pay rises

i remember when Labour proposed  and carried out the closing of lots of mine too

i remember miners being led by a certain Mr Scargill, who lied to his union members 

i remember miners being told they making it uneconomical for us pt purchase UK coal, but chose to ignore it

i remember miners saying nobody should work in such conditions below ground, but when they got the chance to stop, theru complained about that too

And yes i'm from the north, from mining areas, but who decided from young age that i would learn a skilled trade rather than be a tunnel rat

I've seen video film of police chasing and beating miners with truncheons.

Some people found alternative work to coal mining who lived in mining areas but most could not, it was where they had lived their lives and where their roots were. In a mining community all work was centred around mining and any industry associated with it. There was very little else.

Depriving a working man of his livelihood in a job or a trade he has been in all his life is going to cause anger, bitterness and hatred. It's human nature. The same as building workers who have been put on the scrap heap by Eastern European scab workers. But a lot of our own people of the liberal persuasion can't get their heads round that. Nor can those devoid of any loyalty to their fellow countrymen.

Is it acceptable to refer to miners as 'tunnel rats"? I've met a few ex English, Scottish and Welsh miners in my time and I have never heard them refer to themselves in that way. I doubt any coal miner would appreciate being called a tunnel rat. I dunno if I'm on the wrong track here but it sounds as if you don't have much time for miners. The ones I've met have been seemed decent, down to earth blokes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Some people found alternative work to coal mining who lived in mining areas but most could not, it was where they had lived their lives and where their roots were. In a mining community all work was centred around mining and any industry associated with it. There was very little else.

Evolution and adaptation in social environments. 

There has been a lot of works and tasks in the pasts, which doesn't make sense in today's world. One can stay and complain how everything was better in the past, or one can move on, learn new skills and adapt to the situation. 

The same applies to societies. If a city council or a parliament of the country are wise and forward thinking enough, they'll understand the problems ahead and steer their communities towards better future. This has happened and is happening in many countries, all the time. 

14 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I've seen video film of police chasing and beating miners with truncheons.

Depriving a working man of his livelihood in a job or a trade he has been in all his life is going to cause anger, bitterness and hatred. It's human nature. The same as building workers who have been put on the scrap heap by Eastern European scab workers. But a lot of our own people of the liberal persuasion can't get their heads round that. Nor can those devoid of any loyalty to their fellow countrymen.

Is it acceptable to refer to miners as 'tunnel rats"? I've met a few ex English, Scottish and Welsh miners in my time and I have never heard them refer to themselves in that way. I doubt any coal miner would appreciate being called a tunnel rat. I dunno if I'm on the wrong track here but it sounds as if you don't have much time for miners. The ones I've met have been seemed decent, down to earth blokes.

Remain scum love saying people should retrain, up skill to compete in the market all sounds good unless your the poor sucker having to do it. Building trades are SKILLED professions it takes years to get qualified and proficient however when you've got Eastern Europeans coming over living in shared houses to keep their living costs down it drives down the wages. It's not too bad at the minute as wages have gone up since the referendum, but during the financial crisis it was definitely noticeable.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chartist said:

Remain scum love saying people should retrain, up skill to compete in the market all sounds good unless your the poor sucker having to do it. Building trades are SKILLED professions it takes years to get qualified and proficient however when you've got Eastern Europeans coming over living in shared houses to keep their living costs down it drives down the wages. It's not too bad at the minute as wages have gone up since the referendum, but during the financial crisis it was definitely noticeable.

What alternative world do you come from? It's big business and their Tory enablers who preach about how workers must upgrade their education and have only themselves to blame for their present wretched condition. And since it's the Tories who overwhelmingly back Brexit it's actually Brexit scum who are blaming working class people.

As for your economically clueless comment about lower wages during the economic crisis, do you think possibly that it's that very economic crisis that might have had just a little something to do with that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chartist said:

Remain scum? Is that the same, but a tad worse saying as Remoaner?

I don't know if you have a minimum salary in UK, but perhaps you should have?

The European workers live in shared houses, to keep their living costs down, that's true. They do so that they could save as much money as possible.

That should be a good thing for you. If they share apartments, then they are not renting so many apartments and therefore they help to keep the rents lower.. which benefits you personally... if you are a poor sucker without skills. 

7 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Incorrect...

LibDems, SNP, DUP, PC, the Green Party all of whom have representation in the commons favor remain.

The only party that is pro Brexit is UKIP as far as I know... now a dead duck in British politics.

Labour and the Tories are so divided on Brexit that any General Election in the near future will not be good for either party.

what is PC, apart from politically correct?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Basil B said:

And I am looking forward to the value of my pension pot recovering when the value of British companies recover after this Brexit farce is finally killed off (probably next Friday when May writes to Tusk withdrawing Article 50)

on another thread, the user @oilinki just pointed out

that there is a piece of statute in UK saying that UK will leave EU on 29/3

can A50 just be withdrawn like snap?

what does the text of statute allow for?