Britons would now vote to stay in EU, want second referendum: poll

webfact

2 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

My point stands. The crowd were selected, not random. If you put a microphone in front of ten people who support leave they will give you a leave view, and vice versa. It says nothing about how young people will vote in a second referendum. The younger you are the more likely you would support Remain

Jon Snow thought same until last week ????

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Everyone with a serious interest in Brexit MUST watch today's Andrew Marr. May's Brexit secretary (who?), Vince Cable and Corbyn subjected to grilling. Corbyn mentions remain! Biggest parliamentary issues since 1940! Exciting times!  ????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bz3jb5

We don't have anything to worry about Grouse; This ensures we leave on WTO terms on 29 March if Corbyn pulls the trigger as expected this week:

Story today is Ministers are pleading with (Tory) MP's to vote in favor with the PM's option, with predictions of her losing by over 200 votes I am sure the remainers may well abstain or even vote with the oppression on a no confidence vote unless plan B is a referendum or withdrawal of Article 50.

46 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Our getting involved with European affairs covers our getting involved in WW2 just as much as getting involved with the EU. They're linked and our involvement in the war could have been avoided if we had adopted a more sensible strategy.

WW2 cost us an arm and a leg and our involvement with the EU is doing the same albeit on a smaller scale.

The EU was a direct consequence of WW2 whether you consider it to be so or not. That's just your opinion.

Good night Yogi

12 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Indeed you could be; which is why I said "Unless you are in your 80s...…"

If you are, then your ignorance of 20th century British history and the events leading up to and during the Second World War is completely baffling.

Thats really none of your business and nothing do with the topic being discussed. I could be in my 60s or I could be 100. It's totally irrelevant and nothing to do with you so have some manners.

If you are, then your ignorance of 20th century British history and the events leading up to and during the Second World War is completely baffling.

That's just another claim on your part that's totally bereft of evidence. What have I said that's baffling or ignorant. I've made enough posts you must be able to put your finger on something somewhere.

8 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Story today is Ministers are pleading with (Tory) MP's to vote in favor with the PM's option, with predictions of her losing by over 200 votes I am sure the remainers may well abstain or even vote with the oppression on a no confidence vote unless plan B is a referendum or withdrawal of Article 50.

I neither want or expect her vote to succeed on Tues.

4 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Ethnic cleansing of English people in London.

White English people simply do not get housed in London boroughs. Waiting list are often 20 years long and immigrants go to the top of the list. I live there and it's decades since I've seen someone get council housing. That amounts to ethnic cleansing whether you care to admit it or not.

White English people do get social housing in all London boroughs; as several friends of mine can testify! 

Immigrants do not go to the top of the list as social housing is one of the many public funds which they are banned from receiving until they have lived here for at least 5 years and have ILR.

7 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Everything you've written about the Second World War (my dad, who volunteered in 1939, would be turning in his grave to read such tosh from someone claiming to be British).

Millions of men would be turning in their graves if they could see what's become of the country they once called their own including my own father and his brothers who all had to join up whether they wanted to or not. In fact all my forebears would be turning in their graves including the women. All the menfolk had to serve in the war, your father was just one of 5 million and truth be known he'd probably be just as disgusted as many Englishmen are who've seen what's become of the place.

That may be what you and your mates believe; but go to any Legion or ex Servicemen's club and ask; you'll be given a different story.

8 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Yaxley-Lennon being responsible for the exposure and arrest of grooming gangs.

Name one other person who brought the matter of the Rape Gangs to the public attention as much as TR apart possibly Nick Griffin of the BNP.

These creatures were not styling the girls hair nor painting their nails they were drugging them up, getting them drunk, passing them round to their cohorts and putting them on the game when they'd finished with them, that's not 'grooming' that's rape and many people regard Tommy as a hero for his part in the world wide exposure of this filthy affair and the vermin who committed these atrocious crimes because that is what they were. 

Yaxley-Lennon (tell us, why does he need so many aliases?) neither exposed nor brought any grooming scandal to the public attention. Neither did Griffin.

It was whistleblowers in various social service departments, such as Jayne Seymour in Rotherham, who are the heroes for exposing this scandal.

All the convicted violent thug and fraudster Yaxley-Lennon does is use the suffering of the victims to promote his own agenda. 

You may think trading on the suffering of innocents for self promotion to be acceptable; most people find it abhorrent.

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Ethnic cleansing of English people in London.

White English people simply do not get housed in London boroughs. Waiting list are often 20 years long and immigrants go to the top of the list. I live there and it's decades since I've seen someone get council housing. That amounts to ethnic cleansing whether you care to admit it or not.

Everything you've written about the Second World War (my dad, who volunteered in 1939, would be turning in his grave to read such tosh from someone claiming to be British).

Millions of men would be turning in their graves if they could see what's become of the country they once called their own including my own father and his brothers who all had to join up whether they wanted to or not. In fact all my forebears would be turning in their graves including the women. All the menfolk had to serve in the war, your father was just one of 5 million and truth be known he'd probably be just as disgusted as many Englishmen are who've seen what's become of the place.

Yaxley-Lennon being responsible for the exposure and arrest of grooming gangs.

Name one other person who brought the matter of the Rape Gangs to the public attention as much as TR apart possibly Nick Griffin of the BNP.

These creatures were not styling the girls hair nor painting their nails they were drugging them up, getting them drunk, passing them round to their cohorts and putting them on the game when they'd finished with them, that's not 'grooming' that's rape and many people regard Tommy as a hero for his part in the world wide exposure of this filthy affair and the vermin who committed these atrocious crimes because that is what they were. 

My father volunteered to fight in the British Army (6th Airborne) in WW2 and he wasn't even British!

He would most certainly be turning in his grave to hear you lauding the praises of Nick Griffin and Tommy Robinson, just the sort of people that he put his life on the line to rid this country and the world of.

Nick Griffin, unashamed Facist and Neo Nazi and Tommy Robinson (real name Steven Yaxley-Lennon), a violent little thug and wifebeater with a long criminal record, mostly for crimes not associated with his activism. Lazy little toerag who has never done a days work in his life but makes serious money from his YouTube channel.

Check his criminal record out here:https://www.the-round.co.uk/charges-on-tommy-robinson-rap-sheet/

I really feel sorry for anyone who looks up to this racist little scumbag.

7 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Thats really none of your business and nothing do with the topic being discussed. I could be in my 60s or I could be 100. It's totally irrelevant and nothing to do with you so have some manners.

Attempting to see if there is any veracity to you claims; of course if you don't want to answer, that's up to you.

8 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

That's just another claim on your part that's totally bereft of evidence. What have I said that's baffling or ignorant. I've made enough posts you must be able to put your finger on something somewhere.

The evidence of your ignorance of 20th century British history and the events leading up to and during the Second World War is contained in your posts on the subject; which contain little factual substance, if any.

This is not the place to educate you on the subject; so I direct you to the many books and other resources on the subject. 

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Tommy Robinson (real name Steven Yaxley-Lennon)

Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon's other aliases include: Andrew McMaster, Paul Harris and Wayne King.

UKIP is hardly a politically correct, pro immigration party; but from Yaxley-Lennon's Wikipedia page

Many longstanding prominent UKIP members resigned from the party in response to Robinson's appointment, including:

• Former economics spokesperson Patrick O'Flynn, an MEP, left UKIP on 27 November saying Batten was changing UKIP "without any mandate from the membership or the party’s elected ruling body" and "many longstanding party members have already left as a result".[137]
  • Former deputy chairperson Suzanne Evans left on 3 December, accusing Batten and Robinson of a "Momentum-style takeover" aimed at making UKIP "a successor to the BNP".[138]
  • Nigel Farage, an MEP who led the party for many years, left on 4 December saying Robinson's "entourage includes violent criminals and ex-BNP members"[139] who cause "scuffles" and "violence" with many having "criminal records, some pretty serious".[140]
  • Welsh MEP Nathan Gill left on 6 December saying UKIP "has left me" and "betrayed its members, Brexiteers and the British people".[141]
  • Scottish leader and MEP David Coburn left on 7 December "with great sadness" because UKIP had been "infiltrated by people with an alternative agenda".[142]
  • Former leader Paul Nuttall, an MEP, left the party on 7 December calling the appointment a "catastrophic error" which "will simply appall many moderate Brexit voters".[143]
  • Former health spokesperson Julia Reid, an MEP, left on 8 December because the party "seems to have lost its way".[144]
  • Energy spokesperson and MEP Jonathan Bullock left on 9 December, saying Robinson's appointment "breaks [UKIP's] constitution which proscribes discrimination on grounds of religion" and "the contract with MEPs, and the party members has thus been broken".[145]

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Attempting to see if there is any veracity to you claims; of course if you don't want to answer, that's up to you.

The evidence of your ignorance of 20th century British history and the events leading up to and during the Second World War is contained in your posts on the subject; which contain little factual substance, if any.

This is not the place to educate you on the subject; so I direct you to the many books and other resources on the subject. 

Why don't you write a couple of paragraphs informing me of where I've gone wrong and why.  You just read the post and tell me about the mistakes I've made and how I've displayed ignorance. it will take you five minutes.

I'll be truthful with you I'm unlikely to read any books you may 'direct' me to. I've probably read 'em anyway. If I advised you to go and read a certain book on a subject you'd probably tell me to get stuffed. These forums don't work like that.

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Why don't you write a couple of paragraphs informing me of where I've gone wrong and why.  You just read the post and tell me about the mistakes I've made and how I've displayed ignorance. it will take you five minutes.

I'll be truthful with you I'm unlikely to read any books you may 'direct' me to. I've probably read 'em anyway. If I advised you to go and read a certain book on a subject you'd probably tell me to get stuffed. These forums don't work like that.

How about getting back on topic instead of giving this lot the ammunition they so crave?

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Because, as I've already said, all of it is wrong!

As to why you went wrong, I'm assuming it's down to ignorance rather than a deliberate attempt by you to distort history; but only you know for sure.

5 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I'll be truthful with you I'm unlikely to read any books you may 'direct' me to. I've probably read 'em anyway. If I advised you to go and read a certain book on a subject you'd probably tell me to get stuffed. These forums don't work like that

I deliberately did not direct you to any specific book so you could not use this sad argument; but you did anyway.

There are countless books on the causes of the Second World War, and even more on the events during; from personal accounts to scholarly articles. Take your pick.

4 minutes ago, evadgib said:

How about getting back on topic instead of giving this lot the ammunition they so crave?

If Yogi100 hadn't started posting rubbish about the War and also about Yaxley-Lennon, we wouldn't have been dragged down this diversion.

But diverting people from the unpalatable truths about Brexit is a typical Brexiteer tactic.

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

I'm replying to 'em. It's what happens on an internet forum.

If someone considers certain posts are off topic or uninteresting it's their choice whether or not to read them read them. Some peoples' lives revolve around these matters mine usually doesn't but I'm going to stand up for what my beliefs are when I consider it necessary.

I'll call it a day when I think we've spent enough time going round in circles. We all get dizzy eventually.

29 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I neither want or expect her vote to succeed on Tues.

No but you are in a very small minority wanting a no deal Brexit, when the TM deal is buried on Tuesday (if she does not concede before and calls the vote off), will leave only two options, yours I doubt you will find even 100 MP's willing to support a no deal exit. there will be no time left for anything else other than withdrawing Article 50.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:53 PM, Joinaman said:

i remember miners being led by a certain Mr Scargill, who lied to his union members 

Scargill  had his  bully boys , intimidating the  miners against industrial action,  i should  know.

The  decision to  strike ,  was  undemocratic .

The  power  struggle  between  Scaggy and Maggy , was a personal vendetta .

Yes , i saw police  using  their battons , on peaceful  demonstrations , uncalled for .

How  many salary  increase / perks were given by Thatcher to her  Police bull boys .

Sadly , all this  was at the  exspense of our  now extinct  coal mining communities.

We  have  coal reserves , waiting  to  be mined,  seems it is  cheaper to import, from Poland.

and keep  our men on the  dole , and young people training as part time sandwhich makers.

BTtopic , imo  , madam Mayhem , will call the vote off again ,

simpley , not in the best interests, of the country .{ democracy }

It's astonishing and sad that some people seem to equate the current German government and the EU with Hitler's Nazis. Petty nationalism is on the rise again and it's organisations like the EU that are the best defence against this evil. David Cameron has much to answer for.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's astonishing and sad that some people seem to equate the current German government and the EU with Hitler's Nazis. Petty nationalism is on the rise again and it's organisations like the EU that are the best defence against thus evil. David Cameron has much to answer for.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brexiteers getting desperate...

8 minutes ago, Basil B said:

No but you are in a very small minority wanting a no deal Brexit, when the TM deal is buried on Tuesday (if she does not concede before and calls the vote off), will leave only two options, yours I doubt you will find even 100 MP's willing to support a no deal exit. there will be no time left for anything else other than withdrawing Article 50.

I have already explained how that may not happen.

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's astonishing and sad that some people seem to equate the current German government and the EU with Hitler's Nazis. Petty nationalism is on the rise again and it's organisations like the EU that are the best defence against this evil. David Cameron has much to answer for.

I love Germany and the people, having served and lived there for years.

26 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

If Yogi100 hadn't started posting rubbish about the War and also about Yaxley-Lennon, we wouldn't have been dragged down this diversion.

But diverting people from the unpalatable truths about Brexit is a typical Brexiteer tactic.

- We weren't.

- You forgot the goat ????

Related image

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon's other aliases include: Andrew McMaster, Paul Harris and Wayne King.

UKIP is hardly a politically correct, pro immigration party; but from Yaxley-Lennon's Wikipedia page

UKIP ,   wasnt  that  the  foggy  farage party ?,  and  JO BOnkers ,,  whatever  happened  to those pair of chancers ?.

Probably,  been given gongs , for time wasted 

3 hours ago, Chartist said:

Man this is why I hate you idiots so much, you obviously know absolutely nothing but you've gone on google come up with a couple of charts that you think support your point. Not knowing that a steady rate of inflation is good for the economy and mislabeling it as 3% even though the chart YOU posted shows it's lower.

The UK is not a resource poor country we get most of our oil from our North Sea fields.

No one cares how many pineapples you can buy in Thailand your analogy is childish, patronising and well just plain wrong. UK manufacturers may have to pay more for materials they import but the 20% reduction in the exchange rate makes their products more attractively priced for the export market, this is supported by the UK's increased manufacturing PMI i.e actual data.

Unfortunately I have to tell you, and it does not need any idiotic Insults, that you have no idea about economics.
That the Uk is an energy self-sufficient country, is currently nonsense.
Since 2004, the UK has been a net importer of Energy.
And sorry, that pineapple example was for 4 graders.
And I'm not sure if you understand that, because you're right on the export side,
but the UK imports more than it exports!
Are you aware of that?

UKimports3.png

UKimports.png

UKimports2.png

Archived