Britons would now vote to stay in EU, want second referendum: poll

webfact

6 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I’m sure Brexiteers would love it there; manipulated votes and large scale misinformation all the time and people are made to believe that’s democracy. Plus, in Venezuela you also get the wrecked economy you’re working so hard to achieve. 

The UK economy is booming since we voted to leave, the increase in the FTSE shows companies are investing in the UK in anticipation of us opening g up our economy to trade with the rest of the world, not shackled to the decaying, bureaucratic EU. The future is bright one day you'll thank us for our foresight, and hey we've preserved your right to vote and have a say in your future, we've basically saved democracy, despite the best efforts of idiots like you, I'm so proud to call myself a Brexiteer!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chartist said:

The UK economy is booming since we voted to leave, the increase in the FTSE shows companies are investing in the UK in anticipation of us opening g up our economy to trade with the rest of the world, not shackled to the decaying, bureaucratic EU. The future is bright one day you'll thank us for our foresight, and hey we've preserved your right to vote and have a say in your future, we've basically saved democracy, despite the best efforts of idiots like you, I'm so proud to call myself a Brexiteer!

The UA economy is booming? As we native speakers of English know, a booming economy is one that is growing vigorously. The UK's GDP growth trailed the EU since Brexit. So does that mean the EU economy has been booming even more?

EU

European Union GDP Annual Growth Rate

https://tradingeconomics.com/european-union/gdp-annual-growth-rate

UK

United Kingdom GDP Annual Growth Rate

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/gdp-growth-annual

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Chartist said:

1. Why insult others who have a different opinion?
2. BTW the UK is still in the EU!
3. How good is a British pound Investment, when the currency has lost around 20% of his
purchasing power internationally since Brexit?
4. Unsteady insults without sound economic knowledge pull the quality of a forum down unfortunately.

wk1.png

Edited by tomacht8

13 minutes ago, Chartist said:

The UK is still in the EU so our booming economy is obviously pushing up their figures, take out the positive growth of the UK and their chart wouldn't look as impressive.

Please share your analysis with us. Would love to see it. 

Because...

F420982D-B173-4232-9B85-D0C3B07D803D.png

Edited by welovesundaysatspace

20 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

1. Why insult others who have a different opinion?
2. BTW the UK is still in the EU!
3. How good is a British pound Investment, when the currency has lost around 20% of his
purchasing power internationally since Brexit?
4. Unsteady insults without sound economic knowledge pull the quality of a forum down unfortunately.

wk1.png

1) Because remainers have been using insults and condescension for the last two years I've tried having reasonable debates but they always follow the same tactics. To me now it's far more than a difference of opinion I dislike them on a fundamental level.

2) I know the UK is still in the EU, remainers said we'd be in a recession should we vote leave and foreign investment would dry up, we're not and it hasn't. 

3) A lower currency is a double edged sword at best, it's good for the manufacturing sector, the 20% decrease in the £ would more than offset the 3% tariff should we go to WTO rules. Inflation is inline with the BOE's target and no ones worried about the £ other than hysterical remainers because it's the only thing they can point to that Brexit has had an effect on. 

4) The unsteady insults without sound economic knowledge come almost entirely from the remain side, seriously just look at this thread. Just yesterday one guy was saying the FTSE had crashed since the referendum, it's actually higher. Another idiot pointed out the FTSE was lower than it was in 1999, may be so but what's that got to do with Brexit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chartist said:

1) Because remainers have been using insults and condescension for the last two years I've tried having reasonable debates but they always follow the same tactics. To me now it's far more than a difference of opinion I dislike them on a fundamental level.

2) I know the UK is still in the EU, remainers said we'd be in a recession should we vote leave and foreign investment would dry up, we're not and it hasn't. 

3) A lower currency is a double edged sword at best, it's good for the manufacturing sector, the 20% decrease in the £ would more than offset the 3% tariff should we go to WTO rules. Inflation is inline with the BOE's target and no ones worried about the £ other than hysterical remainers because it's the only thing they can point to that Brexit has had an effect on. 

4) The unsteady insults without sound economic knowledge come almost entirely from the remain side, seriously just look at this thread. Just yesterday one guy was saying the FTSE had crashed since the referendum, it's actually higher. Another idiot pointed out the FTSE was lower than it was in 1999, may be so but what's that got to do with Brexit. 

It's not lower than any point in 1999. It seems that he just chose the (late) 1999 index value as it was just before the dot com bubble burst and crashed all the markets. More false drama from a Rabid Remoaner!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chartist said:

The increase in FTSE? 100?

Go on then, give us an analysis ????

• Haha 1

Just now, welovesundaysatspace said:

What “EU bit” do you need when talking about “the increase in the FTSE“? 

Why compare the FTSE to a global market index then? A lot of snow in Europe at the moment but nothing compared to what's drifting about here.

9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

So what? Where's the EU bit?

Exactly he's comparing UK growth to world growth, the UK is a developed economy of course it's growing slower than the rest of the world which encompasses the likes of India and China. It's just another example of a remainer without sound economic knowledge trying to trash the UK.

29 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Why compare the FTSE to a global market index then? A lot of snow in Europe at the moment but nothing compared to what's drifting about here.

Someone talked about the “increase of the FTSE” so I posted a chart of the FTSE growth. Maybe you should focus on that one first. 

As a second step you could then see whether any increase or decrease is in line with how the whole world develops. But, yes, it’s not necessary to check the claimed “increase of the FTSE”. 

27 minutes ago, Chartist said:

Exactly he's comparing UK growth to world growth, the UK is a developed economy of course it's growing slower than the rest of the world which encompasses the likes of India and China. It's just another example of a remainer without sound economic knowledge trying to trash the UK.

No, the MSCI World doesn’t include India and China or “the likes of India and China”. Next time you’re trying to mock other people make sure you’re not the one “without sound economic knowledge”. Makes you look less stupid in the end. (Applies for your other statements as well, of course, which also didn’t exactly look like “sound economic knowledge” as other have already shown you). 

C290CCE3-C934-4315-B397-D6AF03C855B2.jpeg

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Someone talked about the “increase of the FTSE” so I posted a chart of the FTSE growth. Maybe you should focus on that one first. 

As a second step you could then see whether any increase or decrease is in line with how the whole world develops. But, yes, it’s not necessary to check the claimed “increase of the FTSE”. 

No, the MSCI World doesn’t include India and China or “the likes of India and China”. Next time you’re trying to mock other people make sure you’re not the one “without sound economic knowledge”. Makes you look less stupid in the end. 

C290CCE3-C934-4315-B397-D6AF03C855B2.jpeg

You posted a chart of the FTSE against a global index. What has this to do with a Brexit thread? Clutching at straws again. Pah!

10 hours ago, yogi100 said:

and this clown scapegoats Muslims and immigrants

He does not scapegoat immigrants, he's the son of Irish immigrants himself neither is he scapegoating Muslims.-

Below is the definition of a scapegoat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCAPEGOAT | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing up for thousands of child rape victims and expressing a desire and fighting for justice against those rapists is not scapegoating. He wants that justice for the culprits so should you.

It makes me wonder why an Englishman should take the side of these culprits over that of a brave man who fights for the victims of these creatures rather than applauds someone like TR who has suffered at the hands of some of these rapists' henchmen on several occasions.

He doesn't care a jot about rape victims, he only cares about finding out Muslims doing something bad and then tarring every Muslim with the same brush. The jails are heaving with white christian nonces, and Tommy Islam couldn't give a toss about them ... he's only interested in Muslims doing wrong. He's done nothing for any of those girls ... he's just using them to further his own bigoted ends.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You posted a chart of the FTSE against a global index. What has this to do with a Brexit thread? Clutching at straws again. Pah!

I posted a chart of the FYSE in response to someone else (a Brexiteer). So if you want to know what “this [has] to do with a Brexit thread”, maybe you should direct your “Clutching at straws again” toward that person. Pah!

10 hours ago, yogi100 said:

You have still avoided the question of HOW he would have got round to us eventually had we kept out of the war. The Soviet Union was his main target any way for more Lebensraum (living space) for the citizens of the 3rd Reich he hoped to create. He had no plans to wage war against us nor the French. He only retaliated when we declared war on him

I've politely told you how he could not have 'got around to us' now you tell me how he could have and while you're at it tell me how I'm deluded.

Come on you're the clever, well educated Remainer here while I'm just an under educated 'blue collar' worker as someone on here described me. Please help me out and explain where I've got it wrong in terms that I can understand.

Just accusing me of being deluded means nothing and just does not cut it as far as I'm concerned. I want and need your guidance and the benefit of your knowledge and education not accusations of delusion or insults. Come on I've been polite to you so tell me in detail how I've got it wrong.

Forget the Japs and the Yanks for a bit that was 18 months later, lets just concentrate on Europe for the time being.

Let's do it a bit at a time. For a start how would he have got across the channel? 

How would he have over come the RAF and the RN because that would have been necessary to even consider attempting the crossing.

You want me to offer you a scenario that never happened, and never can be proved? An unprovable scenario? Maybe Churchill would have invented a unicorn that destroyed the Third Reich or Tommy Islam's grandad would have taken on the panzer division with a crew of fellow bigots?

If you believe that Britain could have won that war without assistance from the US and Russia then you keep on dreaming ... but don't ask me to go down that rabbit hole with you, with my tin foil hat on, playing war-games like an 8 year old. Pointless. 

You're exactly how I imagine a Brexit supporter. Harking on about war victories of the past that where down to luck and the help of others ... and thinking that England is somehow exceptional, instead of what it really is, just another country in the world.

Edited by AlexRich
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I don't see what's wrong with this comparison. The Financial Times, which is not illegitimate on such matters, also thinks it's a relevant comparison. It uses it, for example in this article, which confirms with different indicators that the economy is not booming since the referendum.

https://www.ft.com/content/cf51e840-7147-11e7-93ff-99f383b09ff9

Edited by candide

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

After all the remainer loaded political TV debates now you use the term "hand picked" for this one. What a crock. This is the one that you didn't watch and probably only had a glance at just now. 

It wasn't an audience of young people randomly selected off the street ... they were all active in one way or another ... hand picked, put up to go to the studio and articulate a view. Case rests.

3 hours ago, Chartist said:

So the best argument you have for staying in the EU is we're already in it? That's a pretty crap argument 

Simple argument. Extolling the virtues of the UK economy in a post overlooks the fact that that economy has been and currently is built up within the EU. We haven't left the EU, so any claims on economic strength is supportive of our membership.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, candide said:

I don't see what's wrong with this comparison. The Financial Times, which is not illegitimate on such matters, also thinks it's a relevant comparison. It uses it, for example in this article, which confirms with different indicators that the economy is not booming since the referendum.

https://www.ft.com/content/cf51e840-7147-11e7-93ff-99f383b09ff9

I didn't say the UK economy was booming. I asked why this chart was put up here on a UK/EU topic? Why not put an EU index instead?   

6 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

It wasn't an audience of young people randomly selected off the street ... they were all active in one way or another ... hand picked, put up to go to the studio and articulate a view. Case rests.

And you can support this "hand picked" claim nonsense? Case adjourned pending new evidence.

It was said above that after UK voted leave the UK economy has been booming

if that is so, maybe you should leave more frequently,

Leave Nato

WTO

WIPO

WHO

Council of Europe

IMO

UPU

ILO

EBU

WMO

UNDP

UNESCO

you just might end up rich

2 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

It was said above that after UK voted leave the UK economy has been booming

if that is so, maybe you should leave more frequently,

Leave Nato

WTO

WIPO

WHO

Council of Europe

IMO

UPU

ILO

EBU

WMO

UNDP

UNESCO

you just might end up rich

Calm down. Calm down. One at a time. EU first!

• Haha 2