CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

9 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

The Keeping it Simple proviso now does not seem so simple=

-If one makes 12 transfers per year- each month- there are 12 entries in the Passbook the IO is going to look at.  However, if one is making more than 12 at various amounts based on income there maybe many items-  the IO will allegedly- add them all up- check the coding- possibly check the Bank letter which apparently verifies the account is open and is true.

Then there is the coding on each transfer- it appears each bank has its own codes- not only FTT and each transfer even if international may not be coded as such and then there is the Transferwise conundrum- will an Imm Officer want to look through not only 12 transfers (or more) add them all up-and then look through the  documentation- another 12 sheets of paper proving  there were indeed 12  international transfers.

Even if there is a hundred transactions in a month for a bank account, it takes only a single keystroke to show all the foreign transactions in it with an accumulated total.

10 minutes ago, farangx said:

Even if there is a hundred transactions in a month for a bank account, it takes only a single keystroke to show all the foreign transactions in it with an accumulated total.

Only  if you hit that keystroke and shows  the balance on your account summary- seems like alot of paperwork to go thru. 

I can show 3 pieces of paper and prove I have 65K as income each month and bring that much into Thailand without doing any bank transfers. The reason they don't want that is they really don't care about  income- and I doubt in the end they really won't care about source of money in bank nor how it got there.

14 minutes ago, farangx said:

I'll take your word for that as when I visited SCB to try to find out whether my 'income' is shown as international transfers - the lady didn't understand (or care) what I was talking about.

To be fair, when I tried to make it more obvious by pointing at my last 'income' - she printed out a page that did prove it to be a swift transfer from abroad.

Hopefully, the banks will over the coming months realise the new 'proof of income' regulations, that necessitate proving that the income comes from abroad, and it will be far easier.

10 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Only  if you hit that keystroke and shows  the balance on your account summary- seems like alot of paperwork to go thru. 

I can show 3 pieces of paper and prove I have 65K as income each month and bring that much into Thailand without doing any bank transfers. The reason they don't want that is they really don't care about  income- and I doubt in the end they really won't care about source of money in bank nor how it got there.

Oh, I can do better than that if I am the bank.  I will issue that letter to you for a fee (of course).  This letter will have no more than 20 lines with enough information in it for the IO to decide if he wants to see your stack of papers. 

I cannot even implicate myself with such a letter and this letter does not even have to be address to the IO because it is self explanatory.

Edited by farangx

27 minutes ago, farangx said:

Not sure I agree with that.

When I went to SCB she produced one page for the one income point to which I pointed - and that took a few minutes - certainly not one keystroke!

Edited by dick dasterdly

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Not sure I agree with that.

When I went to SCB she produced one page for the one income point to which I pointed - and that took a few minutes....

When I said show it means online, how fast that printer prints is another story.  What that is certain is the staff is not going to pull out a calculator and start working on it in front of you.  If you did notice at SCB, the bank officer or manager is also involved in the preparation of this letter.

57 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

I can show 3 pieces of paper and prove I have 65K as income each month and bring that much into Thailand without doing any bank transfers.

Maybe not you but the bunco artists could real easily send that money back to home the home country account and then withdraw it again via 3 ATM slips the following month.

Edited by JLCrab

3 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Maybe not you but the bunco artists could real easily send that money back to home the home country account and then withdraw it again via 3 ATM slips the following month.

Yes- possibly= but my actual point is that once we really look at how transfers work and the accompanying paperwork- bank Books; Bank Letters-  Transferwise documents or  Bank Advises proving foreign transfers- the IO will be overwhelmed and at this point they will say who cares where and how the money gets in the account- 

hi guys.

i went to this website which is thai gov website. Its for Non-O (marriage visa) documents.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_75

there is definitely no sentences about 400K baht in the bank. Im not sure but if someone check it again and correct me if im wrong please.

BUT to get a 1 year NON-O visa... this is the website you need to read

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_18

which clearly says 400K in the bank if you dont have any 40K income

Edited by problemfarang

27 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Yes- possibly= but my actual point is that once we really look at how transfers work and the accompanying paperwork- bank Books; Bank Letters-  Transferwise documents or  Bank Advises proving foreign transfers- the IO will be overwhelmed and at this point they will say who cares where and how the money gets in the account- 

Actually I agree with you. Going forward there are going to be so many people using so many versions and banking codes trying to show international transfers. The IO's will not want to see more than a copy of the bank book and a letter from the bank. I see situations where the same 65k is going to be moved in and out brtween 2 or 3 thai bank accounts and the IO with accept it. They are not intellectual people you know, if it shows 65k coming in each month they will accept it. Those of you spending a fortune each month to move your money here monthly, will be winging at some point, you mark my words.

16 minutes ago, jimn said:

Those of you spending a fortune each month to move your money here monthly, will be winging at some point, you mark my words.

Thank you, Nostradamus. Some us move 65K+ baht into Thailand monthly anyway and have for years and the extra -- in my case -- SWIFT charge is no big deal vs. other options.

And I looked at Transferwise months back when it was announced the Bangkok Bank NYC ACH transfer would end and said No way! for me.

31 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

i went to this website which is thai gov website. Its for Non-O (marriage visa) documents.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_75

there is definitely no sentences about 400K baht in the bank. Im not sure but if someone check it again and correct me if im wrong please.

Wrong page. This is the correct one. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_79

The change visa page is a mess and it is all wrong. You have to switch to Thai and use Google translate to find the correct links.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Wrong page. This is the correct one. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_79

The change visa page is a mess and it is all wrong. You have to switch to Thai and use Google translate to find the correct links.

the page i posted is in english already and its how to get NON-O from outside of thailand.

the second page i posted is for extension.

if is not updated... dont know about that

the page you posted seems also good.. thanks

Edited by problemfarang

1 hour ago, JLCrab said:

And I looked at Transferwise months back when it was announced the Bangkok Bank NYC ACH transfer would end and said No way! for me.

I looked closely at TW for a US mate of mine and there was little benefit over using SWIFT.  (Mainly because the Thai banks have a very tight buy/sell spread for USD).

But for Brits, the Thai banks have a very wide buy/sell for GBP, and it's most certainly cheaper using TW.... especially if you need to make 12 or more transfers per month.  Also, with the Brexit uncertainties, the GBP/THB rate "bounces" up and down sometimes as much as 1% per day, and TW allows you to "lock-in" the peaks, rather than just accepting what the Thai banks give you a day or so later (although it could act against you in some instances).  It also depends on your UK bank SWIFT fee, but for me a monthly transfer of 65k would cost me around 16,000 bt/yr more using SWIFT. 

Maybe not a lot for you, but I'd rather have it than the (w)bankers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steve73 said:

I looked closely at TW for a US mate of mine and there was little benefit over using SWIFT.  (Mainly because the Thai banks have a very tight buy/sell spread for USD).

But for Brits, the Thai banks have a very wide buy/sell for GBP, and it's most certainly cheaper using TW.... especially if you need to make 12 or more transfers per month.  Also, with the Brexit uncertainties, the GBP/THB rate "bounces" up and down sometimes as much as 1% per day, and TW allows you to "lock-in" the peaks, rather than just accepting what the Thai banks give you a day or so later (although it could act against you in some instances).  It also depends on your UK bank SWIFT fee, but for me a monthly transfer of 65k would cost me around 16,000 bt/yr more using SWIFT. 

Maybe not a lot for you, but I'd rather have it than the (w)bankers.

I’m the same. I bank with Santander and they charge £25 for a SWIFT transfer. 

As an insurance I will begin to use them and monitor the situation as for me personally the peace of mind outweighs the extra uncertainty and cost of continuing to use TW. 

I’m sure things will get resolved one way or another in the coming weeks/months as the process begins in anger but if not I’ll just take the hit. 

As an insurance I will begin to use them and monitor the situation as for me personally the peace of mind outweighs the extra uncertainty and cost of continuing to use TW. 
I’m sure things will get resolved one way or another in the coming weeks/months as the process begins in anger but if not I’ll just take the hit. 
I'm Santander and Kasikorn but 12 × (£25 +£10) is hard to stomach. I think I'll stick to TW, if it isn't accepted by IO, using an agent will cost less than the swift plus thai bank fees
  • Like 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:
8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I'm Santander and Kasikorn but 12 × (£25 +£10) is hard to stomach. I think I'll stick to TW, if it isn't accepted by IO, using an agent will cost less than the swift plus thai bank fees

Yes I agree, I’m with KK too but as I say each to their own. My year triggers in March so from then on I will use SWIFT until some kind of clarity comes forward with TW. 

Personally, and I’ve no issue with others that choose to, I would rather DIY. I believe long term it pays....... but that just my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

the page i posted is in english already and its how to get NON-O from outside of thailand.

the second page i posted is for extension.

if is not updated... dont know about that

the page you posted seems also good.. thanks

You have to change the page I posted to English by clicking Eng at the top of the page. It is the correct page to get a non immigrant visa issued by immigration based upon being a family member of a Thai not at a embassy which is the same the one you posted is for but not for marriage. The following is what it is for.

image.png.b71629536b01f0b2ae962f0c4ad6d6d1.png

Reading through the many pages here, I suppose a transfer of about £900 a month would be do-able, and then could up a couple of payments to give a the 40k THB/month average if the need arises in future years, would only really be Eight more SWIFT transfers @ £9.60ea = £76.80 extra to what I would do in any case...not the end of the world I suppose. 

14 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Yes I agree, I’m with KK too but as I say each to their own. My year triggers in March so from then on I will use SWIFT until some kind of clarity comes forward with TW. 

Personally, and I’ve no issue with others that choose to, I would rather DIY. I believe long term it pays....... but that just my opinion. 

I have Kbank too this month I did my first transfer from my Bank of America acount to my Kbank acount using Swift. 

My US acount says international transfer sent.  But Kbank says domestic transfer recieved. Kbank says they use a middle bank before money goes into my account here in Thailand. 

I never noticed before till I opened internet banking with Kbank cyber so is it the same for you? I believe it's a problem because the imagration anouncment says monthly deposits into a Thai bank from foriegn acount.

2 hours ago, keithet said:

I have Kbank too this month I did my first transfer from my Bank of America acount to my Kbank acount using Swift. 

My US acount says international transfer sent.  But Kbank says domestic transfer recieved. Kbank says they use a middle bank before money goes into my account here in Thailand. 

I never noticed before till I opened internet banking with Kbank cyber so is it the same for you? I believe it's a problem because the imagration anouncment says monthly deposits into a Thai bank from foriegn acount.

I’m doing my first one next week from the U.K. so I will let you know. If that’s the case then it’s disappointing and may have to go to the opening a BKK Bank account alternative reluctantly. 

Maybe worth calling up Kasikorns customer service who speak good english and explain the problem, maybe they can provide something to prove its international (FET?)

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to change the page I posted to English by clicking Eng at the top of the page. It is the correct page to get a non immigrant visa issued by immigration based upon being a family member of a Thai not at a embassy which is the same the one you posted is for but not for marriage. The following is what it is for.

image.png.b71629536b01f0b2ae962f0c4ad6d6d1.png

interesting.. hehe thanks.

3 hours ago, keithet said:

Since Kbank knew of the intermediary bank(s) because it was a Swift transaction, it means they know this was an international transfer into your account here.  While the codes in your bank book may not reflect as such, the letter should state as such.

3 minutes ago, farangx said:

Since Kbank knew of the intermediary bank(s) because it was a Swift transaction, it means they know this was an international transfer into your account here.  While the codes in your bank book may not reflect as such, the letter should state as such.

I had this problem in Kasikorn Bank with 2 of my 3 pensions showing as Domestic money transfer and the other actually showed as International Trade and Factoring Centre TFN05030.

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I had this problem in Kasikorn Bank with 2 of my 3 pensions showing as Domestic money transfer and the other actually showed as International Trade and Factoring Centre TFN05030.

Are these 3 all Swift transactions?  I cannot tell if this TFN05030 is local or international.