CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

What’s wrongful here, waiving seasoning, within the guidelines for TI?

From Section 35 Thai Immigration Act 2522 (1979):

"Each application of an alien for extension of temporary stay shall be made in the form and with payment of fees as prescribed in the Ministerial Regulations."

... or 1900 baht.

Last week I made my first transfer of 41,000 baht from Bank of America to Kbank here. To do the new monthly income requirement. 

My US acount shows international transfer sent,  but my Kbank says domestic transfer recieved. 

Imagration states it wants to see 12 deposits for 12 months from international or foriegn acount right? 

17kB?? Do you make a transfer each week or what ?? ohmy.gif&key=e961c69407437fa26d74962b3aeacf9ab082252a4b54dbc0ad83b6f704c552d3 Or if you have swift fee about $20-30, maybe you should change of bank at home, because it's just a rip off.

FYI the swift transfer fee from PostFinance (in Switzerland) is about $5...

swift is often expensive in the UK hence people using Transferwise instead. For me swifts are £25, then there is the thai bank charge of £10. So £35+ a month so over the course of the year its about 17k baht, more than using an agent.

There are UK banks that charge less but have other costs instead such as monthly account fee or lower interest rate on deposits

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:
3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Using swifts for me would cost an extra 17k baht a year, //

17kB?? Do you make a transfer each week or what ?? :ohmy:

Or if you have swift fee about $20-30, maybe you should change of bank at home, because it's just a rip off.

FYI the swift transfer fee from PostFinance (in Switzerland) is about $5...

Can't comment on Switzerland's costs and I haven't used a SWIFT transfer from my UK bank for a long time but last time I did the bank charges from my UK bank were about £10 (even at today's lousy rate that's about 410 baht), then add the exchange rate loss equivalent of about 1000 baht per month (one baht in the £) and the Thai bank charges of 3-500 baht. That adds up to at around 2k baht per month.....24k baht per year. The total cost of sending £1000 is £6.96 (about 285 baht per month) 3,424 baht per year..........That's a saving of over 20k baht by using Transferwise compared to a Lloyds bank UK SWIFT transfer

And even bigger saving than scubascuba3 had estimated.

27 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Oh.

If you think the new regs should've been something else, fine. Noted.

So do you not agree then that it's wrong that some people use an agent to cheat the system to effectively stay here illegally while those of us that have always abided by the ruled are now restricted and have to comply with stricter Extension rules than we had before.  

10 minutes ago, sumrit said:

So do you not agree then that it's wrong that some people use an agent to cheat the system to effectively stay here illegally while those of us that have always abided by the ruled are now restricted and have to comply with stricter Extension rules than we had before.  

Why don't you send your complain to Big Joke? :wink:

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Great. Another thread turned into a discussion about use of Agents whilst people are trying to sieve through important information. 

Are there not enough already?

Well, so far they have not mentioned agent banks yet.

25 minutes ago, sumrit said:

I always abided for 15 years by the old rules.

Now I will honestly abide by the new rules.

The rest I leave to the already sufficient 'Joan of Arcs' on the Forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garyk said:

ust did my 1 year extension. Took about 30 minutes with a re-entry stamp. 2900 baht. Used the American income letter from the embassy. 

Asked the guy there what was up? He explained the new rules and that was it. 

Pony up or leave basically. Pretty cut and dried for us Americans at this point.

Could you tell us what office?  Thank you.

15 minutes ago, farangx said:
1 hour ago, JLCrab said:

Oh.

If you think the new regs should've been something else, fine. Noted.

The real test could come next January.

At least for me before that if I do the income thingy vs. the OA in USA.

30 minutes ago, sumrit said:

More the issue was those who used Stat Decs or Affidavits without really having the income or never bringing it to Thailand. Maybe they are to blame for the stricter rules. (What are those by the way, they have actually been made more flexible?) Those who previously used agents will likely still do so, and no move appears to have been made to restrict them. How do they affect you? 

• Like 1

Great. Another thread turned into a discussion about use of Agents whilst people are trying to sieve through important information. 

Are there not enough already?
We need examples from the guinea pigs as and when they go to immigration and do it their way, and there will be many different ways, sources, banks, processes. Shame Immigration dropped the ball immediately
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who finds these instructions difficult to understand?
It would seem that income from pensions have to be transferred monthly whereas income from interest dividends etc. need “income certification certified by the embassy or consular.”
Incidentally this should read “an official from an embassy or consulate” or consular should be the noun consulate. Was it translated by an English speaker do you think?

The preamble states that embassies are not prepared to issue letters so how does this new order help?

Also if (6) refers to that order which only applied in the year it was penned then what is the point of mentioning it?
My interest is in Thai and I am reasonably certain that a better translation could be made. However Thai is so ambiguous that there is little point, which is why not all Immigration officials agree with one another in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Then you are lucky, as I doubt (but admittedly could be wrong) that Immigration would be happy to accept paperwork from an unknown taxi driver only paying 100 bht to 'fast track'.

Let alone a taxi driver being happy to provide this service for nothing - or 100 bht. (assuming he has to stand in line for ages without paying anything to Immigration for a 'fast track' service)?

Edit - not to mention the cost of a taxi to drive to Immigration and back, whilst you are waiting in the taxi!  It used to cost me 1200 bht for a taxi to Immigration and back, whilst HE waits in the car!

I've used the taxi driver for my 90 day report.  There isin't a line at my Immigration office.  Since a number of offices have fired or transferred everyone seems many agents will be looking for new contacts.  My real point was it only takes the brain of a 12 year old to do an extension.  In my opinion the use of agents would only be for a person who was mentally challenged or illegal, in any event not the subject of this thread unless you are trying to shill for agents.

I have just emailed Transferwise to ask them what the code would show from a transfer from the UK. It will be interesting to see their reply.

Changing slightly one of the things overlooked is spending in the UK. Using the income letter (for many years) my net income is well over the 65000 baht/month needed. But after taking income tax and other commitments I'm left with (at the moment) 68,000 Baht a month. It doesnt take a genius to work out that any problem at home could bring my Thai Income to less than 65000 for a few months.

17 minutes ago, roger101 said:

I have just emailed Transferwise to ask them what the code would show from a transfer from the UK. It will be interesting to see their reply.

Changing slightly one of the things overlooked is spending in the UK. Using the income letter (for many years) my net income is well over the 65000 baht/month needed. But after taking income tax and other commitments I'm left with (at the moment) 68,000 Baht a month. It doesnt take a genius to work out that any problem at home could bring my Thai Income to less than 65000 for a few months.

One of the solutions mentioned before was to transfer the 68,000 to Thailand each month, then if you need some in the UK transfer what is needed back home.

2 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Am I the only one who finds these instructions difficult to understand?
It would seem that income from pensions have to be transferred monthly whereas income from interest dividends etc. need “income certification certified by the embassy or consular.”
Incidentally this should read “an official from an embassy or consulate” or consular should be the noun consulate. Was it translated by an English speaker do you think?

The preamble states that embassies are not prepared to issue letters so how does this new order help?

Also if (6) refers to that order which only applied in the year it was penned then what is the point of mentioning it?
My interest is in Thai and I am reasonably certain that a better translation could be made. However Thai is so ambiguous that there is little point, which is why not all Immigration officials agree with one another in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

What is difficult about 65k a month into your Thai Bank from abroad. Immigration DO NOT CARE if it is pension, interest, dividend or your sister's earnings on the street, all they want is to see it in the bank. If not 65k, then say 40k x 12 = 480k, so 320k in the bank extra. Easy.

And I doubt whether the IO really cares where it goes after your Thai Bank, Singha, Chang, Soi 6, or in a circle!

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 1

What is difficult about 65k a month into your Thai Bank from abroad. Immigration DO NOT CARE if it is pension, interest, dividend or your sister's earnings on the street, all they want is to see it in the bank. If not 65k, then say 40k x 12 = 480k, so 320k in the bank extra. Easy.
And I doubt whether the IO really cares where it goes after your Thai Bank, Singha, Chang, Soi 6, or in a circle!

Many people don't have sufficient pension and rely on bonds shares and other income which may not be paid monthly, the rules should and I believe do provide for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I've used the taxi driver for my 90 day report.  There isin't a line at my Immigration office.  Since a number of offices have fired or transferred everyone seems many agents will be looking for new contacts.  My real point was it only takes the brain of a 12 year old to do an extension.  In my opinion the use of agents would only be for a person who was mentally challenged or illegal, in any event not the subject of this thread unless you are trying to shill for agents.

That’s your opinion, but others who may or may not agree still have their views, and should not be dismissed as merely talking up agents. 

• Thanks 1