Yingluck appointed head of South China port

snoop1130

Yingluck appointed head of South China port

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

1451662747_ปู1-696x465.jpg

Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra poses for a photo on Jan. 2, 2016

BANGKOK — Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra was named the chairwoman of a major seaport in China’s Guangdong province.

Yingluck, whose government was overthrown in a 2014 coup, fled Thailand in 2016 shortly before a guilty verdict was delivered following a lengthy corruption trial. The ex-premier will now head the Shantou International Container Terminal, according to a report posted online by Chinese state media People’s Daily.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2019/01/08/yingluck-appointed-head-of-south-china-port/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-1-8

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

China is a member of Interpol and has an extradition treaty with Thailand.

Should be interesting.

As has been pointed out before, even if an Interpol red notice has been issued (and I don't think it's clear that one has been issued for her, as far as I'm aware) it's entirely up to the law enforcement authorities in any member country to decide whether they want to arrest the person who is the subject of the notice or not - and in general, countries are less likely to act on such notices if there's a suspicion that it might be politically motivated.

23 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

A lot of experience in ignoring corrupt practices, embezzlement and doing what she is told by her puppet master.

And named legal representative too.... which I'm sure makes her glad she got her law degree in the U.S..... (Oooppss... well, she did at least get SOME degree...)

But I'm sure she'll be good at Chinese law stuff, just like she was real good at English after studying in the U.S.!!!   :cheesy:

41 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

South China Port. I'm more qualified for Taylor's Late Vintage Port - I've got through a whole bottle in an evening before.

Taylor's Late Vintage Port. Right up there with Chateau Reynella Vintage port. The memories are flooding back. Your'e a tease!

1 minute ago, Cadbury said:

Taylor's Late Vintage Port. Right up there with Chateau Reynella Vintage port. The memories are flooding back. Your'e a tease!

Although not a vintage, always used to enjoy Cockburn's Special Reserve Port.

Last had some 2 years ago; just wasn't the same - prolly fortified with Elderberries.

You ever had any decent Port here - not Thai port, I hasten to add!

Archived