Not so fast: Bangkok Christian College asked to review casual clothes experiment

webfact

In the militaries everyone wears a uniform, INCLUDING GENERALS, so if the Opec wants students to wear

uniforms, first, they should be free, second, the Opec Armada and Teachers  should wear uniforms also,

that's what "uniform" means!

Anyone who thinks that uniforms are cheap would have to be naïve or ignorant or both.

Just now, Moo 2 said:

In the militaries everyone wears a uniform, INCLUDING GENERALS, so if the Opec wants students to wear

uniforms, first, they should be free, second, the Opec Armada and Teachers  should wear uniforms also,

that's what "uniform" means!

Anyone who thinks that uniforms are cheap would have to be naïve or ignorant or both.

Quote: I drink to make people more interesting.      Ernest Hemingway

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 12:54 PM, BobBKK said:

Pathetic!  let's stamp out all individualization eh?  yes even at UNI they wear those pathetic uniforms with numbers around their necks so they know who they are.  Call that University?  your standards are low.

No, not a matter of stamping out individualism, simply a matter of Good Taste, self respect, respect for others and their school.

At our school, the Teachers also PROUDLY wear their uniforms. 

Tend to suspect those who are so upset with the tradition, simply amount to the lowest common denominator of our society. Ah well, each to their own.

21 hours ago, Torrens54 said:

No, not a matter of stamping out individualism, simply a matter of Good Taste, self respect, respect for others and their school.

At our school, the Teachers also PROUDLY wear their uniforms. 

Tend to suspect those who are so upset with the tradition, simply amount to the lowest common denominator of our society. Ah well, each to their own.

That is part of the problem. Teachers 'proudly' wearing their mock military uniforms with their medals and ranks. It's all part of the control mechanism that belongs to North Korea not here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

That is part of the problem. Teachers 'proudly' wearing their mock military uniforms with their medals and ranks. It's all part of the control mechanism that belongs to North Korea not here.

uniformed teachers... looking down at their flocks...

"you are all equal - but, we are more equal than you..."

and awarding themselves that 'tin medal' 

- what! are they going to war in the classrooms?

Tin, and society based medal wearing protocol has that that rubbish is worn on the Right tit;

leaving the Left free and uncluttered for Federal award...

On 1/10/2019 at 8:00 AM, ChipButty said:

I always thought uniforms were a great leveler there will obviously be young guys in school who cannot afford all these designer trainers and clothes 

would probably be a case IF it wouldnt involve private school, most of them coming pricey to the not-so-high-class parents anyhow.

the same time, the poorer parents may find it a stretch to buy the 3-4-5 kind of uniforms some of the schools currently require, and with kids growing that often a yearly expense on top of the normal everyday non school cloths.

i think these uniforms in private schools are more to keep up with the brain washing, limit individualism, and of course support those higher ups who branch out to this constant demand clothing business the uniforms rule create for them. 

Most Asian countries seem to have school uniforms from waht I've encountered but most of the countries have made an efort to modernise the uniforms over the years. The Thai uniform probably hasn't chaged since the 1950s (please correct me if I'm wrong, this is pure guesswork) and as for the scout uniform? I don't think it's been changed in Thailand since Baden Powell created it.

On 1/10/2019 at 6:00 AM, Prairieboy said:

I believe school uniforms are not free.  In my opinion forcing parents to buy uniforms in addition to the child's everyday clothing has much more of a negative impact on the families expenses!  It may have been a marketing ploy lobbied for by greedy uniform manufacturers.  By enforcing a uniform code they i are immediately guaranteed a 'captive' clientele of approximately 15 million students

Additionally, it removes a persons right, and indeed, their ability to have independent thoughts and choices and results in a nation of sheep or clones.  

It not only that the uniforms are not free but also the number of different uniform that they need.

My son in M2 needs white shirt, khaki shorts, brown ankle socks and brown canvas shoes 2 or 3 days a week, blue shirt, blue track suit bottom, white ankle socks and white canvas shoes 2 or 3 times a week. Scout uniform, neckerchief, long khaki socks and brown canvas shoes for only a part of the year.

I am not sure if the variation of school uniform during the week is down to him or the school.

Plus of course the shirts have to have the school logo, his name embroidered on the shirt, and a number of orange or red stars or blobs denoting the year number as well.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 10:56 AM, ChipButty said:

I think Uniforms for school look smart and tidy having being born in 50's and born in the army Im used to wearing uniforms my favourite at the moment is a nurses one

The Japanese tourists in Bangkok seem to prefer 'school' uniforms.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:00 AM, ChipButty said:

I always thought uniforms were a great leveler there will obviously be young guys in school who cannot afford all these designer trainers and clothes 

not in this school!

Can’t have a school trying something ! It’s all about image! “Office for Private Education Commission “ !thai bureaucracy has a Gov dept for everything ! And those of us who have taught here a long time know that dressing up in a formal way is more important than learning!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect