Re-Entry or Not | New Visa Question

Hi,

I loved and worked here (legally) for 23 years.  Recently I left a job and will be starting a new one here soon at a BOI company.  I am currently on a 60 day tourist visa and just extended by 30 days yesterday.  On Sunday I will go to Singapore and while there I will apply for a Non B.  The company are issuing me all the necessary docs but we are a new company and I am the first foreign employee.  

When I leave on Sunday I am thinking of getting a re-entry permit just in case there is an issue with the paperwork (as this is the company's first time doing this) I can come back easily, sort out the issue then go back again.  My question - assuming the application goes smoothly - would there be an issue with me having the re-entry permit and therefore an "active" visa?  Or would they just dismiss this and issue me a non B?  Basically do I need to leave without a re-entry permit so my current visa is therefore null and void or is it ok to have a re-entry stamp for it?

I have had a one year non O based on marriage, extended that, then a 60 day tourist (long story), extended.  So I don't want to take the risk of coming back on a visa exempt if for some reason I don't get the non B.  

Thanks.

You could get the re-entry permit. When you enter the country with the non-b visa be sure to put the visa number on the arrival card. If the officer says something about the re-entry permit tell him you do not want to use it. Normally they use whichever allows the longest entry.

Are you aware you have to apply online to the embassy in Singapore. See: http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-consular

If there was a problem with the application  you would know about before leaving the country.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could get the re-entry permit. When you enter the country with the non-b visa be sure to put the visa number on the arrival card. If the officer says something about the re-entry permit tell him you do not want to use it. Normally they use whichever allows the longest entry.

Are you aware you have to apply online to the embassy in Singapore. See: http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-consular

If there was a problem with the application  you would know about before leaving the country.

Hi Ubonjoe,

Thanks for the reply, very helpful.  Yes, I had forgotten I had to apply online first, I'll do that now.