Prayuth’s Dark New Ballad Conjures Turbulent Times

webfact

Prayuth’s Dark New Ballad Conjures Turbulent Times

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

14594834671459484027l.jpg

Prayuth 'The Voice' Chan-ocha runs through his set list for the forthcoming 'Strength Through Unity, Unity Through Easy Listening Favorites' show in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — The junta leader called on Thais to hold on to hard-earned peace in what’s become a familiar format during his nearly five years in power – a song.

With mounting frustration over the sudden uncertainty of Election Day, “In Memory” debuted today at a government exhibition, with PM and part-time lyricist Prayuth Chan-ocha credited for writing it. The song makes a familiar appeal for patience, saying the nation is “nearly away from turbulence,” and asking Thais to reflect on past polarization to see how difficult peace has been won.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2019/01/10/prayuths-dark-new-ballad-conjures-turbulent-times/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-01-10

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

He should write lyrics for a new song.... Behold the end is nigh, hallelujah.????

Ha ha! You've got me going now!

Surely, 'I Did It My Way', although he'd no doubt miss out the line: 'regrets, I've had a few'

I can see this could be a long thread, as members suggest the most appropriate song/lyrics for the PM to sing...

Forget the songs Mr. Prayuth. Nobody wants to hear them. You are not a musician, and you do not have a story to tell. You are really damaging the economy along with your incompetent Army. You guys are very destructive forces. You do not hire real talent, and you are in way over your head. The country needs to get rid of you, and do it quickly. Get out. Get out now. You are not wanted. You are not liked. You are despised by the majority of Thais, and nearly all ex-pats. You are way, way past you sell by date. Just get out, and let your people get on with their lives, and prosper. 

Most of us are hoping the Army is shown the door, in this next election. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

saying the nation is “nearly away from turbulence,”

How right he is . . . just two months away. If only this ego-jerk knew the extent of public loathing and laughing at his child-like bits of play-acting.

from the article
“In Memory” is sung by Sub-Lt. Pongsathorn Pojit, who’s performed all songs credited to Prayuth

This young man has been singing Prayut's songs for over four years now, effectively destroying his own image and self-worth, no one will ever take him seriously. Social life? Who would go out with some one who croons Prayut? 

At least make the boy a full Lieutenant. Or a General, which is the same. Do the right thing here, Prayut!

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha! You've got me going now!

Surely, 'I Did It My Way', although he'd no doubt miss out the line: 'regrets, I've had a few'

I can see this could be a long thread, as members suggest the most appropriate song/lyrics for the PM to sing...

I'm the fire starter, twisted fire starter..

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“nearly away from turbulence,”

Only to be heading towards boredom, non competitiveness, financial ruin for the average Thai.  Every Thai I meet says the economy stinks and he is to blame.   Turbulence creates opportunities, but peace at only price, on the other hand, creates atrophy, rot and slumming.  The man is a complete waste of time.   

Archived