R.E. review

findlay13

"Not for me", I think, says it all. Outside India, I don't see much/any market for this thing. But, if they ever come out with a 650+ cc V-twin, and demonstrated/proven reliability and quality after-purchase service in Thailand (and sell it at the stated US$6,000 (under THB200,000)), I would give it a serious look. Until then, "not for me....".

Triumph are priced over the top here.I can get a 1200 speedmaster in Australia for about 500,000 bht depending on the exchange rate.They are currently 645,000 bht here and are made at the Triumph factory in Chonburi as far as I know.

Triumphs do seem well finished.I'm not sure about the 650 Enfields.The reports are good though and at 215,000 bht well priced.The 500 single is about 180,000 so I'd expect the 650 to outsell the 500 unless the 500 has a price drop.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:33 AM, Thailaw said:

"Not for me", I think, says it all. Outside India, I don't see much/any market for this thing. But, if they ever come out with a 650+ cc V-twin, and demonstrated/proven reliability and quality after-purchase service in Thailand (and sell it at the stated US$6,000 (under THB200,000)), I would give it a serious look. Until then, "not for me....".

Stopped by Royal Enfield Chiang Mai last week. 47 orders for the Interceptor 650 taken since they opened orders the previous week. Not too bad so far. 

I'd definitely consider an RE if I could use mid mount pegs.Although I can't fault the 650cc Vulcan so far.it's full of plastic but here in Thailand it's good value and "punches above it's weight" IMO .Image may contain: 1 person, motorcycle and outdoor

Out for a coffee yesterday with a friend who has the 2019 version [green]

Archived