Woman's airport meltdown: Compatriot says: That's a Thai for you!

rooster59

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i must lift up my hand and say that I am guilty of excess carry on I often go to 10 kgs but if I am ask to weigh I will unzip one zip take out my laptop then weigh again which brings it back to 6.5 kgs. But I do not loose it like this women, 14 kgs plus another bag WOW. It blows me out how many overweight bags get on these days.  I have noticedin Australia jetstar virgin are really clamping down on it purely and solely for a money grap as they get alot of extra check in bags now and of course you have to pay extra anyhow there's my rant for the day. Take good care out there people. 

5 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

People with money or important jobs who consider themselves higher up the society levels than working class people. These 'Hi-So'  can be very rude and demanding people in Thailand, especially the females.

This sum's up the problem here that rules and regulations only apply to other people and no them as individuals this is why you have these horrific road accident numbers

I've only seen them check once. Some Chinese had deposited their bags to hold their place in the front of the future boarding queue. I wonder what she did to warrant scrutiny.

On my flight last week some backpackers brought their large packs on board.

By the way, the 1 hour flight from CM to Don Mueang was an hour late boarding for an hour flight. They also changed the gate at the last minute and we had to bus it to the plane. Every step of the process from there was very poorly handled. Very amateurish.

On 1/12/2019 at 11:28 AM, ZeVonderBearz said:

Is the fact they don't a major factor for your lack of sleep at night? 

If you had an overweight bag fall on top of you as I saw happen injuring another passenger, due to an irresponsible person who couldn’t hold it due to the weight, you might then agree that all bags should be weighed.

2 hours ago, norfolkc said:

This sum's up the problem here that rules and regulations only apply to other people and no them as individuals this is why you have these horrific road accident numbers

Perhaps it also applies to some of the users of this site who think that the immigration laws only apply to others then scream like stuck pigs when the rules are enforced.

5 minutes ago, moreem said:

so not anybody knows my trick of not showing my carry on luggage at checkin even if it weighs 20 kgs ?

Do it all the time, do my utmost to keep it outa sight. All smoke n mirrors is the way to go....

2 hours ago, Maitdjai said:

This has nothing to do with "Hi-So"!

It's more the "Wannabe" and "Nuevo-Rich-Syndrome" (Climbed up from the "overloaded" Saleng to "Air Asia").  ????

Isn't your second line the definition of the first one?

On 1/10/2019 at 7:22 AM, Boon Mee said:

Storms out? 555

He just walked out of the meeting after Chuck and Nancy refused to compromise. 

On 1/12/2019 at 11:15 AM, Sealbash said:

What is “Hi-So”?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Hi-So is Thai high society.  The privileged class in Thailand!

On 1/12/2019 at 11:40 AM, NanLaew said:

In this instance, someone who can longer afford to fly with THAI or Bangkok Airways and has just discovered one of the stark, ugly realities of flying with a LCC.

So a person who chooses to pay to fly with Thai Airways is a high-so?

You'r kidding, right?

Last time we came to LOS my wife and I witnessed a mature couple having a meltdown at airport security from the second they arrived.  The last line I heard was the old boy insisting "You can't take our passports."  Then his wife stormed through security with the staff giving chase followed by the husband.  You couldn't make it up.  

On 1/11/2019 at 11:01 PM, Just1Voice said:

A wannabe "Hi-So" demanding the "peons" do as she says, and never mind the rules.  They don't apply to her. 

Sounds like the Koreans I used to see in Inchon overtime I flew, took a train, or even when they were taking a bus they would find a way to express how the rules did not apply to them.

On 1/12/2019 at 4:54 AM, rooster59 said:
The person filming the clip concedes that the woman is indeed Thai, like him.

He appears thoroughly embarrassed. 

I found this part of the article interesting. Looks that the chap filming was embarrassed to realise that it's not always those awful farangs who make trouble but also his own countrymen and countrywomen....welcome to reality dear Sir.

8 hours ago, djayz said:

And limit it to one per person. 

And keep people from trying to say those big rolling suitcases are a "carry on."

8 hours ago, djayz said:

Who in their right mind takes 14kg of oranges with them on a flight?!?!

You should have seen all of the packages of what looked like mangoes that I saw people packing into their suitcases near the check-in line last time I was at Swampy... I think they were Korean.  I was actually amazed that they fit it all into a couple big suitcases.  (Why they didn't just pack the bag before they left home, I don't know.  I've never understood the people I see at airports packing and re-packing their bags.  Okay, if you turn out to be a pound over and need to transfer a pair of shoes or something, I get it, but why don't they estimate the weight, and figure out what they need to check vs. carry, or whatever else it is they're taking care of, at home?)

7 hours ago, chama said:

This is not indicative of most Thais I see when I travel. As mentioned above it seems she is afflicted with a "wanna be Hi-So" disease. 

This is a fair statement. Of course most are not like this. However, 2 things:

1. There is a much higher percentage of Thais who have similar tendencies than we might find in many other parts of the world,

2. Many Thais would react similarly if they thought they were entitled, and being entitled only means their real or perceived social ranking relative to the other person.

This is how most of Asia works, in general, with the exception of a country like Japan.

This lady thinks that rules do not apply to her. La-dee-da. 

I have had to adjust my carry on in the past because it was a small part of 1 kg over. 

Rules are rules. They apply same to all. 

On 1/13/2019 at 10:24 AM, alation said:

Well i must lift up my hand and say that I am guilty of excess carry on I often go to 10 kgs but if I am ask to weigh I will unzip one zip take out my laptop then weigh again which brings it back to 6.5 kgs. But I do not loose it like this women, 14 kgs plus another bag WOW. It blows me out how many overweight bags get on these days.  I have noticedin Australia jetstar virgin are really clamping down on it purely and solely for a money grap as they get alot of extra check in bags now and of course you have to pay extra anyhow there's my rant for the day. Take good care out there people. 

The same for me, 10 kg for the bag and you can have a 2nd bag if for laptop, only that. (and for womans their ''purse''  ) The carriers sees it as one bag together, but never weigh the laptop.

• 5 months later...
On 1/12/2019 at 11:47 AM, ThaiPauly said:

My Thai wife takes loads of carry on luggage when she flies internally including about 5 kilos of curly pork which is very popular in BK but much cheaper in CM, I tell her she won't get away with it...but she always does!!

Beats me!

Nothing to be proud of.

On 1/13/2019 at 9:28 PM, djayz said:

Who in their right mind takes 14kg of oranges with them on a flight?!?!

answer : a Thai, many honestly think they are Gods people living in Gods land and as they are the 'chosen" they can do what they want

Archived