SURVEY: Build the Wall -- Yes or No?

Scott

SURVEY: Build the Wall -- Yes or No?  

437 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Just took a look at Rasmussen which is more or less a pollster/shill for Republicans. Trump is underwater by 14 points. The last time he was that low was 10 months ago:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_history

haven't learned a thing from 2016? polls????

caravans a coming and illegal immigration is a hot topic .

Dems got no plan, no candidate, no cohesion. Virtue signaling to victory for illegal immigration is not gonna happen in 2020 imo. 

wall or no wall, Trump comes out on top.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Then maybe we should tear down the existing walls near San Diego and El Paso after all they are not effective and a waste of money. Said no one ever!

Said you in that post--and says I now. Why leave such an eyesore which does little good--oh, yes, that's right, we have already done so with many of our politicians.

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

Anyone dissagree a wall would help at criticle points? It is just the idea of a Chineese wall from east to west! 

Post a recent quote from Trump stating he wants a solid wall coast to coast. I know you can't because this is a lefty political ploy to give their minions ammunition. At critical locations more barrier is needed, and this I think most will agree to. 

Imminent domain has been used for many strategic improvements in the US. Without Imminent domain highways and other public utilities wouldn't exist. 

U.S. Government Shutdown Update: No Gain, More Pain. "Since closing its doors at midnight on Dec. 21, the U.S. government remains shut down. Based on our analysis, the U.S. economy will have lost $3.6 billion dollars by Friday, Jan. 11. It will only take another two weeks to cost the U.S. economy more than the $5.7 billion that the White House requested for the border wall. "

https://www.capitaliq.com/CIQDotNet/CreditResearch/RenderArticle.aspx?articleId=2151675&SctArtId=465282&from=CM&nsl_code=LIME&sourceObjectId=10836674&sourceRevId=1&fee_ind=N&exp_date=20290110-19:59:57

11 hours ago, smotherb said:

Said you in that post--and says I now. Why leave such an eyesore which does little good--oh, yes, that's right, we have already done so with many of our politicians.

Technically I did not "say it", I wrote it in response to a troll post. The reason that no one is suggesting tearing down existing border walls is because they do work. Every agency involved in border security agrees, even Obama's former head of Homeland security agrees that the border barriers are effective. People live in gated communities, and have fences around their homes and property, this seems strange to me given that the current consensus is that walls and fences do not work and are ineffective. Very strange.

11 hours ago, smotherb said:

Two reasons, illegal immigration and a welfare state that gives benefits to them.

14 hours ago, Hummin said:

Anyone dissagree a wall would help at criticle points? It is just the idea of a Chineese wall from east to west! 

Actually all the Democrats are opposing walls at critical points, 5,7 billion dollars will only build another 200 or so miles of wall and provide maintenance on the existing walls. The fact that all Democrats oppose border walls even at critical points is the reason that the US government is currently shut down. Although Trump has stated that he wants a wall across the entire border he has backed off that statement before he was even elected President. Trump has stated he doesn't want to build a wall along the entire border  numerous times before and after he became President.

33 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Actually all the Democrats are opposing walls at critical points, 5,7 billion dollars will only build another 200 or so miles of wall and provide maintenance on the existing walls. The fact that all Democrats oppose border walls even at critical points is the reason that the US government is currently shut down. Although Trump has stated that he wants a wall across the entire border he has backed off that statement before he was even elected President. Trump has stated he doesn't want to build a wall along the entire border  numerous times before and after he became President.

According to Pelosi a wall is immoral. So it really doesn't matter what the logistics of it is. She can't really negotiate anything now or she will be acting immorally. Doesn't matter she supported it in the past.

Bet this government shutdown will have cost the US more than $5 billion soon. Pathetic that both sides can't just come to some compromise and instead just want to do the handbags thing over it all and score points. Politicians in so many places have lost their way these days. It would have been cheaper to just build it and the Dems could have got something they wanted out of it all too for agreeing. Trump may have his faults but he is always willing to make a deal to get something he wants and the US does need to secure it's southern border more convincingly now than before in some way or another. Immigration is OK...as long as it's legal immigration and that's the message that needs to be sent everywhere, not just at the US borders.

On 1/13/2019 at 10:47 AM, spidermike007 said:

So nice to hear an intelligent voice of reason, amidst the panicked cries of "build the wall", or the country will go down in flames! 

The majority of Americans DO NOT support the wall, which is never going to get built. Only a percent of his base of devotees want the wall, and that is only due to constant brainwashing.

Roger stone was frustrated that Trump kept on forgetting to talk about immigration at the beginning of the campaign. He said Trump is a builder. He will remember to say build a wall. Hence the birth of the slogan and the fear mongering. The only terrorist apprehended at the border in the past 20 years was coming from Canada. All terrorists use the sea or come by air. None come by land. None. One in the past 20 years was caught. It is all a total ruse. Not only is illegal immigration way, way down, but if you look at crime statistics in the US, nine times more homicide is committed by American citizens, than by legal immigrants. And three times more homicide, by Americans, than by illegal immigrants. If Trump wants to solve the crime problem in the US, he has to get his own people in his administration and his team, to stop committing crime, then he has to stop committing crime, and then he can work on reforming his base, and then other Americans.

In a separate interview with NPR, on January 6, Darling expanded on his views. He is the mayor of McCallen, Texas.

“In certain locations, a wall or a fence or some deterrent makes sense but certainly not one across the great swath of the border in places where, ecologically, the damage would be much greater than a security benefit,” he said. “So it’s really a political football, I think. And just saying we’re going to build this great wall across the whole border makes no sense at all.”

The majority of Americans do not support the wall... Boy did you get this one wrong!

The majority of Americans do not support the wall... Boy did you get this one wrong!
It's true. The majority of Americans do not support the "trump" wall. Evidence is in polls and the recent midterm elections where "trump" tried to use fear mongering about Latino immigrants as his top campaign issue. He lost. The great wall of "trump" will not happen. The people have spoken.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 minutes ago, doggie1955 said:

I do not think so. Not sure who you have been talking to, or listening to, but every major survey I have seen, including those on the right, show a majority of Americans do not support the building of the wall.

Overall, only 4 in 10 favor building a wall. Fewer than half our respondents were convinced by the argument that a wall would prevent potential threats from coming into the country and would strengthen U.S. borders. Nearly two-thirds, including 4 in 10 Republicans, were persuaded by the counterargument: Because migrants can always find alternative routes to crossing the border, there are better methods for deterring illegal entry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2019/01/11/americans-dont-want-trumps-border-wall-heres-what-they-think-should-happen-instead/?utm_term=.07fd1d7dc88d

But no poll has found that a majority of Americans support the wall or funding for the wall, or see it as a priority. A Quinnipiac poll of 1,147 voters reached on landlines or cell phones from Dec. 12-17 found that 54 percent of respondents opposed the wall and 43 percent supported it. A Harvard CAPS/Harris online survey of 1,407 registered voters conducted Dec. 24-26  found that 56 percent of those surveyed did not support a wall, while 44 percent did. Just 35 percent of those surveyed supported including money for the wall in a federal spending bill, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll of 2,440 adults conducted online Dec. 21-25.

More than two-thirds of Americans don’t think the wall should be a priority, according to a poll of 1,075 adults by NPR, PBS News Hour and Marist. That poll was conducted Nov. 28-Dec. 4 using live telephone interviews to reach both landlines and cell phones. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-americans-support-border-wall_us_5c2e9aaae4b05c88b70798d1

On 1/16/2019 at 6:50 AM, Ahab said:

Technically I did not "say it", I wrote it in response to a troll post. The reason that no one is suggesting tearing down existing border walls is because they do work. Every agency involved in border security agrees, even Obama's former head of Homeland security agrees that the border barriers are effective. People live in gated com

munities, and have fences around their homes and property, this seems strange to me given that the current consensus is that walls and fences do not work and are ineffective. Very strange.

What?  May I remind you that you did say that--see below. And, you are again wrong when you suggest no one has said that. When you only listen to people who think the way you do; you will not likely find any fault in your reasoning. Try listening to opposing views and think about them.  

On 1/15/2019 at 4:41 PM, Ahab said:

"Then maybe we should tear down the existing walls near San Diego and El Paso after all they are not effective and a waste of money . . ."

11 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Trump’s wall is targeting that sector? 

What answer was I seeking? And why do you think so?

Typically charts are posted by anti-border security folks. I read the chart correctly and your intent wrong.

Why he shuts down. Hint -- it isn't really about a literal wall that everyone knows, including "trump" will never actually be built. 

Trump’s efforts to stave off impeachment may also doom his reelection
There’s a method to President Trump’s shutdown madness — and it actually makes a lot of sense once you realize that the shutdown isn’t about “the wall.” It’s not about “winning.” It’s not about beating “Chuck and Nancy.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/01/17/trumps-efforts-stave-off-impeachment-may-also-doom-his-reelection/

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Looks like the Rio Grand sector could use some more border barrier. I know that's not the answer you seek, but that the reality.

Please note that the 2nd largest protected wildlife basin in the US, just behind the Greater Yellowstone area will be entirely cut off from the Rio Grande waters.

Archived