My wife forgot to tell immigration where i live.

Hi, I am on a non O multiple entry and my Visa runs out on the 29th of Jan. I need to go and get a new one at Savannahket. My wife forgot to go to Jomtien Immigration and tell them where I live when i last did my extension in Cambodia. Do i need to get her to do it before i leave? I know they will fine her for not doing it. Or can i just go to Savannahket and do it the day i get back to Thailand so they wont fine me? If i dont go will I have any hassles at the border going out of Thailand? What is the fine for not reporting that I live at my wifes house, only 1500 baht?

Thanks

Based on previous reports from Jomtien, whether she does the late foreigner lodging report now, or after you return, she will be fined anyway. The 90-day past-due flag on your presence has already, automatically been set on their computer records and won't be reset by you doing a border hop. Since the 90-day report database flag hasn't prevented other people leaving and re-entering, there's no worries in that regard.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Uh? He is on a Non-O, so he doesn't need to make 90-day report :unsure:

Unsure what an "extension in Cambodia" means though...

Maybe talking about TM.30 ?

I am sure he needs to make the 90 day report within 24 hours of his return to Thailand.

I believe it is to ensure he has not changed his address and to make sure his wife still wants him to live with her.

That is my understanding, I do my first extension in Laos soon

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Uh? He is on a Non-O, so he doesn't need to make 90-day report :unsure:

Unsure what an "extension in Cambodia" means though...

Maybe talking about TM.30 ?

He will need to do a 90-day report (and his wife will need to provide a fresh TM30) if he tags on a 60-day extension to visit his wife to each 90-day entry under his multiple non-O visa.

But if he does border runs every 90 days, then, unless he has any other reason for needing to have dealings with Jomtien Immigration, no need for a fresh TM30. And 90-day reports do not, of course, arise in these circumstances.

I presume that by "extension in Cambodia" he means a border run to that particular hallowed country.

Edited by OJAS

There’s no need for your wife to report now. Do your visa run to Savannahket and — if you want to — make the report when you return.

If you get fined for failing to report in the past, it shouldn’t be more than 2,000 baht.

If you plan to apply for extensions at the local immigration office in the future it’s best to follow whatever reporting rules they set.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

I am sure he needs to make the 90 day report within 24 hours of his return to Thailand.

I believe it is to ensure he has not changed his address and to make sure his wife still wants him to live with her.

That is my understanding, I do my first extension in Laos soon

It is not a 90 day report. 90 day reports are only required having stayed longer than 90 days.

Some offices want the owner, housemaster, or possessor (that could be the OP if renting) to make a new TM.30 report every time the foreigner living at their address returns from abroad.

8 hours ago, crickets said:

Hi, I am on a non O multiple entry and my Visa runs out on the 29th of Jan. I need to go and get a new one at Savannahket.

If it is your visa that is expiring you can do a border hop to get an new 90 day entry on or before the 29th. No need for a new visa for almost 5 months if you extended that last entry for 60 days to visit your wife.

If i dont go will I have any hassles at the border going out of Thailand?

No you will not. Departure immigration do not have any thing to do with TM30 reporting.

A bit late to do the TM30 report now. Just have your wife do it after your next entry.

• Like 2

Do i need to get her to do it before i leave? 

No.

I know they will fine her for not doing it.

Not necessarily. Next time you enter, she can do it and immigration may very well not look at the previous entry.

• Like 2

So easy to do it online now. You don't have to go into immigration everytime. She should ask Immigration for the web address and apply for doing online. Same with 90 day reporting for yourself. This can also be done online. It a pain going to any immigration office here in Thailand with sometime having to wait along time just for something that takes 5 minutes.

I was told every time i leave the country, even if it is for an in  and out cambodia to get another 90s days on my non o multi, my wife has to report within 24 hours that i am living at her house. If she doesn't within 24hoours its a 1500 baht fine. So she forgot to and doesn't want to go because she knows she has to pay the fine. When we went before to do it they people at immigration are quite rude because they are not getting money for a fine. They are extremely nice to the people who they are asking money from. I cant do it online, only hotels can.

Edited by crickets

17 minutes ago, steve187 said:

some banks insist on an address certificate from immigration

Some branches of some banks are looking for excuses not to deal with a foreigner (But they don't like to say it to your face). If you returned with an address certificate from immigration, they would then demand a work permit.

Learn to avoid doing business with people who don't want you.

Then open your bank account with a branch of a bank that is happy to do business with you.

Edited by BritManToo

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Some branches of some banks are looking for excuses not to deal with a foreigner (But they don't like to say it to your face). If you returned with an address certificate from immigration, they would then demand a work permit.

Learn to avoid doing business with people who don't want you.

Then open your bank account with a branch of a bank that is happy to do business with you.

i tried all the local branches to me, they all wanted a letter, i opened one and all they needed was a letter. so that's why i posted some branches require the letter. what other proof of address does some foreigner have.

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffrey346 said:

If you have a yellow book, do you still need to do a TM30?

A yellow book has nothing to do with Immigration and some Immigration offices won't accept a yellow book for proof of where you live.

If your current visa or extension requires filing a TM30 and your local Immigration office insists on a TM30, there's no other government department issued paperwork or letter that says otherwise.

48 minutes ago, steve187 said:

i tried all the local branches to me, they all wanted a letter, i opened one and all they needed was a letter. so that's why i posted some branches require the letter. what other proof of address does some foreigner have.

They don't write to you, they won't give you credit, why would they care about the address.

I've not informed my bank of my new addresses over the past ten years.

They always want your passport for new debit cards though.