My wife forgot to tell immigration where i live.

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

i tried all the local branches to me, they all wanted a letter, i opened one and all they needed was a letter. so that's why i posted some branches require the letter. what other proof of address does some foreigner have.

When i login into my online banking at Krungsri i can update my address to whatever i want and currently it doesn't even show an address there, so i think an address is not required to have a bank account

They wanted to see my rental contract when i opened the account, but i assume this was just to see that i will spend some time in Thailand and will continue using the account, it seems they never put this address in their system

3 hours ago, Batboy said:

It a pain going to any immigration office here in Thailand with sometime having to wait along time just for something that takes 5 minutes.

Move to Phitsanulok. I have never waited more than 15 minutes for anything, and never, in 5 years, has my GF filed a TM30 so I have nothing in my Passport except TM6 and 90 day receipt.. I go to UK every year and they do me a re-entry permit, do extension no problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

i tried all the local branches to me, they all wanted a letter, i opened one and all they needed was a letter. so that's why i posted some branches require the letter. what other proof of address does some foreigner have.

From the Bangkok Bank webpage One of the following..

A reference letter issued by one of the following institutes or organizations or required document

• Embassy located  in Thailand 
  • An overseas bank where the customer holds an account sent via SWIFT 
  • Trusted individuals such as a Bangkok Bank staff member or customer, director of a private company, permanent residence in Thailand, government or private educational institutes located in Thailand trusted by the Bank
  • Trusted companies, e.g., an employment letter from the company if the customer is in the process of applying for a work permit.
  • Document showing ownership of a fixed asset such as a condominium sale/purchase agreement (a condominium which is acceptable to Bangkok Bank) Or a property reservation agreement valued at 100,000 baht or more with a reference letter from the property developer that is acceptable to Bangkok Bank.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Move to Phitsanulok. I have never waited more than 15 minutes for anything, and never, in 5 years, has my GF filed a TM30 so I have nothing in my Passport except TM6 and 90 day receipt.. I go to UK every year and they do me a re-entry permit, do extension no problem.

Generally, we "married to a Thai" who don't live in tourist-areas have relocated to the area where our wife's family lives - so, moving from there is not a likely prospect. 

But, thanks for the update on Phitsanulok - sounds like a good office.  Single guys looking for a wife might want to hang out up there and see if magic happens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JackThompson said:

Generally, we "married to a Thai" who don't live in tourist-areas have relocated to the area where our wife's family lives - so, moving from there is not a likely prospect. 

But, thanks for the update on Phitsanulok - sounds like a good office.  Single guys looking for a wife might want to hang out up there and see if magic happens.

As I live here with my GF, I do not get much chance to see if magic happens. But it's an OK place if you want peace and quiet most of the time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jackdd said:

When i login into my online banking at Krungsri i can update my address to whatever i want and currently it doesn't even show an address there, so i think an address is not required to have a bank account

They wanted to see my rental contract when i opened the account, but i assume this was just to see that i will spend some time in Thailand and will continue using the account, it seems they never put this address in their system

my bank

4 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

A yellow book is proof of address. If the immigration officer says it's not, they are incompetent and you should call the hotline to complain.

Yes, it is proof of where you live but at certain Immigration offices is is not an acceptable proof of where you live. They prefer the rental agreement or utility bills and whatnot. Yet another one of those arcane TiT and YYMV thingmies for you.

Good to know you have their hotline on speed dial. I'm not calling anyone.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, it is proof of where you live but at certain Immigration offices is is not an acceptable proof of where you live. They prefer the rental agreement or utility bills and whatnot. Yet another one of those arcane TiT and YYMV thingmies for you.

Good to know you have their hotline on speed dial. I'm not calling anyone.

KK Immigration accepts the YB as proof of where you are living. Never heard of an IO that doesn't.

13 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

KK Immigration accepts the YB as proof of where you are living. Never heard of an IO that doesn't.

Yes. I was mistaken and all Immigration offices in Thailand accept the yellow book as proof of domicile.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1