Ban Chang improvements

chrisandsu

On 2/3/2019 at 10:30 AM, wilcopops said:

I think property "owners" in the region the development is a double edged sword......house/condo prices near industry will improve regardless of pollution as 100s of thousands of workers need accommodation..... however, one has to beware of over supply and the potential health hazards of living in the region. Location location location....

Most of the higher paid workers like to buy houses well away from the Industrial estates to avoid the general pollution and the frequent clouds resulting from fires and other industrial mishaps.

one thing is sure though, its going to get a lot more crowded.

Yep, agreed. Always have a "plan B" available here.

• 1 month later...

i see the new Thai watsadu, on the suk has its sign up and the outside of the building is nearly finished'

i also see they are clearing a big patch of land near to the temple as you come into ban chang from sattahip, just after the new 7 road works.

they are also making the 332 road wider from the suk  to 331 road and beyond to 'Jay' traffic lights junction, at the suk again

23 hours ago, steve187 said:

i see the new Thai watsadu, on the suk has its sign up and the outside of the building is nearly finished'

i also see they are clearing a big patch of land near to the temple as you come into ban chang from sattahip, just after the new 7 road works.

they are also making the 332 road wider from the suk  to 331 road and beyond to 'Jay' traffic lights junction, at the suk again

It's about time this has been needed for a long time

5 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

I will wake up this topic with a strong rumor of a Tesco Lotus Express coming to Phala soon. I heard close to the DEE DEE and circle. Anyone else hear this?

i can not see where it would go, a few months ago the 's' mart on the roundabout was being looked at as a location for a new 7/11 but parking was a problem, so it was opened further along the tesco road away from the roundabout, so near to that new 7/11 would be the logical place to build a tesco express, as the land opens up there to bigger plots, other than that the land opposite the sea on the way to phayun would be big enough, but i would think a lot more expensive and not as good a position as near to the new 7/11

They are clearing a house and land diagonally across from the 's' mart, backing onto the sea, but would not be big enough for a tesco express.

I drove by the round about area yesterday and when heading north towards 7-11 just past the Dee Dee bar/ Mini mart shop on the left a building is being demolished and the land cleared,,,,,,,so possible spot? Parking ? Nevermind no need,,,,,,,lol

On 1/17/2019 at 9:36 AM, chrisandsu said:

the train from Bangkok is not far off completed

Still a single track from Pattaya south

if they are following this route..maybe they are going some other way ?????

bfc495458ff2c28b534d0de7132e6378.jpeg.ead41e568b0a9d17497c9c695aa2c754.jpeg.a1f6391e685e3d8c716fc6f4dc510086.jpeg

IMG_20160502_131401.thumb.jpg.35d331fc64f83cf8145bad78543f88dd.jpg

On 1/22/2019 at 11:54 AM, huangnon said:

^There isn't much expansion available in the Maptaphut area now. The new infrastructure is just to connect the existing industrial plants with Chonburi, Bangkok, Ayutthaya, etc.

The new expressway is being built there??    

19 minutes ago, johng said:

Still a single track from Pattaya south

if they are following this route..maybe they are going some other way ?????

bfc495458ff2c28b534d0de7132e6378.jpeg.ead41e568b0a9d17497c9c695aa2c754.jpeg.a1f6391e685e3d8c716fc6f4dc510086.jpeg

IMG_20160502_131401.thumb.jpg.35d331fc64f83cf8145bad78543f88dd.jpg

the train from bangkok goes to pattaya and then to phutalung staion near to queen sirikit hospital, there the passenger trains terminated, wait and then return at 1.30, ( fare to bangkok 36 baht)the line does go to sattahip, a few goods trains and a few times a year the navy use it for recruits. afaik no alterations are in progress on this line.

18 minutes ago, steve187 said:

afaik no alterations are in progress on this line. 

Yes seem that way to me too

so where is the line the OP is talking about I wonder ????

On 1/17/2019 at 9:36 AM, chrisandsu said:

the train from Bangkok is not far off completed !

On 3/10/2019 at 8:42 AM, steve187 said:

it would seem this is to be a new 'mega home' store, so a new Thai watsadu and now this.

still don't know where the new big 'C' is going

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

it would seem this is to be a new 'mega home' store, so a new Thai watsadu and now this.

They are anticipating the population explosion and concomitant building boom.

On 3/19/2019 at 5:18 PM, steve187 said:

I was told yesterday that this is going to be a hotel, Cameo hotel was the name?? 

On 3/15/2019 at 8:39 AM, longball53098 said:

I drove by the round about area yesterday and when heading north towards 7-11 just past the Dee Dee bar/ Mini mart shop on the left a building is being demolished and the land cleared,,,,,,,so possible spot? Parking ? Nevermind no need,,,,,,,lol

Apparently this is to be one of these Cj shops, there is a few have popped up in BC lately, a kind of copy of Mini C.

Edited by LennyW

4 hours ago, longball53098 said:

I was told yesterday by a construction supervisor at the site next to the school/wat the site will be a HomePro

a PEA supervisor said he attended the site to advise re electric for a mega home, so 2  for a DIY store,  1 for a hotel,

^Thailand loves to chuck out the "mega-project" terminology. It thinks lots of big construction projects, however useless, makes them sophisticated and first-world. Having a lot of construction magnates in charge of political bases, hardly discourages this. A lot of them won't be happy until the country is covered with concrete and plastic bags.

It would be nice if there was a plan to build a park, recreation, or sports centre facility locally, to give kids an outlet away from online gaming shops and casual drug abuse, but not holding my breath.

w-Banksy-ParkSwing-Flickr-JulieFaith.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

People in any doubt about what is going to happen around Ban Chang should follow a few articles like this…..

“Projects to be launched next year include improvements to roads linking Laem Chabang port and U-tapao airport, a Map Ta Phut port expansion and development of highways in the three EEC provinces.”

https://lakelandobserver.com/somkid-says-2018-marks-turning-point/528903/

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, longball53098 said:

So now Rainbow and old Beaver bar locations are a Mini Big C and soon a Thaiwatsadu will open,,,,,,,,,,,,

Anyone know the open date for Thaiwatsadu? I need something and don't want to drive to Hardware House

May 24

15 hours ago, Toosetinmyways said:

If you are discussing the Ban Chang Watsadu I was in it last Monday 13 May.

Did you get any bargains, or do you have to wait till it officially opens on the 24th?

Edited by LennyW

1 hour ago, LennyW said:

Did you get any bargains, or do you have to wait till it officially opens on the 24th?

Don't know about bargains but if you're a banchangian then surely saving the cost of gas driving to patts or rayong will come into it.

14 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Don't know about bargains but if you're a banchangian then surely saving the cost of gas driving to patts or rayong will come into it.

I can just walk across the road from my work ????