Royal Thai Embassy London Electronic application only from 1st April 2019

1 hour ago, Tim16 said:

It is unclear whether the London Embassy and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is on the same page over eVisas. According to https://www.thailandvisa.net/online-visa-application/, from March, UK passport holders will be able to apply for a tourist visa only online through thailandvisa.net, and receive the visa electronically. The announcement from the London Embassy seems to apply to all visas, but requires the actual visa to be affixed to the passport by the Embassy. It is probably too early to tell, but the two different flavours of eVisa may both become available at some stage. Alternatively, one or both may be dropped.

6 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It is unclear whether the London Embassy and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is on the same page over eVisas. According to https://www.thailandvisa.net/online-visa-application/, from March, UK passport holders will be able to apply for a tourist visa only online through thailandvisa.net, and receive the visa electronically. The announcement from the London Embassy seems to apply to all visas, but requires the actual visa to be affixed to the passport by the Embassy. It is probably too early to tell, but the two different flavours of eVisa may both become available at some stage. Alternatively, one or both may be dropped.

Are they ever on the same page?   "TIT" rules here.

IMO, whatever MFA says, it's the Embassy or Consulate with which you are dealing at the time that will control what you can actually obtain. 

As I've mentioned before, up to now, a postal application for SETV has been easy but it seems as if a visit to London will be necessary, once this kicks in....unless they change the rules.

It's similar to the situation whereby I cannot get a METV in London - no State Pension, no Employer - but I understand that were I to apply in some parts of Europe or USA I could get one. Ridiculous but true.

As i said earlier, there's lots of conjecture but as you implied, @BritTim, we need to wait and see.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Forget the stickers electronically and Thailandvisa.net. They are not in anyway affiliated to the Thai government. I told you months ago they simply got wind of what was happening and decided to jump the gun on it. The system coming live is the system the London Thai embassy has notified on. It's part of the same system that Singapore has been using and testing albeit without using the immigration database which go's live to London the 1st April and other Embassy's which in turn will notify the date when they switch over. It will be a gradual switch over due to be completed by all Thai embassy's world wide by the end of 2020. Once an Embassy has gone live on the system, it has no input in the decision to issue a visa or not. That is the decision of the system depending on the information it receives from you. The only input the Embassy has is to check and cross reference the exact hard copy's of the documents that you sent electronically and that you will need to supply when you go to get the visa affixed. If they see any noticeable differences or attempt at fraud, damage to your passport etc that you haven't disclosed then the visa and your application is cancelled.  

Edited by Lovethailandelite